Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
May 14, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,401 of 11,460
Thank you for including me in the peanut gallery! Great news! Now I no longer need to take my Meds! Back to Marty Robbins!

May 14, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #2,404 of 11,460
Details are not important now, I barely remember some of the things from back then, probably a good thing!

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #2,405 of 11,460
I played this on the jukebox so many times when I was stationed in Memphis, Tn. they would unplug the machine when they saw me come in..

May 14, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #2,406 of 11,460
I'm done.

May 14, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #2,407 of 11,460
okay one more in honor to all the street racing we did

May 14, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #2,408 of 11,460
I love that Hot Rod Lincoln video, but through Euforia it is Sizzling Hot Rod Lincoln!!!

I have taken the liberty of looking up the definition of "done" as in "I'm done".

Here is what I found:

done
(dŭn)
v.
Past participle of do1.
adj.
1. Having been carried out or accomplished; finished: a done deed.
2. Cooked adequately.
3. Socially acceptable: Spitting on the street is just not done in polite society.
4. Informal Totally worn out; exhausted.​

Not sure which one you meant.

May 14, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #2,409 of 11,460
Perhaps this will give you pause..

May 14, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #2,411 of 11,460
And so to make my setup sound better with the Euforia as the cornerstone, my quest to find the right dac is getting closer and closer. :grinning:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/schiit-gungnir-dac.603219/page-288#post-13490423

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/schiit-gungnir-dac.603219/page-288#post-13490448

I almost never chose what to listen to based on quality of the recording, but rather what song or performance am I in the mood for. Right now I'm listening to an old Harry Belafonte album on Tidal. Far from a state of the art recording. And if I pay attention I can hear its short comings. But it sounds so great. I can't imagine how listening to recorded music can get any more enjoyable.

I read posts from people who have many times the amount of money invested in their headphone systems than I have, and they are still looking for even better. Or they claim USB was never intended for music and they long ago abandoned it, or they find other imperfections they are trying to cure and appear ready to spend a lot of money to achieve nirvana. When I read stuff like that I start to think that I may just not know what to listen for or am not nearly critical enough. Well maybe so. I don't know. What I do know is that over the decades I have heard some of the finest speaker based systems ever assembled. I can't say the same about headphones, but I think I'm not a totally tone-deaf listener.

With my Bimby-Jitterbug - Burning-in Euforia and HD800S I just absolutely love listening to recorded music. More so than I have ever before. So, what I'm trying to say is that I feel very confident that if you choose Gumby you will be thrilled. Are there other paths that could be equally or more rewarding? I'm sure there are, but I certainly can't even guess what they would be. I'm not at all saying that is what you SHOULD do. I just don't have the breath of experience with current DACs and headphones. But I don't think you are wildly off base.

May 14, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #2,412 of 11,460
Unknown.jpg

^ upgrading is fine as long as you don't become this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back