FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #4,486 of 5,204
It does make a difference but don't expect it to change the signature completely. I don't think Roland will ever have as much sparkle and air as the EJ07 for example.

Note also that I got an 8 core silver cable from Aliexpress, so I'm not using a very expensive upgrade cable. Might be worth a try, you never know.

Have you compared Ej07 with Roland directly?

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #4,487 of 5,204
Thank you for the detailed answer! I'm gonna need some time to digest all of this as I am really not as advanced in terms of getting all parts of the chain up to par. I am using my earphones from my phone with a tiny amplifier called Uamp which I got from kickstarter a couple of years ago (it's awesome).

I am realising more and more how the earphone on its own means very little without considering the other parts like player and cable. Learning process :)

I won't be getting any other expensive iem for at least three months. I need to sell something first before even thinking of shelling another dollar on those sweet evil gadgets :D

I still got my Zuperaudio1 to use with the phone and works still good. But yes a good dac/amp makes the difference on mid/high iems

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #4,488 of 5,204
Have you compared Ej07 with Roland directly?
Yes these are my current favourites. For me the ST7 (the EJ07 rebrand) has more air and treble. Voices are a bit more distant on ST7 but everything is there, the overall level of detail is amazing and effortless. Bass is there with authority but not overpowering, not basshead levels. I'd say it's the easier set of the two to listen to with all kinds of music.

Roland is darker but bass and mids are superb. Voices are a bit more "in your face", which I personally like. Stage is smaller. Roland is overall more "aggressive" and dark while EJ07 is more airy and relaxed with more treble.

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #4,489 of 5,204
Yes these are my current favourites. For me the ST7 (the EJ07 rebrand) has more air and treble. Voices are a bit more distant on ST7 but everything is there, the overall level of detail is amazing and effortless. Bass is there with authority but not overpowering, not basshead levels. I'd say it's the easier set of the two to listen to with all kinds of music.

Roland is darker but bass and mids are superb. Voices are a bit more "in your face", which I personally like. Stage is smaller. Roland is overall more "aggressive" and dark while EJ07 is more airy and relaxed with more treble.

Thanks for the comparison, very interesting

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,490 of 5,204

This matches my experience between the two of them.

I would just like to add the imaging/holographic/psycoacoustics (choose one) is better on the EJ07. As if they did some unnatural phasing modification on the EJ07 to further add the effect.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #4,491 of 5,204
Some Fearless S8Z impressions after 1 week. Note: I previously owned both the S8F and S8P for some time, but do not currently own them so comparisons are from my memory. Sources used include Shanling M6 (+Hum MA-1B) and Hiby R3 Pro.

Trying my best not to go overboard with these impressions, but its suffice to say I am impressed with the S8Z. Compared to the S8F/P there is greater treble quantity, but with a much cleaner presentation and less-fatiguing delivery. Still quite intense upper-mids and treble, but of better quality than before.

General bass quantity is reduced from the S8F/P, but is still far from neutral IEM bass and retains the v-shape energy of the original. The bass is the extremely tight/clean with good impact that knocks. However, the bass note decay is rapid, with almost planar-like speed. Whatever Fearless did with the 3-D printing structure did the trick.

Overall, the balance and cohesiveness of the S8Z is why it is my favorite of all the S8 series. Layering, separation and stage I would say are also improved, but only slightly and likely due to the better tonal balance and improved technicalities. I would not say these are on a completely different level from the original S8P/F, but they are definitely a step up. For anyone looking for a surgically detailed, exciting and musical IEM that squeezes out all of the potential from the 8 BAs, definitely check these out.

Edit:
IMG_20200125_124707.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #4,492 of 5,204
Thank you for your feedback !

Feb 2, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #4,493 of 5,204
Guys, I need some help.

I got in my S8F's and while the earphones are wonderful, I'm finding the stock cable REALLY heavy and fatiguing. Does anyone have any links to a good, LIGHT and preferably LONGER cable that won't cost me $800 and having to listen to bad marketing, lol?

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #4,494 of 5,204
Feb 2, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #4,495 of 5,204
Feb 2, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #4,496 of 5,204
Feb 2, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #4,497 of 5,204
Do you own these yourself?

Honestly no, I have their higher end cable that I use with S8F and the synergy is amazing but it's a bit pricey.
This seller offers very good quality, well made cables that measures well and sound great. This is their cheaper option and from what I know it's very good bang per buck. And I'm going to buy it for one cheaper set I'm eying.
I have some other good cables from other manufacturers but they either more expensive or heavy or with bad ear-hooks, or whatever. Price to quality sweet spot is in this price range.

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #4,498 of 5,204
Honestly no, I have their higher end cable that I use with S8F and the synergy is amazing but it's a bit pricey.
This seller offers very good quality, well made cables that measures well and sound great. This is their cheaper option and from what I know it's very good bang per buck. And I'm going to buy it for one cheaper set I'm eying.
I have some other good cables from other manufacturers but they either more expensive or heavy or with bad ear-hooks, or whatever. Price to quality sweet spot is in this price range.

The reason I ask is because the cable I received with mine was this one...

Apparently it's the cable from the Y2K, and it's a very good, high quality cable. But, I wanted to know if you knew first hand that the cable you recommended is lighter, as it also has alloy splits and chin guards.

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #4,499 of 5,204
The reason I ask is because the cable I received with mine was this one...

Apparently it's the cable from the Y2K, and it's a very good, high quality cable. But, I wanted to know if you knew first hand that the cable you recommended is lighter, as it also has alloy splits and chin guards.

I don't know the price of that cable neither measurements... I suggest you check the thread @RidukouGoku have mentioned.
I'm using number 175 in that list and it's insanely good with S8F. I'm sure I'll find something that suits you.

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #4,500 of 5,204
Yes this cable is very light with good quality parts, chin slider and comphy ear-hooks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back