FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 4, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #2,701 of 5,204
My initial impressions are also on this thread. I believe Crinacle's are up on inearfidelity as well. You can also search Head-Fi for the Fearless tour. I believe there are a few impressions of the lineup there as well, including S8 Pro.
i saw in crinacle but it's too short. Like just a summary. I want better lows, mids, highs, comparison with any other iem's like andromeda, isine20, and its brother freedom.

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #2,702 of 5,204
the comparisons are moot if you havent heard the headphones you want it compared to.

if i was given 1 paragraph to describe the 8pro, it would be: have you ever had a cold or swam in the ocean that you nose and ears sound plugged and then after getting rid of the cold and plugged ears and really start to breathe and listen again, thats what the s8pro is for me. nothing is veiled.

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #2,703 of 5,204
the comparisons are moot if you havent heard the headphones you want it compared to.

if i was given 1 paragraph to describe the 8pro, it would be: have you ever had a cold or swam in the ocean that you nose and ears sound plugged and then after getting rid of the cold and plugged ears and really start to breathe and listen again, thats what the s8pro is for me. nothing is veiled.
I mean, i had andromeda. I have isine20 which i currently in love with. If anyone can compare them. It would a perfect review for me. I didnt llike the warm mids of andros.

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #2,704 of 5,204

Perfect.

The S8 Pro is everything in its place, nothing out of place and every detail laid bare and exactly where you expect it to be. The bass isn't a clinical charicature of neutral, but a tangible reconstruction of what I hear onstage. The treble isn't a scalpel of precision, it's a cold drink of water. The mids aren't thick or thin, they're Goldilocks' porridge- just right. The soundstage isn't vast as a galaxy and the performers don't sit on your lap in a cramped room; no, every recording is presented exactly as intended, excitement in the excitable and comfort in the comfortable.

The S8 Pro is everything right, a near miracle of precision and authenticity at their asking price. I'm spending nearly double to better them (professional expense), but if I had to live with the S8 Pros as my only IEMs for the rest of my life, I'd die a happy man.

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #2,705 of 5,204
Perfect.

The S8 Pro is everything in its place, nothing out of place and every detail laid bare and exactly where you expect it to be. The bass isn't a clinical charicature of neutral, but a tangible reconstruction of what I hear onstage. The treble isn't a scalpel of precision, it's a cold drink of water. The mids aren't thick or thin, they're Goldilocks' porridge- just right. The soundstage isn't vast as a galaxy and the performers don't sit on your lap in a cramped room; no, every recording is presented exactly as intended, excitement in the excitable and comfort in the comfortable.

The S8 Pro is everything right, a near miracle of precision and authenticity at their asking price. I'm spending nearly double to better them (professional expense), but if I had to live with the S8 Pros as my only IEMs for the rest of my life, I'd die a happy man.
Thanks for a unique review haha.

The sound signature of S6Rui is DF which the vocals are "in your face" according to Crinacle. What about S8Pro? Does it have the same tuning?

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #2,706 of 5,204
I have the hiby r6pro and fearless s8f and it's a great pairing. Single ended and balanced sound as good and single ended is more than enough to drive the fearless w authority.
However, after buying the RHA CL2 I've stopped using the fearless or any other iem for that matter. I also own the UE pro18 gen 3 ciem and I no longer use them. The cl2 have also replaced my over ear closed back oppo pm3 and pioneer sme5
They are that good but require a balanced connection for the power as they are harder to drive than the fearless.

@Doctordoom16, quite interesting.... as my question is pertinent to CL2, will ping a PM as I prefer to be respectful to this thread. Thanks, Jose

Aug 5, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #2,708 of 5,204

The sound signature of S6Rui is DF which the vocals are "in your face" according to Crinacle. What about S8Pro? Does it have the same tuning?

DF?

Anyway, I have S6Rui and feel same as @warriorpoet - this is my end game. Feel that everything is just there. I can listen to them without getting tired for days.

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #2,709 of 5,204

DF?

Anyway, I have S6Rui and feel same as @warriorpoet - this is my end game. Feel that everything is just there. I can listen to them without getting tired for days.

The S6 Pros are DF neutral (vocal forward, think Etymotic), while the S4/ S5H/ S6 RUI/ S8P and S8F utilize Fearless' "house sound," that is, neutral with very slightly elevated bass to balance the upper mids/ treble. These models all deal with mids and treble slightly differently, however, so it's worth checking out reviews. The S8F is pretty well regarded for its detail retrieval and slightly more forward lower treble- Hawaiibadboy's favorite thing. :)

The S8P is going to have the same level of detail, but the upper mids are slightly elevated over the S8F so treble is more "in place." These are matters of degree here between the S8P and F, not drastic changes, and if you look at the FRs Crinacle posted, you'll find the charts within the S series family to be fairly consistent, with a couple notable exceptions (S5T, S6 Pro, S10, S12)

In the end the question is how much are you willing to spend, as performance does, apparently, scale with driver count on this lineup up to the 8 series.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #2,710 of 5,204
The S6 Pros are DF neutral (vocal forward, think Etymotic), while the S4/ S5H/ S6 RUI/ S8P and S8F utilize Fearless' "house sound," that is, neutral with very slightly elevated bass to balance the upper mids/ treble. These models all deal with mids and treble slightly differently, however, so it's worth checking out reviews. The S8F is pretty well regarded for its detail retrieval and slightly more forward lower treble- Hawaiibadboy's favorite thing. :)

The S8P is going to have the same level of detail, but the upper mids are slightly elevated over the S8F so treble is more "in place." These are matters of degree here between the S8P and F, not drastic changes, and if you look at the FRs Crinacle posted, you'll find the charts within the S series family to be fairly consistent, with a couple notable exceptions (S5T, S6 Pro, S10, S12)

In the end the question is how much are you willing to spend, as performance does, apparently, scale with driver count on this lineup up to the 8 series.
Cool, ill be considering on getting s8pro to fill my collection i guess

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #2,711 of 5,204
Does S8Freedom has more micro details emphasis than the Pro version? Help me out. Im finding a surgical IEMs to complement my beloved isine20 that use with cipher and a touch of eq which having an open sounding with layering stage. Microdetails are present but it is not clinical since it has a vast soundstage. I dont want to buy another IEM that is actually does not have any microdetails again.

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #2,712 of 5,204
Does S8Freedom has more micro details emphasis than the Pro version? Help me out. Im finding a surgical IEMs to complement my beloved isine20 that use with cipher and a touch of eq which having an open sounding with layering stage. Microdetails are present but it is not clinical since it has a vast soundstage. I dont want to buy another IEM that is actually does not have any microdetails again.
Details are there in the S8Pro, but they're not pushed forward. They exist inside the space with the rest of the music. From what I've read and heard, S8F pushes the details forward.

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #2,713 of 5,204
Details are there in the S8Pro, but they're not pushed forward. They exist inside the space with the rest of the music. From what I've read and heard, S8F pushes the details forward.
That's what i get from BGGAR just now watching the comparison between s8f,s8p,acme8.
This is getting harder..

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #2,714 of 5,204
Yes, the s8f is a detail monster. Therefore - especially - male vocals are a bit recessed. Not so with female vocals. Go grab the s8p.

Just to share my 2cents how good the lineup is. I have got the SpiralEars SE6 and the Fearless lineup really dont need to hide..

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #2,715 of 5,204

Having actually owned and heard both, the difference is very minute. They are almost identical and it's hard to tell unless you are AB-ing them constantly. You may get like 5% more micro-detail with the S8F. S8F overall is more "v-shape" than S8Pro, but just barely. I found S8F would get fatiguing over time in the mid-high area, whereas the S8Pro doesn't. S8Pro bass is also a little bit more linear and S8F has slightly more mid-bass hump. Biggest difference imo is that S8Pro is more source dependent due to the different specs/crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back