1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181
183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192
Next

Last
  1. angpsi
    But now the Utopia are back on the table!

2. UntilThen
    Yup feel free to buy it and join the soup kitchen.

3. connieflyer
    So far Gumby is working out nicely. Two days of burning in while about 9 hours in the last two days have been under headphones and played through my main home theater. It is very resolving and detail retrieval is excellent. One more week to go before I decide to keep it or not, but looks promising so far

UntilThen likes this.
  4. connieflyer
    Contemplating putting the Sony Hap-S1 up for sale. Not getting as much use as before. Have gone back to pc centralized source. Great sounding unit, but need to sell off some things to buy food next month! Looking to buy new Jaguar so I can get a better parking spot at the grocery store!!

5. UntilThen
    Welcome to my world. I'll see you at the soup kitchen. I'm thinking of the 2017 Rolls Royce Phantom coupe though. Has more presence and soundstage.

82504_2017_rollsroyce_Phantom.jpg

6. UntilThen
    Now more than ever, I want to hear a Gumby. Just to hear how it compares to Yggy. Did you get a black Gumby?

7. connieflyer
    It only came in silver. So I got a silver one. Sounds about the same as if it were black but actually I think the lighter color allows for a better transition from light to dark tones in the music.

8. pctazhp
    If he got a black one, then he has an inside track with Schiit, because they haven't been available recently on their website.

I was fascinated by the Yiggy review. I loved listening to him pronounce Yggdrasil. But my reaction to the review doesn't have much to do with Yiggy. I'm already convinced it is one of the best DACs money (which I don't have) can buy. It was the guy himself. He seems like a very reasonable, level headed person. He makes me realize what a mediocre listener I am. I think my Bimby is pretty resolving. I'm sure Gumby is more, and Yiggy even more. But I just don't think I could ever appreciate the degree of resolution he describes hearing among different DACs. Well, my days of Golden Ears are in the past. I have entered the Old Geezer Ears phase of my life.

I'm following CF's Gumby experience with interest, as I'm saving up for one. Anyone interested in a package deal on the content of my refrigerator? I'm moving to a new place within walking distance of the North Scottsdale Soup Kitchen and Sushi Bar.

Excuse me for going off topic for a moment, but with Euforia I find I am preferring my pair of Sylvania 6SN7-WGT drivers to the Sylvania 6SN7Ws, for whatever that is worth.

Question for CF: Would Euforia fit and be ok sitting on top of Gumby?

9. connieflyer
    The amp will sit on top of Gumby with no problem. I emailed tech support about airspace and was told that if the sides and back are open you only need a quarter of an inch clearance for air space on top of Gumby. So plenty of clearance for airspace. From what I hear the North Scottsdale soup kitchen is excellent. You must get there before noon to get the best seating

10. canthearyou
    Weird request! Anybody in southeastern Michigan have this amp and want to let a total stranger into your home to listen to it? I will bring my McIntosh MHP1000 headphones.

11. pctazhp
    Thanks. I was hoping you'd say no way, and then I could save money. Well, actually I probably just would have bought a bigger desk (((

I tip the Kitchen's concierge generously and seem to have no problem getting seated.

12. connieflyer
    I send you dimensions so you can start looking fo desk Size: 16 x 8.75” x 2.25” http://schiit.com/products/gungnir
    I may be late for lunch so please ask Mater D to hold my lunch!

13. pctazhp
  14. connieflyer
    The desk might clash with a color combination but a good coat of paint would take care of the desk. Now as far as those two hot blondes are concerned with the temperature being so hot where you are to begin with I don't know how much that of that heat this old body could take however since nothing lasts forever and what goes in between the dust to dust part sound like a great idea

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  15. UntilThen
    Many have stack their amp on top of their Gumby or Yggy. I don't like doing that though because I want to run my hand over the top of Yggy to get some winter warm.

First

Back
172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181
183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192
Next

Last