FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 6, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #2,716 of 5,204
Yes, the s8f is a detail monster. Therefore - especially - male vocals are a bit recessed. Not so with female vocals. Go grab the s8p.

Just to share my 2cents how good the lineup is. I have got the SpiralEars SE6 and the Fearless lineup really dont need to hide..
wait, does s8f is too much "in your face" sounding? if yes, it could be a problem to me too.

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #2,717 of 5,204
Having actually owned and heard both, the difference is very minute. They are almost identical and it's hard to tell unless you are AB-ing them constantly. You may get like 5% more micro-detail with the S8F. S8F overall is more "v-shape" than S8Pro, but just barely. I found S8F would get fatiguing over time in the mid-high area, whereas the S8Pro doesn't. S8Pro bass is also a little bit more linear and S8F has slightly more mid-bass hump. Biggest difference imo is that S8Pro is more source dependent due to the different specs/crossover.
By quoting "they are almost identical" but getting 5% micro detail and fatiguing over time, those do not seem almost identical. Gosh this is harder now.

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #2,718 of 5,204
By quoting "they are almost identical" but getting 5% micro detail and fatiguing over time, those do not seem almost identical. Gosh this is harder now.

Haha, well its the truth. 5% was a random number meant to show how small the difference is.
Basically you can't go wrong with either. I prefer the S8P and its an IEM I will never get rid of (I mean it this time). Very nearly perfect, for me at least.

Another note to any recent/future buyers, get rid of the stock cable asap. Anything else is better. I got 2 defective ones in a row, so the quality on them is poor.

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #2,719 of 5,204
Haha, well its the truth. 5% was a random number meant to show how small the difference is.
Basically you can't go wrong with either. I prefer the S8P and its an IEM I will never get rid of (I mean it this time). Very nearly perfect, for me at least.

Another note to any recent/future buyers, get rid of the stock cable asap. Anything else is better. I got 2 defective ones in a row, so the quality on them is poor.
wait, what kind of defective you mean? anything about the drivers?

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #2,721 of 5,204
I was talking about the cable, the 3.5mm plugs were not good.
oh ok, i thought the driver. Also, does s8 will be affected by output impedance too?

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #2,723 of 5,204
I personally don't think its "too much in your face", but I can see this happening to people, yes. This is not the IEM you go to bed with, unless you wanna stay awake :) Thats why I would recommend you the S8P.

For me the biggest difference was the placement of male vocals. But I guess everyone hears different.

@expatriot: The S8F/P are insanely good for their price range, I would not recommend anything else over em at the moment
@stock cable: I did not have any problem. Mine are build rather well. No problems with microphonics, no durability issues..

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #2,724 of 5,204
I own the S5H and am extremely happy with them, one of my best iems, I am aware that the 8F/P probably shows up with more detail retrieval, however, none of the Fearless line has earned a reputation of being clinical iems as the Etymotic ER4SR or the Grado GR10E as examples.

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #2,726 of 5,204
My take on the Fearless S8 Freedom. Enjoy & Happy listening, as always. :)

photo_2019-08-03_23-26-25-7.jpg

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #2,727 of 5,204
Perhaps this question has been asked already but I couldn't find any reference in this thread.

How does Fearless S8 series compare to qdc lineups? For example, the qdc Anole V3 is in the same price range as the S8's. The qdc 8-driver models are easily 3 times the price of Fearless S8's. I have briefly auditioned the qdc 8SS (standard studio) and 8SH (standard hifi) and was very impressed with them. However, their price tags ($1,600) are out of my reach. I wonder if the Fearless S8's would be able to compete with the qdc 8-driver models with a much more affordable price tag. I currently own the Anole V3.

Thanks.

PS: Most of the discussions in the qdc threads are centered around their flagship Anole VX which is a 10-driver IEM with a $2,400 price tag.

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #2,728 of 5,204
What do you mean by the plug is not good? I've got 3 Fearless IEMs and all 3 cables are just fine.
I had some low-level distortion happening with my S8Ps with the stock cable, like the signal was being compressed or limited in areas. Replacing it opened up both the top and bottom in terms of clarity and apparent resolution. I'm not sure if this was just the result of the S8 Pro's lower input impedance or not, but it did make a difference. Happily, even a basic upgrade cable sounded markedly superior, so the additional expense was not much, and totally worth the outlay.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #2,729 of 5,204
I own the S5H and am extremely happy with them, one of my best iems, I am aware that the 8F/P probably shows up with more detail retrieval, however, none of the Fearless line has earned a reputation of being clinical iems as the Etymotic ER4SR or the Grado GR10E as examples.
Totally different FRs, completely disparate construction and targets compared to the Fearless lineup. Ety 4s are DF-neutral incredibly deep insertion single driver earphones with little to no soundstage. They aren't listening devices so much as studio tools, to my mind.

You are correct, though. The S8 series is not for people looking for a purely clinical reproduction of music. They're for detail retrieval in context. They are very musical earphones that contain all of the information tuned for listening. I'd never mix with the S8 Pro, but I'd certainly perform with them, and absolutely listen through them for pleasure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back