1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
Next

Last
  1. pctazhp
    I think they are also pretty close in price here upover. And with Hugo 2 one is also paying for an amp that probably wouldn't be used. But I haven't heard Yiggy or Hugo 2, so I'm just whistling DIxie.

2. UntilThen
    The bullet has landed. That's what I call the Sylvania 6sn7w. Looks like a bullet. This is one of the top 6sn7 drivers according to the 6sn7 Reference thread.

It took me a while before I dabble with a better sounding 6sn7 driver but it could also be the last of my tube purchase. It's time to chase dac and headphones. :metal:

This is not the metal base variety which is even more expensive but nevertheless supposedly almost as good and less microphonic.

So how does it sound? Replacing the Tung Sol 6sn7gtb (1960s) and paired with Bendix 6080wb, it's quite evident that this is a more revealing driver. Treble is sparkling clear, vocals are outstanding and bass has a solid impact. Soundstage is wider and instruments separation is outstanding. Hard to imagine that a tiny looking 6sn7 tube produces such tone.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  3. Tunkejazz
    Lukazs just contacted me to ask for some extra information for the courier... Euforia will soon be on the way!!!!!

4. pctazhp
    Might fine looking pair of bullets, pawdner. But the operative word is "could" :darthsmile:

5. UntilThen
    Congrats. It's exciting to be getting your Euforia soon. I wonder how many have been shipped.

6. whirlwind

These are great sounding driver tubes....congrats.

UntilThen likes this.
  7. connieflyer
    I will have to look in on these. Something to resolve live performances

8. connieflyer
    Ut , where did you find these tubes?

9. connieflyer
    another great performance.

10. UntilThen
    CF I got the Sylvania 6sn7w pair on ebay used but in good condition for $128.

NOS ones are asking for $400 plus.

11. connieflyer
    If you like them that much I'll have to look around for them sounds like something I would like. Thank you UT

12. UntilThen
    You should be very happy with the Ken Rad 6sn7gt vt231 and Tung Sol 5998. Most folks would be.

Sylvania 6sn7w is nice but like the Tung Sol 6sn7gt black round plates, prices are getting out of hand.

I've no doubt my next purchase will be a multibit dac. That's supposed to take you back to vinyl sound. :)

13. mordy
    Hi UT,

Congrats on your new tubes! I have a similar looking pair from the mid 50's but the designation is 6SN7GTA so they are not the coveted 6SN7W version.

Anyhow, came across a review of what looks like a similar pair to yours:

[​IMG]

The review is very poetic but a little befuddling to me - maybe somebody can interpret it (I'll try below):

There was a lovely midrange, extended high-frequency and special "Mei Li", regardless of location, dynamic, analytical and hierarchical interpretation of the sound field, and the performance of the human voice charm and sense of the scene, are sufficient to exemplary (inferior to the metal base 6SN7A / W), which is the production of tubes Sylvania detached Arcane.

I think that it means: Lovely mid range, extended high frequency range with that special beauty regardless of music source; dynamic, analytical extended sound stage. Voices are portrayed with charm and a sense of presence all in all making for an exemplary performance (only improved upon by the older Sylvania production of the metal base 6SN7W tubes).

CF - if you are interested they only cost the price of a Hugo:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MB-SYLV...862817?hash=item4b169be5a1:g:ybcAAOSwPYZU7Gq8

美丽 means Mei Li which means beautiful in Chinese.

14. UntilThen
    Mordy you know Mandarin. Mei-Li means beautiful. :)

Please don't egg CF to buy that NOS pair of Sylvania 6sn7w. :)

15. connieflyer
    No problem with me buying that pair. Way way overpriced. Looking a local supplier I have bought from in the past he has some metal base where the metal shield around the bottom is loose but tubes are in great shape other than that.

First

Back
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
Next

Last