FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Oct 13, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #4,951 of 5,204
I own the s8p and did AB testing with the s8z and s8F. For me the s8F sounds the best while s8z sounds "boring" and "thin". I lost interest for the s8z soon after the audition so didn't get into detail. The same goes for Fearless Roland.
Now Im still waiting for the shipment of the Tequila so I could get chance to try it out.
What is the difference between F and P? P is more technically capable then F? Better speed attach/decay? Better instrument seperation? Tonaly the same? Can you pls give details

Oct 13, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #4,952 of 5,204
What is the difference between F and P? P is more technically capable then F? Better speed attach/decay? Better instrument seperation? Tonaly the same? Can you pls give details
As I am aware the only difference between the two is the tuning in 2 of the mid-range drivers. Technicality-wise they are identical. attack/decay are identical if I remember correctly. Overall the Pro sounded more "flat" than the F. I do not own the F at the moment so I cannot do A/B comparison atm.

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #4,953 of 5,204
I love Origin, infact I used to enjoy this album Entity a lot years back. It's been a while since I've heard them. I do enjoy bands like Sunn o))), earth, Boris,yob,om,electric wizzard and similar doom acts as well old-school death/technical/raw/atmospheric black/heavy metal/prog and everything that puts an iem to test it's extreme limits. I do own a S8F ATM at the moment and quiet happy with those. Just wondering what is the difference btw the P and Z compared to F. I wish I get to try them sometime. S8F is the best I've heard for extreme metal, wondering if P or Z excels in instrument seperation especially on stuff like slam/tech death. I can't imagine anything better to be honest but then again this is the most expensive iem I've owned. Is there an even better iem for extreme metal ?

Perhaps, an Audeze planar IEM? Resolve gives high marks to the Audeze LCDi3, and I know that the LCD-X is my metal go-to for full-sized headphones, since they are my ideal combination of bass presence and clean, resolved sound. Unfortunately, I've only heard the iSine 10 and iSine 20 and their sound signature sounded very off to me. So, hard to tell.

From the graphs, the F has a bit more bass and a bit more 3-4k than the Z, but they are pretty close. I suppose the F would be more v-shaped, in that sense. I doubt it's a substantial difference when it comes to technicalities either. I don't know what you're using to drive them, but it may be worth looking into a cleaner source if you're after some improvement in sound. You could also try the Moondrop S8 if you want a cleaner sound and more even signature. I tend to use the S8 more for prog metal since it has better presence in the vocals.

Oct 13, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #4,954 of 5,204
So my S8Z's came in the mail today. They are very clear.. maybe a little too clear?.. is that even a thing? They are technically more capable then any of my other iems

Oct 14, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #4,955 of 5,204
So my S8Z's came in the mail today. They are very clear.. maybe a little too clear?.. is that even a thing? They are technically more capable then any of my other iems
The s8z is the odd child of the s8 family (s8p and s8f can be seen/heard as twin).The s8z doesnt scream on to your face like the s8F/s8P does.But the great thing of it is that you can EQ it as you like. Also the inside of the s8z is so beautiful.

Oct 14, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #4,956 of 5,204
Even if you don't like or know the Trey Anastasio Band but download/buy the Live albums from 2014. The separation of the instruments is crazy. It's an incredible crystal clear and powerful sound.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-15 um 00.33.44.png

Many Phish live albums are very well mixed too. "Brooklyn" for instance.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #4,957 of 5,204
The s8z is the odd child of the s8 family (s8p and s8f can be seen/heard as twin).The s8z doesnt scream on to your face like the s8F/s8P does.But the great thing of it is that you can EQ it as you like. Also the inside of the s8z is so beautiful.

Hmm mayhaps I've gotten used to the warm house sound of Westone a bit too much. The stock treble on the s8z is piercing...it hits sharp ( the sound of fingersnaps especially). This EQ sounds the best to me (bass hump is exaggerated since it doesn't make a difference to the balanaced armature since they can only pump out so much bass. Got the S8Z's running off a samsung S10E with spotify on high quality(yes yes, audiophile heart attack statements right there). Have a burner lg v60 coming in so maybe that changes my perception.

Attachments

• received_268807107728564.jpeg
    received_268807107728564.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #4,959 of 5,204
Hmm mayhaps I've gotten used to the warm house sound of Westone a bit too much. The stock treble on the s8z is piercing...it hits sharp ( the sound of fingersnaps especially). This EQ sounds the best to me (bass hump is exaggerated since it doesn't make a difference to the balanaced armature since they can only pump out so much bass. Got the S8Z's running off a samsung S10E with spotify on high quality(yes yes, audiophile heart attack statements right there). Have a burner lg v60 coming in so maybe that changes my perception.
From my experience with the s8p, the dac/amp or dap really effects the "agressiveness" of the s8p (sonion BA). I found the best pairing of the s8p with the fiio m11 for now.(I dont have much experice with daps, Im more towards desktop dac and amp.)

So has anybody tried the Tequila's? They're for sale but I haven't seen any reviews for them at all.

The dealer in my country is still waiting for the shipment from China (could be the end of this month or longer). I am looking foward towards it too, will let you know how I feel about them when I get my hands on them.

Oct 18, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #4,960 of 5,204
From my experience with the s8p, the dac/amp or dap really effects the "agressiveness" of the s8p (sonion BA). I found the best pairing of the s8p with the fiio m11 for now.(I dont have much experice with daps, Im more towards desktop dac and amp.)

The dealer in my country is still waiting for the shipment from China (could be the end of this month or longer). I am looking foward towards it too, will let you know how I feel about them when I get my hands on them.
Take one for the team! Let us know how it sounds compared to your S8P's.

Oct 21, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #4,961 of 5,204
@hotsnacx Tequila's product page says it is similar to S8Z's treble. How do you think Tequila compares to S8Z? Since you sold both S8Z and tequila and keeping fiio fh7, do you like fh7 better than s8z and tequila? I was saving for A7, but then a deal on used s8z came along, so now waiting for it to come. Curious about what you think about s8z vs tequila vs fh7

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #4,962 of 5,204
@hotsnacx Tequila's product page says it is similar to S8Z's treble. How do you think Tequila compares to S8Z? Since you sold both S8Z and tequila and keeping fiio fh7, do you like fh7 better than s8z and tequila? I was saving for A7, but then a deal on used s8z came along, so now waiting for it to come. Curious about what you think about s8z vs tequila vs fh7

It is definitely tuned very different. I loved the s8z but tequila just loses so much "bite/hotness" that I personally enjoyed so much in s8z. I thought fh7 provided more soundstage, more sub bass rumble and treble sparkle. I think fh7 is less accurate than tequila. I enjoyed textures of voices and instruments in the upper midrange on tequila.

For me it just came down to what was more exciting and went better with what I listen to. R&B, jazz, rock, electronic.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #4,963 of 5,204
It is definitely tuned very different. I loved the s8z but tequila just loses so much "bite/hotness" that I personally enjoyed so much in s8z. I thought fh7 provided more soundstage, more sub bass rumble and treble sparkle. I think fh7 is less accurate than tequila. I enjoyed textures of voices and instruments in the upper midrange on tequila.

For me it just came down to what was more exciting and went better with what I listen to. R&B, jazz, rock, electronic.
Thank you for the opinion! Seems like we do get what we pay for; with tequila being cheaper than S8Z, they wouldnt make it as good as S8Z. I like to enjoy R&B and pop with decent sub bass and female vocal. Would you keep the fiio fh7 had you still had the S8Z?

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #4,964 of 5,204
Thank you for the opinion! Seems like we do get what we pay for; with tequila being cheaper than S8Z, they wouldnt make it as good as S8Z. I like to enjoy R&B and pop with decent sub bass and female vocal. Would you keep the fiio fh7 had you still had the S8Z?

Yea, FH7 checks a lot of boxes for me. Imaging is really great and I love that ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back