1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
Next

Last
  1. UntilThen
    Geezers united :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I ain't kidding when I say I'm a fan too. This is only 1 of 2 youtube videos I made.... recorded with an iphone so can't expect too much but there in the car, I have 12" subwoofer for the low down grunt.

2. UntilThen
    Coca Cola? :ksc75smile: Can't think on a Sunday. It's a rest day.

3. mordy
    Here it is still Saturday. At least start using your fingers and big toes to figure out the month......A B C D E F G H I J K

4. mordy
    Hi UT,

To paraphrase your quote, this tube leaves me meshmerized.....

5. UntilThen
    Must be Mullard. Did you get the EF80 or EF86?

Both sounded very good on La Figaro 339 but the Mullard EF86 is much better on that amp. My son loves it. It's my incentive to visit him more so I get to listen to HE560 with LF339 and those drivers and Svetlana 6h13c power tubes.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  6. UntilThen
  7. pctazhp
    The one you have so kindly ordered for me hasn't yet arrived so my report will be delayed.

This entire subject is a morass of confusion, at least for my brain-empty head cavity. Here are just two examples of the kind of stuff I see that makes no sense to me:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/holo-audio-spring-r2r-dac.810065/page-83#post-13489917

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/schiit-yggdrasil-impressions-thread.766347/page-341#post-13490163

All I know is Mike Moffat says USB is his least favorite input on his MB DACs. But I, like many people, use HD Tidal as my main source of music. So, what to do - what to do???

In the meantime, you may want to consider: https://kitsunehifi.com/product/singxer-f1-digital-interface-board/

8. pctazhp
  9. pctazhp
    BTW, when I was on the NeedleDoctor web site, I saw the SOTA Millennia turntable. Pretty cool. I used to like SOTA tables a lot.

But $10,500, and that's without cartridge or arm!!! Kind of makes our talk of DACs, etc. seem like chump change :)

10. angpsi
    Hi guys, these Hi-Face dongles used to be very big in my country among the high-end community for many years. I personally haven't auditioned them but I remember them to have grown quite a crowd in their day - and perhaps they still do!

In this regard, this oldie but Goldie came to mind: http://www.halidedesign.com/bridge/

11. pctazhp
    I don't see a lot of discussion about the quality of USB data stream, and until quite recently didn't pay much attention to it. The Halide Bridge is interesting, but pretty pricey and perhaps a little dated. Anyway, thank for the additional information)))

12. pctazhp
    I said I wouldn't say more about Euforia unless and until I noticed any significant improvement during burn-in. With 30 to 35 hours, I have reached a new level. Won't try to describe the improvement, but it is significant. Everything is just more better)))))

13. connieflyer
    Not to dredge up past threads, but , oh well, i will. Favorite CCR is Ramble Tamble. 2 minutes in the guitar work gets going in earnest.....Still have the original album, unless I sent it to UT

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  14. connieflyer
    This one is for PCT, had this on 78rpm record, yes folks I had an awesome record player back in 1957, had all four speeds, 16 rpm, 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm and of course 78 rpm.

15. pctazhp
    I obviously need to step in here. This is the best CCR, and you don't need to wait 2 minutes in for the good stuff to get started. BUT WARNING: CONTENTS OF THIS VIDEO NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN OR FOR @connieflyer

First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
Next

Last