1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
Next

Last
  1. Spork67
    :wink:

UntilThen likes this.
  2. connieflyer
    All very good reasons PCT, I applaud your reasoning, and just to show you I appreciate your judgement, I offer up an oldie for you.

3. UntilThen
    I have one other option. Hire a singer to sing for me every night.

4. pctazhp
    Summertime has long been one of my favorite songs and there are so many wonderful recordings of it. The Kenny G version is right at the top. Even though I've been involved in audio for now almost 50 years, one of the thing I'm realizing or rediscovering, is that with a crystal clear Euforia based system how much variation there is in recordings. I don't know anything about the bit-rate of YouTube or its resolution, but this recording from YouTube is stunning. Far more enjoyable that a lot of what I can find on Tidal HD, although with good recordings Tidal will certainly out-do YouTube. But the quality of the recording is so important.

UT's comment about hiring a singer every night has given me an idea. I'm going to look into making recordings on my own PC so I can build a library of my own melodious voice, and then I can listen to myself every night.

5. pctazhp
    The wind is stirring things up outside and I put my EL11STs/EL12STs in. I can't stop listening. Just sayin' :k701smile:

Oskari likes this.
  6. connieflyer
    I know what you mean it's 1:30 in the morning and I just keep moving from one song to the next. Life is ebbing away one song at a time.

7. pctazhp
    I saw your post when I woke up this morning. I fell asleep last night listening. Yes our life is ebbing away. But I remember what 1:30 AM used to mean when I was younger, and I'll take the current version any day. Just wish I still had the earlier version of my body. :jecklinsmile:

8. connieflyer
    Wait, we were different at some earlier time? That must have been a good time indeed!

9. connieflyer
    Gumby is getting better

10. pctazhp
    Thermal equalization, whatever that is. I think I once experienced it at a massage parlor in Okinawa.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  11. connieflyer
    That happens if they run out of massage oil

12. pctazhp
    Actually, I think the correct term may be "thermal equilibrium". I don't really know. My equilibrium doesn't start kicking in until around noon. People who are trying to learn something must really hate posts like this.

13. UntilThen
    CF, so you finally got your Gumby. One song at a time is the way to burn it in. Awaiting further impressions from you when you have warm it up.

Here's a review of the Yggy. I was surprised to see mention of the Nakamichi dac (which I had posted a picture of earlier) shown in the video. A good review I'd say.

14. UntilThen
    Enjoying 'Kind of Blue' by Miles Davis at start of day. My setup is sounding better and better every day.

15. Oskari
    Yo, PCT! In my opinion Kenny doesn't even compare to Paul Desmond:

Summertime

N.B.

Wintersong

First

Back
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
Next

Last