1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last
  1. UntilThen
    Why don't you buy a Mimby and get a taste of multibits. If you don't like it within 15 days, return it at a cost of restocking fee. If you like it, return it anyway and buy a Yggy.

2. Oskari
    Paint marker, extra fine point?

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  3. pctazhp
    Where do I lodge a protest? I want the last UntilThen avatar back !!!

4. mordy
    Yeah UT, I got used to feeling it, but using my T1s I keep the volume on 10-11, and using the Euforia as a pre-amp I keep the volume at max. So I want to avoid surprises (AKA rude awakening) when switching and thus I need visual verification instead of tactile verification. (Is that legal language, pct?)

5. mordy
    Me too!

6. mordy
    Hi Oskari,

Was thinking of a fine point correction pen, but the tip may be too wide.

7. pctazhp
    I don't know about the legal stuff. I cry whenever I think of anything between Euforia and the transducer. It just seems so "unnatural" to me.

Speaking of unnatural, you might want to be careful using such words as "tactile" with @UntilThen. He loves to talk about stroking his Euforia, which has raised my eyebrows. If this keeps up, I may have to go to confession. Oh wait, I'm not Catholic!!! Well, I'm just going to go write in my diary for a while. I keep it on a private server in my bathroom so no one can ever read it.

Anything else you'd like my help with??? :triportsad:

8. mordy

I'm sorry, last time I was tactile with the Euforia I burned my fingers on the power tubes lol.....Those Bendixes read 149C on my infrared thermometer.

9. UntilThen
    What's da matter? Don't you like my new HD800 avatar? It's pure bliss and euphoria.

I wanted a Yggy avatar but all I could find were trees.

10. UntilThen
    I'm using optical connection from PC to Yggy. I can't hear any difference between optical and USB. They both sound awesome.
    I tried optical from PC to Yggy and I could not detect any difference with USB. They both sounded awesome. I'll just enjoy my music for now and not over think this. :smile_phones:

whirlwind likes this.
  11. pctazhp
    For those who believe some benefit can be derived from thinking, I want to clarify that my PC doesn't have optical output and I have never tried it with Bimby. However, back in my audiophile days I know many considered it an inferior connection (similar to how some people now consider USB inferior). I have seen comments on HeadFi critical of the optical output from MACs. Not sure about PCs.

I can say for sure that using the SPDIF output from my ASUS card has brought a noticeable improvement, but I am using the lowly Bimby which doesn't hold a candle in the wind to Yiggy.

I'm considering this as my next avatar:

rodin_theThinker.jpg

12. mordy
    Maybe this?

[​IMG]

13. UntilThen
    You'll be surprised how good the 'lowly' USB gen 3 in Yggy sounds.... until such time when you are ready to spring for the $795 Lynx E22 to pair with your $2299 Yggy.... and by the time you do that, you will find that the best option would be to get a good CD transport..... and by the time you do that, you realise why all the fuss, should have just gotten a top end turntable and sell the DAC. And by the time you have gotten the top end turntable, you realise what the ..... did I do that... let's just go back to iPhone and earbud for convenience.

To which I shall quote Hamlet, Why, then, 'tis none to you, for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

Now I shall quote myself. Yggy is not just a world tree but a DAC you need to try out for yourself. It's that good.... with just 16/44.1 flacs. :)

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Liu Junyuan likes this.
  14. Oskari
    Apply paint, wipe the excess off, hope some paint stays in the groove?

15. pctazhp
    Lowly Thinker says: There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

As for me, I choose to follow my bliss, which for me is SPDIF.

follow-your-bliss.jpg

I give the last word to whomever feels they need it.

First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last