FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 2, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #3,361 of 5,204
Have the roland coming in tomorrow. hope it is really good. Is the effect audio 2pin fit the roland? Does it have to be .78mm 2pin? How do i know if it's .78 or .65 it doesn't say.

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #3,362 of 5,204
Sep 2, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #3,363 of 5,204
Anybody tried the thor silver 2 8 write braid with the roland? Is silver or copper better for the roland.

Sep 2, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #3,364 of 5,204
@Owludio I need a iem that handles all this songs which iem can handle this songs without that piercing or peaks in the highs what you mentioned in your experience... I am searching for that right now .. maybe a forgiving signature.. so is there a iem that can play this songs flawless that is in your collection?

can u use it on songs which u think that has some piercing highs or peaks in your opinion and can you try on a iem which is in your collection which can handle this songs... I think hidizs ms4 can handle this type of songs or am I wrong

esp. the alumni song which iem in your collection can play this flawless

thanks for your advice..
You are presenting an interesting challenge. Most common forgiving sound signatures are the ones with a dip in offending areas of the FR. But dip in the mids for Mid-heads and Purists is anathema:no_good:. So we are not talking about all-rounder like Roland here.
Few things I'm going to try. 1st is iems with deliberate sibilance area dips (Could be Hidiz MS4, IMR R1 Zenith). 2nd path is to go with IEMs with no to minimum Harman enhancements (Etymotic er2/er4s). 3d - Linear treble to avoid addition of peaks of the IEM FR with enhancements in the mastering like boosted "Presence effect" (2-8K) Example of linear treble would be (at least by the sound of it) Sony N3ap. N3ap has magnesium super twitter, known by it's smooth un-distorted response.
With Late Night Alumni "Empty Streets" :
IMR R1 Zenith (Orange filter Rolled off treble): Least sibilant (no sibilance on Becky Jean voice but rithm instrument sounds like Shaker to me (Is it shaker or compressed/distorted brass percussion?) Most resolution on the high end (ceramic twitter). So if rythm instrument is in fact some sort of shaker, it sounds pretty reasonable but stage is unnaturally airy and open, almost ambient. That ceramic twitter is a freakin beast even with the least bright filter.
Hidiz MS4: I personally like it the best. Yes, it might be slightly more sibilant, whatever:shrug:. Sounds more alive, more engaging. I'm biased. At risk of inviting scorn from this thread viewers, I compared it to S8p, not the sound signature wise but the way both of them have that delicious sound magic in their tuning. I have nether patience nor ability to tell how they do it, I just comment on the effect. Additional bonus of MS4 over S8p is that juicy bass with satisfying rumble. (Roland has some of that too but for Roland, realism is the name of the game).
Sony N3ap - surprisingly good, more forgiving treble but soundstage and delicious bass prize going to MS4:medal:
Shure se846 - nothing special, overall good rendering and realism but not as good as MS4
Sony XBA Z5:muscle: still the power lifter of performance. ( :warning: Bias warning!) ... and yet again with a caveat of more fatiguing sound MS4 again sounds more musical:musical_note:while Z5 is more forgiving and resolving. Beware of Z5 weird fit!:warning:
Overall balance of performance for this type of recording IMO going as follows: Z5, MS4, Roland.

:crown:MS4 is my recommendation. It's surprisingly forgiving while retaining lively and engaging sound. :trophy: Copper cable is recommended as MS4 is not dark sounding at all.
May I ask you What are your current favorites. What is your daily driver IEM? Which one sounded acceptable with House band?

Edit: Listened to Late Night Alumni more on Roland
Still prefer Roland after all. The most balanced.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #3,365 of 5,204
Anybody tried the thor silver 2 8 write braid with the roland? Is silver or copper better for the roland.
I preferred copper for Roland. Too much conductivity there is too much of a good thing :)

Sep 3, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #3,366 of 5,204
Roland came in.
Still comes in a S10 box and accessories.
Look is absolutely gorgeous. The sparkle glitter is actually part of the resin, not just paint.
Stock Fearless Cable is ABSOLUTELY crap. plugging it in and out of my zx300 gave me crackles (like when you straight pull out instrument cables). I never had this kind of issue with other sets. I changed the cable to a stock cable from a cheap set, and it makes a WORLD of a difference.
Initially with the stock cable, it was so so soft and dim and hazy. I was like What...
The i changed cables to another 3.5mm (cheap one) and everything cleared up.
Then a $30 Tripowin 4.4mm and it opens up more.

If you pay this much money, one would expect a decent cable and correct packaging...
There were already many complaints about the cable so why they didnt change it is a mystery. The packaging is eh...its fine. But feels like you paid full price for a prototype they couldn’t even bother getting packaging for.

Roland has MAJOR driver flex when inserting. Driver flex is a super pet peeve of mine
Fit and isolation is better than the S series. But that driver flex....

Sound sig is as everyone described it.
Quite smooth. Treble sounds great. Not fatiguing or weird. Very natural treble presentation. But the clarity is amazing. Mids and vox are great. Bass is quite neutral. Imaging, layering, soundstage are amazing. EQ’ing the bass also can move A LOT of air. HBB’s right. Neutral bass that is capable of serious business.

Definitely this one is way out there.

Sep 3, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #3,367 of 5,204
Roland came in.
Still comes in a S10 box and accessories.
Look is absolutely gorgeous. The sparkle glitter is actually part of the resin, not just paint.
Stock Fearless Cable is ABSOLUTELY ****. plugging it in and out of my zx300 gave me crackles (like when you straight pull out instrument cables). I never had this kind of issue with other sets. I changed the cable to a stock cable from a cheap set, and it makes a WORLD of a difference.
Initially with the stock cable, it was so so soft and dim and hazy. I was like What...
The i changed cables to another 3.5mm (cheap one) and everything cleared up.
Then a $30 Tripowin 4.4mm and it opens up more.

If you pay this much money, one would expect a decent cable and correct packaging...
There were already many complaints about the cable so why they didnt change it is a mystery. The packaging is eh...its fine. But feels like you paid full price for a prototype they couldn’t even bother getting packaging for.

Roland has MAJOR driver flex when inserting. Driver flex is a super pet peeve of mine
Fit and isolation is better than the S series. But that driver flex....

Sound sig is as everyone described it.
Quite smooth. Treble sounds great. Not fatiguing or weird. Very natural treble presentation. But the clarity is amazing. Mids and vox are great. Bass is quite neutral. Imaging, layering, soundstage are amazing. EQ’ing the bass also can move A LOT of air. HBB’s right. Neutral bass that is capable of serious business.

Definitely this one is way out there.
I totally agree on the packaging and cable. They're drek. It's such a shame for this incredible set of IEMs to come with such a basic issue.

I'm interested to hear more about driver flex. I'm not the best test case for it, since I have such a hard time getting a seal.

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #3,368 of 5,204
La Hire is coming tomorrow. :)

Im selling my S8 Pro, do pm me if anyone here interested!

edit: i just realize that HD800 basically is following diffuse field target, it seems like im gonna like this iem finally, la hire.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #3,369 of 5,204
I totally agree on the packaging and cable. They're drek. It's such a shame for this incredible set of IEMs to come with such a basic issue.

I'm interested to hear more about driver flex. I'm not the best test case for it, since I have such a hard time getting a seal.

Haha in Croatian
Drek = poop

That's really a shame, $1000 premium flagship iem and they STILL ship it with $2 cable and old packaging
Well at least they didn't cut corners on iem themselves. But still they are 1K iems, while 99% of the people listen to oems or very budget solution, or not even interested in audio.

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #3,370 of 5,204
Cable is not that bad. All they had to do is to use $0.50 more on the connector and get it gold plated. Frequency response of the cable is matter of personal preference. I will try that cable again in a week after replacing 3.5 Jack. By then burn in will have complete. (Yes, I notice changes:wink:)
Sadly, they don't seem to read this thread, or any feedback for that matter. Cannot imagine Asian customers don't complain.

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #3,371 of 5,204
To me Roland has little flex. Compare to it, Legend X one is cringe worthy.
In my experience this is the price for isolation. The only sealed IEMs that don't flex are the Sony's ones ime.

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #3,373 of 5,204
Gold Roland

vUNTyf
image link not working *

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #3,374 of 5,204
Sep 3, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #3,375 of 5,204
To me Roland has little flex. Compare to it, Legend X one is cringe worthy.
In my experience this is the price for isolation. The only sealed IEMs that don't flex are the Sony's ones ime.
Lol yes the LX has a notable amount of driver flex (Atlas too if we're naming and shaming). Noble Khan either didn't flex or had very minor flex that wasn't memorable (I didn't note it in my impressions).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back