FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jan 21, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #4,472 of 5,204
Are those cables the same quality or is one feel of better materials than the other?

I received the silver looking one on the left.

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #4,473 of 5,204
Almost everything that you wrote distinguishes s8pro from s8f as well. + s8pro has a better scene. It would be interesting to compare s8z and s8pro of the latest release. Compared to the first release, the location of the drivers and, possibly, the sound have been changed.
After testing for you, that difference can distinguish the S8Z & S8 Pro too. The thing about S8Z is the improved soundstage & separation which makes the S8F & S8P sound slightly congested in comparison.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #4,475 of 5,204
Roland owners: what are your thoughts after all the hype and the counter-hype have both settled? I have fitted mine with a silver cable and it opens up the treble. It's still dark, but not as much.

I still find that mids and bass are amazing on Roland, but curious to hear what others think.

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #4,476 of 5,204
Roland owners: what are your thoughts after all the hype and the counter-hype have both settled? I have fitted mine with a silver cable and it opens up the treble. It's still dark, but not as much.

I still find that mids and bass are amazing on Roland, but curious to hear what others think.

Agree with you, i am using a hybrid cable because i prefer over the silver.
But I got the cayin n6II from some days and I must admit that the bvgp art magic v12 that were sitting in the box now sound better then the Roland, so I put them on sale.

Jan 23, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #4,477 of 5,204
Props to Penon Audio and Fearless, who managed to get my S8Z out in a week after pre-ordering and shipped it out on Monday, despite Chinese new year starting this week. Definitely looking forward to spending some time with these. Faceplates are a lot more blingy than I expected, but they really redefine holographic IEM.

IMG_20200124_084836.jpg

IMG_20200124_084913.jpg

IMG_20200123_161846.jpg

Edit: Better Pics

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #4,478 of 5,204
Agree with you, i am using a hybrid cable because i prefer over the silver.
But I got the cayin n6II from some days and I must admit that the bvgp art magic v12 that were sitting in the box now sound better then the Roland, so I put them on sale.
I'm holding on to mine but curious about a few replacement options including the BGVP V12 and also the TSMR Zodiac and ThieAudio Voyager14 that BGGAR currently has at number1. I'm gonna take my time to decide on next move, if any. What tipped the balance for you between V12 and Roland?

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #4,479 of 5,204
Props to Penon Audio and Fearless, who managed to get my S8Z out in a week after pre-ordering and shipped it out on Monday, despite Chinese new year starting this week. Definitely looking forward to spending some time with these. Faceplates are a lot more blingy than I expected, but they really redefine holographic IEM.

Nice to see that Fearless is still offering up such great looking faceplates/shell colors. Those look really cool! Please let us all know what you think of them, when you've had some time with listening.

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #4,480 of 5,204

I'm enjoying the sound but yes, I do wish it was more open and high on treble. Which silver cable are you using btw?

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #4,481 of 5,204

I've put mine up in the For Sale section for close to 40% less than the new price ...
Would a silver cable make a significant difference? If so I'm tempted to give one a try

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #4,482 of 5,204
I'm holding on to mine but curious about a few replacement options including the BGVP V12 and also the TSMR Zodiac and ThieAudio Voyager14 that BGGAR currently has at number1. I'm gonna take my time to decide on next move, if any. What tipped the balance for you between V12 and Roland?

V12 with Fiio x7II + am3d thx module sounded great but never had that great appeal to me. Soundstage little congested and lacking bass/subbass, expecially against the Roland. With the N6II (T01 or better class A E01 module - SE output) while the Roland sounds more or less the same, the V12s release their fully potential, idk if the cayin drives them better then Fiio (likely yes) or if they need a more refined amp stage, but now they have a great soundstage (very wide and deeper), a subbass/bass/mid bass very well extended, present and textured but not bloomy. The Sonion BA Keep in mind that the v12 is a really well balanced/neutral iem, (dip switches off/off), its FR stays inside a 5/6 db so dont expect a fun signature, it is more clinical/monitor sig plenty of details. HBB loves them (also against the VX) but after a period he took them off i dont know why.
So the Roland becames to my ears a little more rough, i like their dark sig but now the v12s are more refined and complete.
I think that a multiBA iem, with many BA and a complex crossover need an appropriate dac/amp stage to bring them to the top. at least in my experience.
i am sure that both Zodiac and Vyger14 are great iem, and you will not go wrong with them.

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #4,483 of 5,204
I've put mine up in the For Sale section for close to 40% less than the new price ...
Would a silver cable make a significant difference? If so I'm tempted to give one a try
It does make a difference but don't expect it to change the signature completely. I don't think Roland will ever have as much sparkle and air as the EJ07 for example.

Note also that I got an 8 core silver cable from Aliexpress, so I'm not using a very expensive upgrade cable. Might be worth a try, you never know.

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #4,484 of 5,204
V12 with Fiio x7II + am3d thx module sounded great but never had that great appeal to me. Soundstage little congested and lacking bass/subbass, expecially against the Roland. With the N6II (T01 or better class A E01 module - SE output) while the Roland sounds more or less the same, the V12s release their fully potential, idk if the cayin drives them better then Fiio (likely yes) or if they need a more refined amp stage, but now they have a great soundstage (very wide and deeper), a subbass/bass/mid bass very well extended, present and textured but not bloomy. The Sonion BA Keep in mind that the v12 is a really well balanced/neutral iem, (dip switches off/off), its FR stays inside a 5/6 db so dont expect a fun signature, it is more clinical/monitor sig plenty of details. HBB loves them (also against the VX) but after a period he took them off i dont know why.
So the Roland becames to my ears a little more rough, i like their dark sig but now the v12s are more refined and complete.
I think that a multiBA iem, with many BA and a complex crossover need an appropriate dac/amp stage to bring them to the top. at least in my experience.
i am sure that both Zodiac and Vyger14 are great iem, and you will not go wrong with them.
Thank you for the detailed answer! I'm gonna need some time to digest all of this as I am really not as advanced in terms of getting all parts of the chain up to par. I am using my earphones from my phone with a tiny amplifier called Uamp which I got from kickstarter a couple of years ago (it's awesome).

I am realising more and more how the earphone on its own means very little without considering the other parts like player and cable. Learning process :)

I won't be getting any other expensive iem for at least three months. I need to sell something first before even thinking of shelling another dollar on those sweet evil gadgets :D

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #4,485 of 5,204
I'm enjoying the sound but yes, I do wish it was more open and high on treble. Which silver cable are you using btw?
I think I'm not supposed to say the name of the brand on this forum. It's an 8 core silver cable that is currently on Aliexpress for about $40. I also got a cheaper TRN silver cable which I didn't like as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back