FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jul 10, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #2,596 of 5,204
F331C732-47F0-4CA5-8705-9D8119C472F6.png

Jul 10, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #2,599 of 5,204
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #2,602 of 5,204
I took the plunge and got the fearless upgrade cables balanced 4.4. The S8F was good but i wasn't getting a clean response from the lows (sounded alil murky on certain parts of certain intro to songs) and some parts of the highs sounded gritty on my R6 pro.

The upgrade cables did the job, cleaned up the sound and the low end sounds much clearer now and the highs seems to extend abit more now.

It was only disappointing that i ordered a white cable but got a black one instead even though i listed it in my order (although i was given some refund for that). I really like the stock white cable look with my S8F going together. Another disappointment was that there wasn't any labelling/colour coding done on the cables to differentiate between left and right. Cable was said to be a 7N 8 core cable but it seemed to be thinner than the stock cable

Hi. I’m thinking of getting the same cable with 2.5mm termination for my S8F. Would be great if you can offer a bit of help for me with your feedback.

1. Does it add any colour?

2. How is the sub bass when compared to the stock cable

3. How’s the lower mids when compared to the stock cable

4. Does the treble becomes bright

Would appreciate if you can take the time to give me your feedback. Thank you.

Jul 12, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #2,603 of 5,204
Hi. I’m thinking of getting the same cable with 2.5mm termination for my S8F. Would be great if you can offer a bit of help for me with your feedback.

1. Does it add any colour?

2. How is the sub bass when compared to the stock cable

3. How’s the lower mids when compared to the stock cable

4. Does the treble becomes bright

Would appreciate if you can take the time to give me your feedback. Thank you.
I can't answer for the Fearless branded upgrade cable or the S8 Freedom, but I can say that, in my experience, every upgrade cable I tried with my S8 Pro has uncompressed the highs and allowed more signal through, increasing volume, impact and resolution. The stock Fearless cable, while measuring remarkably well, is not great and seriously limits the performance of the IEM.

From the stock Fearless cable to a Gu.Craftsman 6N silver:

1. no color in terms of altered EQ response in the midrange.
2. sub bass extended, and distortion (haziness or fuzziness) cleaned up.
3. mids are the same, but there's more overall signal (see 2, 4), so they are placed differently.
4. Treble is extended, and is much cleaner (less "warble," haziness or fuzziness). On S8 Pro, there's no over-brightness or sibilance.

FWIW, the effects were identical with 2 other cables tested, varying only in degree of effect. (Tanchjim Oxygen, Gu.Craftsman 6N OCC copper), and the improvements confirmed by two other people in my household. While I have not tested the Fearless upgrade cable, I'm fairly confident the results will be similar, although I'm hesitant to upgrade to a Fearless brand cable given the inferior sonic results of the stock cable when compared to relatively inexpensive aftermarket cables.

Jul 13, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #2,604 of 5,204
I can't answer for the Fearless branded upgrade cable or the S8 Freedom, but I can say that, in my experience, every upgrade cable I tried with my S8 Pro has uncompressed the highs and allowed more signal through, increasing volume, impact and resolution. The stock Fearless cable, while measuring remarkably well, is not great and seriously limits the performance of the IEM.

From the stock Fearless cable to a Gu.Craftsman 6N silver:

1. no color in terms of altered EQ response in the midrange.
2. sub bass extended, and distortion (haziness or fuzziness) cleaned up.
3. mids are the same, but there's more overall signal (see 2, 4), so they are placed differently.
4. Treble is extended, and is much cleaner (less "warble," haziness or fuzziness). On S8 Pro, there's no over-brightness or sibilance.

FWIW, the effects were identical with 2 other cables tested, varying only in degree of effect. (Tanchjim Oxygen, Gu.Craftsman 6N OCC copper), and the improvements confirmed by two other people in my household. While I have not tested the Fearless upgrade cable, I'm fairly confident the results will be similar, although I'm hesitant to upgrade to a Fearless brand cable given the inferior sonic results of the stock cable when compared to relatively inexpensive aftermarket cables.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. Appreciate it.

Jul 14, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #2,605 of 5,204
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #2,606 of 5,204
Jul 14, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #2,607 of 5,204
intrigue at the new fearless offerings. i want to try the roland and lancelot and i hope they make a hybrid dd-ba setup.

also ive seen some more reviews of the s8pro and for those people on the fence about the s8f, the 8pro might be desirable

Jul 14, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #2,608 of 5,204
g

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #2,609 of 5,204
intrigue at the new fearless offerings. i want to try the roland and lancelot and i hope they make a hybrid dd-ba setup.

also ive seen some more reviews of the s8pro and for those people on the fence about the s8f, the 8pro might be desirable
...just budget for a replacement cable to get top performance. It went from really good to outstanding with a cheap-ish upgrade cable. Top and bottom both increased in resolution noticeably.

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #2,610 of 5,204
New estat hybrid (?) IEMs from Fearless - Paladin

image0.png

Updates:

La Hire: 2estat 2BA

Roland: 1DD 2estat 2BA

Lancelot: 2estat 6BA
Any details on the Paladin or projected release? Roland and Lancelot are crazy intriguing, but I'll withhold too much excitement until Fearless successfully release a hybrid- they're tricky beasts to do right on the first go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back