FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Nov 13, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #5,026 of 5,204
With those criteria, I would definitely put the Shoer EJ07 and the Mangird Tea high on your list. Both are famous for their wonderful sounding midrange, and neither of them have harsh treble or harsh upper midrange. Neither of them are fatiguing.

Missing the sale may have been a blessing in disguise. As great as the S8 is, it might have been quickly fatiguing to you.

Thank you thank you !! Hadn't looked at the Shoer EJ07s before. The reason I didn't pull the plug on the Mangird Tea was because I read (think it was in this forum?) that might be uncomfortable for people with small ears. Think I''m going to revisit them after reading your words. Thanks again :)

Nov 13, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #5,027 of 5,204
In these case I quote @IEMusic about S8F chance to be fatiguing for some sensitive ears.. I'm also worried about it.
Mangird Tea and EJ07 aren't fatiguing at all based on many reviews and opinions.

Had no idea the S8Fs could be fatiguing to sensitive ears. Wondering now if I'm lucky I accidentally got the sale dates mixed up, ha. This was so helpful to hear so I can stop dreaming of the wrong IEMs. Thanks to you and @IEMusic !!!

Nov 13, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #5,028 of 5,204
With those criteria, I would definitely put the Shoer EJ07 and the Mangird Tea high on your list. Both are famous for their wonderful sounding midrange, and neither of them have harsh treble or harsh upper midrange. Neither of them are fatiguing.

Missing the sale may have been a blessing in disguise. As great as the S8 is, it might have been quickly fatiguing to you.
Just saw your words about blessing in disguise. Thinking you're right. Also thinking your warning was a blessing. Period :D

Nov 13, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #5,029 of 5,204
In these case I quote @IEMusic about S8F chance to be fatiguing for some sensitive ears.. I'm also worried about it.
Mangird Tea and EJ07 aren't fatiguing at all based on many reviews and opinions.
I think s8p is less fatiguing than the s8f ,both are non fatiguing for me on the high frequency but the low-mids (drum snares) are abit fatiguing.

Nov 13, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #5,031 of 5,204
Had no idea the S8Fs could be fatiguing to sensitive ears. Wondering now if I'm lucky I accidentally got the sale dates mixed up, ha. This was so helpful to hear so I can stop dreaming of the wrong IEMs. Thanks to you and @IEMusic !!!
say what? I can't listen to those for long or loud. They are peaky in the high mids. Good luck.

Nov 15, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #5,032 of 5,204
I‘ve read some cursory comparisons between the S8F and the S8Pro, but has anyone else heard the two of them, and can help me decide between the two of them?

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #5,035 of 5,204
say what? I can't listen to those for long or loud. They are peaky in the high mids. Good luck.

Ok, this has gotta be my answer. Think I'm going to walk away from this first dream pair of IEMs and coin them as the dream never realized; likely for the best... Clearly my hours of research didn't do me favours with this particular pair. Thanks so much for taking the time to chime in on this :)

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #5,036 of 5,204
Ok, this has gotta be my answer. Think I'm going to walk away from this first dream pair of IEMs and coin them as the dream never realized; likely for the best... Clearly my hours of research didn't do me favours with this particular pair. Thanks so much for taking the time to chime in on this :)

Man, sorry about that. I know I came in hard with that statement. It could be the kind of thing you just need to try to form your own opinion.

Can you let use know what kind of music you enjoy? Maybe that would help find a good pick.

The Tea is fairly bright man. More in the treble region rather than the S8F that is hot in the high mids. I hear it as being REALLY clear. The EJ is far far more relaxed in those areas and possibly more bold in the mid-mids.

I actually recommend the Tanchjim Oxygen IEM in the under $500 range.

[edit] That last bit is flat out wrong. I decided to test the Tea much more, as I didn't give it a good shot at all. I'm LOVING the Tea

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #5,037 of 5,204
The Tea is fairly bright man. More in the treble region rather than the S8F that is hot in the high mids. I hear it as being REALLY clear. The EJ is far far more relaxed in those areas and possibly more bold in the mid-mids.
Interesting, I think the treble is perfect, but somewhat neutral overall. I actually prefer it with brighter sources. Others think the Tea is dark, such as Antdroid. I appreciate the comparison though, b/c then the EJ is probably not my cup of, ummm..... not quite my ideal IEM.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #5,038 of 5,204
I likely agree with the exception that somehow BA drivers sound different than EST drivers with the same graph. ESTs can be louder and still sound less peaky.

I bet MEST makes you real happy @IEMusic

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #5,039 of 5,204
Nov 15, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #5,040 of 5,204
This thing that S8F is fatinguing and peaky in the high mids is starting to worry me since I have spent 1 month reading reviews about them and looking for the best IEMs for metal in the $500 price range. Maybe I can cancel my order from Linsoul. They haven't shipped them yet. But I am curious to try them myself and give you my feedback.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back