Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 3, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #2,746 of 11,472
Not sure why DACs should be any different.

It is not any different. :)

In fact, I've found out that DAC (as have many of you) is just as important, if not more than amp or headphone in your system.

On a different subject, I've just been watching the 'History of the Eagles' on Netflix. Interesting how they started out, both Don and Glen as backup band members for Linda Rondstat. Oh well as interesting as that was, I have to switch back to listening to good quality music on Tidal HiFi. Netflix sound is just plain horrible.

Jun 3, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #2,747 of 11,472
Well CF's music certainly woke me up. Did you say I need to go out for a jog??? I certainly hope not!!!!

Well, the day is still young and I've already learned something new. Had no idea Don and Glen were backup band members for Tucson Arizona's Linda Rondstadt!!!

Speaking of memories:

Jun 3, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #2,750 of 11,472
CF and Pct, I'm now considering your ASUS Stx ii sound card while waiting for Schiit's upgrade.

For $208 it probably will make my Bose Companion 5 sound better. :)

So how much of an improvement is it over USB... in my case it's USB gen 3.

Jun 3, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #2,752 of 11,472
I would ask him not to drink too much while packaging it! I find that coax, at least to me, is more resolving and less noisy than usb. Also seems more "there" there if you get my meaning.

Jun 3, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #2,753 of 11,472
OK. I have consulted with Professor Pctazhp, but he is drunk right now, and making no sense. However, I happened to be doing some reading this morning and someone was saying the Gen 3 USB input on Yiggy is a significant improvement over the Gen 2 in the other Schiit DACs. So I can't personally vouch for what improvement, if any, the ASUS card would be over Yiggy USB. I would also note that the HoloAudio DDC thing-a-magig I have does a pretty decent job with Bimby and it is $90 cheaper than ASUS. Right now the professor would vouch for anything I asked him to, but that would be of no value.

Might want to consider waiting for Eilr, which I don't think will be too much longer in coming. Also keep in mind that Manhattan Project may be impossible to live without and no doubt will sell for more than peanuts or cactus candy.

Jun 3, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #2,754 of 11,472
So as not to tip this thread overboard with DAC talk, I shall now focus on my system as a whole. I have decided to call my system UntilThen.... because it is evolving so it's appropriate.

I've clean up my Sylvania 6sn7w. Literally polish it so it's shining. Behold, here with Tung Sol 5998. With UntilThen, I'm listening to 'Rattle That Lock' by David Gilmour. It's going to be a long day of listening to music.

20170604_093835.jpg

Jun 4, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #2,755 of 11,472
Viola. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::blush::fingers_crossed::thinking:

Connected my Onkyo DVD player to Yggy - Euforia - HD800 and it's crystal. I don't remember CD direct sounding so good and now it's an MIT Terminator 5 coaxial connection to Yggy. Now there's a reason I have 300+ CDs.

@angpsi can I borrow your Krell CD player?

20170604_165825.jpg

Jun 4, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #2,756 of 11,472
I'm joining The More I Listen To Euforia The Better It Gets - Must Still Be Burning In Club. Sorry no ostentatious gold and silver pictures this morning :darthsmile:

Jun 4, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #2,757 of 11,472
Finally found Gungnir's hum problem. I had put it in the same spot that I had the PSAudio New wave dac and same cable connections. At low volume did not detect this at first. At ample volume something was not right. Stopping music so no source connected. Turned volume up and 3/4 full started to hear hum. Thought at first it might be tube, swapped them, still hum, swapped pwr, rca cables and better. Removed unit moved pwr cable to new outlet, different rca cables and moved unit. Hum now gone, apparently not shielded from hum as well as psaudio. Swapped psaudio back to original position with original cable hook up. No hum. Definetly gumby. Not impressed with unit selling for over $1200 to isolate so much. Will give it four more days. Have to reconfigure equipment setup and cabling for a unit that does sound better now, but $1200 better than psaudio, not so sure.

Jun 4, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #2,758 of 11,472
Jun 4, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #2,759 of 11,472
CF, sorry to hear about your hum problems. For me, Yggy did the opposite. It silence my system. Hum will put us off listening and enjoying music. Whatever DAC you end up using, I wish you a glitch free experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back