1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
Next

Last
  1. connieflyer
    I like the KRs very much, just want to try a few other combos with the 5998s staying witheSe 800 and psaudio dac so I thought another pair or two of tubes

2. pctazhp

3. pctazhp
  4. connieflyer
    I looked at that converter when I thought I might keep the Denafrips dac. Thought it looked like a good unit. Funny you should choose Climb Every Mountain as although I no longer have any dreams to fulfill once my other knee gets replaced and I heal up my goal is to Climb Every Mountain in Tennessee I had made a start of it before want to finish that before I go. Might have to come to Arizona and hiked across the desert. Okay that's not going to happen never make it in the heat. Although I would like to go down to the zoo.

5. mordy
    Hi CF,

[​IMG]

Like this one? It belongs to Gibosi.

Dealing with the 60-70 year old EL11 and EL12 tubes the bases are often lose. I bought some brush on crazy glue and this takes care of it in 30 seconds.

[​IMG]

6. pctazhp
    OK wise guy. Here's an Arizona mountain for you to climb: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Peaks. It is said to have mystical powers, so it is a very good place to bond - if you get my drift.

If the mountain is too much for you, I'm certain you will feel quite at home at the zoo.

PS. I think it's a good idea you returned the Denafrips back. It seems like something to eat more than to listen to.

PSS. @mordy Your recommendation to CF to use Krazy glue was most appropriate!!!

PSSS. Almost forgot to say good morning CF. As always I wish you a wonderful day :ksc75smile:

7. connieflyer
    Really liked that
    Link to the Cocaine forests, if you did not make it to the top you probably would not care

8. Oskari
    That photo with the twist tie is a classic! :sunglasses:

Cc @gibosi

9. connieflyer
    Except for the twit tie

10. Oskari
    Twit? :confused:

The tie is the point! :stuck_out_tongue:

11. pctazhp
    Did I hear someone calling me???

coneheads_a.jpg

12. Oskari
    Thank you, poin(t)dexter! :joy:

13. gibosi
    Yep, the metal base was a little loose on this Sylvania 6SN7W, but with a simple twist tie it's good as new. :)

2014-03-15 09.51.29.jpg
    2014-03-15 09.50.39.jpg
    2014-03-15 09.48.21.jpg

whirlwind and Oskari like this.
  14. mordy
    Hi pct,

There are several versions on this crazy glue - make sure to get this version with the brush, 5g. And do not pay more than $2.99 - I bought mine in Shop- Rite but I don't know if that supermarket chain has stores in AZ.

If the base is really lose, the thin brush hairs reach inside the space between the base and the glass.

15. UntilThen
    2nd day with Sylvania 6sn7w and they are a revelation. I am hearing more of everything in John Coltrane - A Love Supreme - The Complete Masters. These tubes are worth seeking out. This is an instance where I feel drivers have a greater impact than powers. These Sylvanias have treble supremacy, lush mids and very good low end extensions.

I'm still using the 6sn7w with Bendix 6080w in Euforia listening with modded hd650.

First

Back
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
Next

Last