Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 1, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #2,731 of 11,460
The desk might clash with a color combination but a good coat of paint would take care of the desk. Now as far as those two hot blondes are concerned with the temperature being so hot where you are to begin with I don't know how much that of that heat this old body could take however since nothing lasts forever and what goes in between the dust to dust part sound like a great idea

Oh you must be so terribly confused. I was talking about model airplanes. UT will help you appreciate the joy of caressing the wings.

I'm passing on the desk. I can stack Euforia on top of Gumby. Just need a black Gumby or paint my Euforia silver.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #2,732 of 11,460
Weird request! Anybody in southeastern Michigan have this amp and want to let a total stranger into your home to listen to it? I will bring my McIntosh MHP1000 headphones.

There's one in the southern hemisphere. You're welcome to bring your McIntosh.

I have 2 German Sherperds and 2 Dobermans patrolling the house. You will be safe.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #2,733 of 11,460
There's one in the southern hemisphere. You're welcome to bring your McIntosh.

I have 2 German Sherperds and 2 Dobermans patrolling the house. You will be safe.

Southern Michigan is still Northern North America my befuddled friend.
I think too much sonic bliss and late nights listening may have dulled some of your other senses. :dt880smile:

Jun 2, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #2,734 of 11,460
I was fascinated by the Yiggy review. I loved listening to him pronounce Yggdrasil. But my reaction to the review doesn't have much to do with Yiggy. I'm already convinced it is one of the best DACs money (which I don't have) can buy. It was the guy himself. He seems like a very reasonable, level headed person. He makes me realize what a mediocre listener I am. I think my Bimby is pretty resolving. I'm sure Gumby is more, and Yiggy even more. But I just don't think I could ever appreciate the degree of resolution he describes hearing among different DACs. Well, my days of Golden Ears are in the past. I have entered the Old Geezer Ears phase of my life.

Someone commented in the Yggy thread that Mike Moffat prefers the Gumby over Yggy. This was Mike's reply.

That's a negative. My big system is a Yggy, my den system is a Gumby, and my office system is a Bimby.

Get a Yggy. Your days of Golden Ears are not in the past. :k701smile:

On the 13th day, Yggy + Euforia + HD800 starts to spread it's wings. It maybe by chance or fate that I've assembled this components together but this setup sounds astonishing now. I'm about to post 'The End' sign now but I think that it will get better still with longer burn in.

Jun 2, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #2,735 of 11,460
Someone commented in the Yggy thread that Mike Moffat prefers the Gumby over Yggy. This was Mike's reply.

That's a negative. My big system is a Yggy, my den system is a Gumby, and my office system is a Bimby.

Get a Yggy. Your days of Golden Ears are not in the past. :k701smile:

On the 13th day, Yggy + Euforia + HD800 starts to spread it's wings. It maybe by chance or fate that I've assembled this components together but this setup sounds astonishing now. I'm about to post 'The End' sign now but I think that it will get better still with longer burn in.

I just woke up and therefore not responsible for anything I say right now. Actually, I deny responsibility for anything I ever say.

There is no doubt in my mind that Yiggy is better than Gumby. Of course, the degree of difference might be debated, but I'm sure it is not minimal. Schiit has built it's reputation on providing value, and I don't believe it would sell Yiggy for $1,000 more if there was just minimal difference.

One advantage of Yiggy right now is I could get it in black, which would save me having to paint my Euforia silver and then buying another one when Lukasz tells me their warranty doesn't cover dipping Euforia into a bucket of silver paint. Also, I need CF to provide me with the dimensions of Yiggy. Oh wait, I've been to the Schiit site before. I can check that myself. I would have to take into consideration the effort that moving my desktop clock and stapler to accommodate Yiggy would entail.

Well, time will tell. At least for the time being I can know that when Mike is in his office he and I are one with each other :)

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #2,736 of 11,460
I swap in my NAD d1050 in and thought that it sounded nice too but evidently, it's a warmer tone and the magic that I experience for the last 13 days is not there. The details are not quite there I am pretty sure. So I swap back the Yggy and bingo, the magic is back !!! Details galore and notes are so clear that they hug you and won't let you go. And that bass. Yggy handles bass so wonderfully. There's a tightness, impact and control. Soundstage is also wonderfully wide. Most of all perceive blackness is real.... mids and vocals are now cringe worthy except I won't tell Norah Jones that she is cringe worthy. Hug worthy probably.

20170603_064120.jpg

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #2,737 of 11,460
I swap in my NAD d1050 in and thought that it sounded nice too but evidently, it's a warmer tone and the magic that I experience for the last 13 days is not there. The details are not quite there I am pretty sure. So I swap back the Yggy and bingo, the magic is back !!! Details galore and notes are so clear that they hug you and won't let you go. And that bass. Yggy handles bass so wonderfully. There's a tightness, impact and control. Soundstage is also wonderfully wide. Most of all perceive blackness is real.... mids and vocals are now cringe worthy except I won't tell Norah Jones that she is cringe worthy. Hug worthy probably.

Still can't get over how big Yiggy is. But can certainly imagine my Euforia sitting on top of Black Yiggy. And of course, the icing on the cake would be my highly coveted headphone stand: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaming-Doub...723166?hash=item3cfabcecde:g:pzYAAOSwv0tVZik2

BTW, the most interesting thing in the picture is your PC. Is it from outer space?

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #2,738 of 11,460
BTW, the most interesting thing in the picture is your PC. Is it from outer space?

My PC is NASA quality.

Euforia will sits comfortable on top of Yggy but I rather not do that. Tube amps generate quite a lot of heat and there are vents below Euforia. That hot air will all go into Yggy.....

For photo shoot, it's ok. :sunglasses:

20170520_155223.jpg

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #2,739 of 11,460
My PC is NASA quality.

Euforia will sits comfortable on top of Yggy but I rather not do that. Tube amps generate quite a lot of heat and there are vents below Euforia. That hot air will all go into Yggy.....

For photo shoot, it's ok. :sunglasses:

My desk is 9 feet long. I guess if I go with Yiggy I can find some space for it without having to build a Yiggy/Euforia Christmas Tree. :jecklinsmile:

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #2,740 of 11,460
More of a lurker now than a contributor. The dac bias just killed my interest.
After many hours , the psvanes suck. Distortion again at high volume. My EL12N and EL3NS are the way to go for me.
T1s for movies, Focals for music!
Sargeant Peppers sounds really god on Tidal

Jun 3, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #2,741 of 11,460
More of a lurker now than a contributor. The dac bias just killed my interest.
After many hours , the psvanes suck. Distortion again at high volume. My EL12N and EL3NS are the way to go for me.
T1s for movies, Focals for music!
Sargeant Peppers sounds really god on Tidal

Hello Aq, was wondering where you been ! Sorry to hear your interest was killed. What happened here was that some of us were just praising the sound we are hearing from our newly acquired dacs with Euforia and headphones, particularly me. Bias it is not. I wouldn't be praising something I have not heard but in this instance, I'm experiencing Yggy myself. Notice I did not put down other dacs I have not heard.

Feel free to share your tube dac and how it sound with Euforia.

Not sure why your Psvanes is having distortion. Mine is perfectly ok and sounded good.

Jun 3, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #2,743 of 11,460
The highest praise heaped upon Yggy is by this recent review from Stereophile. My rantings are nothing compared to Herb Reichert's eloquence.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/schiit-audio-yggdrasil-da-processor

Interesting and well written review, and nice recognition for Yiggy. I for one have been enjoying your Yiggy adventure. Since Elise was first introduced there sure has been a lot of discussion of owners' experience with headphones with F-A amps. Not sure why DACs should be any different.

Jun 3, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #2,744 of 11,460
This will help you get moving and motivated this morning PCT

Jun 3, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #2,745 of 11,460
Also these will help jog your memory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back