FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #4,457 of 5,201
I wanted the AMCE8, but couldn't justify it's price!
It's nice to know that the S8Z has the tuning chamber similar to AMCE8!

I'll be ordering the SZ8! ( I have high hopes for it )
DId anyone else order the new SZ8? Just out of curiosity
it doenst look like the tube maze from acme.. i think its not like that, i had the acme 8 , the maze was a tube from the bass BA , this looks like some material around the BA´s

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #4,458 of 5,201
it doenst look like the tube maze from acme.. i think its not like that, i had the acme 8 , the maze was a tube from the bass BA , this looks like some material around the BA´s

That's what I thought initially as well, from the product description: "DTC tube tuning device of S8Z is new product, it creating by our mature 3D printing technology and accumulated ACME platform technology. It is in order to perfectly solve the problem of driver placement, and precisely defined each frequency band tube route and internal tuning acoustic channel. Actually this structure is very small, but it contains our many years of tube tuning experience and the precipitation of 3D printing technology in a millimeter."

However, a deeper attempt to interpret this translation leads me to believe you are correct. The only thing related to ACME with this structure is that they have developed the 3D printing precision to be able to develop this "DTC tube tuning", which seems to have a completely different function to the ACME low pass filter structure.

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #4,459 of 5,201
I received my (.stl) files from Fearless. One file is 1mb and the other ear is 6mb. Is that normal?

Or should I discard these and use a mould for my next earphones.

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #4,461 of 5,201
Haha, no I was hoping it was a matter of what resolution they saved it.

I hope the 1mb file isn't too rough/lossy to be reused.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #4,462 of 5,201
I have the S8Z and I enjoy it much better than the S8F due to it being less warm sounding. A vivid sound overall with more defined bass but less quantity, clearer vocals and extended & crisp treble. Honestly, this is the best IEM from Fearless so far.

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #4,463 of 5,201
I have the S8Z and I enjoy it much better than the S8F due to it being less warm sounding. A vivid sound overall with more defined bass but less quantity, clearer vocals and extended & crisp treble. Honestly, this is the best IEM from Fearless so far.
Can you compare it to the dunu dk3001 pro?

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #4,464 of 5,201
I never consider S8F being warm. Are you saying that S8Z is towards analytical? How about the soundstage?
Thanks.

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #4,466 of 5,201
I just had the opportunity demoing the Freedom and Pro for a few days. Comparing them side-by-side I feel the Pro's have slightly more sparkles on the high end and they do sound slightly 'cleaner' than the Freedom's. Although one of my colleagues who also auditioned the same set of IEMs had the opposite opinion. (I took the IEMs to work one day and invited several of my colleagues to demo them and to give their opinions.)

To be honest, if doing a blind test I won't be able to tell the difference between the Freedom's and the Pro's.

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #4,468 of 5,201
I had F and P, P was just slightly flatter overall, thus giving impression of more detail, but honestly they were very similar and v-shaped. Based upon the few impressions so far, I suspect the Z is more analytical than either F or P.

I'll hopefully be getting my Z sometime soon so I will leave impressions then.

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #4,469 of 5,201
Almost everything that you wrote distinguishes s8pro from s8f as well. + s8pro has a better scene. It would be interesting to compare s8z and s8pro of the latest release. Compared to the first release, the location of the drivers and, possibly, the sound have been changed.

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #4,470 of 5,201
Can you compare it to the dunu dk3001 pro?
I will let you know soon.

I never consider S8F being warm. Are you saying that S8Z is towards analytical? How about the soundstage?
Thanks.
I don't consider S8F as warm too but in comparison to S8F, I will say it is less warm sounding. There is more mid-bass presence on the S8F while the S8Z has clearer & cleaner midrange and more extended treble. The soundstage is bigger on the S8Z. Cheers!

I just had the opportunity demoing the Freedom and Pro for a few days. Comparing them side-by-side I feel the Pro's have slightly more sparkles on the high end and they do sound slightly 'cleaner' than the Freedom's. Although one of my colleagues who also auditioned the same set of IEMs had the opposite opinion. (I took the IEMs to work one day and invited several of my colleagues to demo them and to give their opinions.)

To be honest, if doing a blind test I won't be able to tell the difference between the Freedom's and the Pro's.
Yes you are right on that Pro has a cleaner presentation with more precise articulation.

I think what audio123 is saying is, that whatever degree of warmth the S8Pro has the S8Z has less. That's how I understood it?
Yes, that is what I meant.

I had F and P, P was just slightly flatter overall, thus giving impression of more detail, but honestly they were very similar and v-shaped. Based upon the few impressions so far, I suspect the Z is more analytical than either F or P.

I'll hopefully be getting my Z sometime soon so I will leave impressions then.
Yeap but still engaging & cleaner.

photo_2020-01-21_23-59-55.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back