FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 12, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #1,396 of 5,204
iirc the stock cable is 8silver or something like that.. honestly the stock cables are impressive for what they are
I just didn't know HOW impressive. The plugs they're using have to be top quality, too, and the connections perfect to get that kind of reading. I'm VERY impressed!

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #1,397 of 5,204
Since I just did it for the Oxygens, here are the measurements for the stock Fearless S8P cable

Resistance
L 24mR
R 24mR

Capacitance
150pF

Yes, I checked measurements. Yes, that's some INSANELY low resistance. If the straight 2 pin plugs were my preference, I'd never even think about "upgrading."
Wow ... okay ... I will try out the stock cable tomorrow ... I switched directly to the balance ones ... never give the stock a listen :D

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #1,398 of 5,204
Wow ... okay ... I will try out the stock cable tomorrow ... I switched directly to the balance ones ... never give the stock a listen :D
Yeah, I don't understand why high end IEMs are coming with single ended cables. And ones they put effort into?

Apr 13, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #1,401 of 5,204
Yeah, I don't understand why high end IEMs are coming with single ended cables. And ones they put effort into?
Yeah, I've wondered about that too. Personally, I think if a company is selling an iem for, let's say $250+, they should either include a balanced cable in the box (like Fiio was doing for a while), or allow the buyer to choose between single ended or balanced. While I realize that most devices come primarily with only a single ended output, it would still be a nice touch on the part of the iem manufacturer to include a balanced cable. I'm sure they could come up with something half decent in quality if they bought some in bulk from a cable supplier. Yes, it's easy nowadays to get a decent balanced cable from Aliexpress or somewhere for around $50-80 but then you still have to wait in order to use your new iem in your preferred mode until the cable arrives. Just sayin...

Apr 13, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #1,402 of 5,204
Final E tips... White!

Symbio W on the way for comparison. So far, Final E tips remain the best for me. JVC spiral dots second.

Nice dress for the S8F
IMG_20190413_141605.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #1,404 of 5,204
Just did an A/B/C with the Complys, Spirals and Symbios on my S8Ps

Symbio W
Better isolation
more extended bass (result of isolation, no doubt)
more extended highs

slight overlap on the end of the tip, but do not cover any sound tubes

Spiral Dot
Easier fit
Better comfort
do not overlap tip

trims highs, more congested in the middle
Worse isolation

Comply 500 Isolation
Best isolation (literally can't hear anything with them in)
Best bass (result of the isolation, no doubt)

least comfortable (but still not uncomfortable)
deeper insertion (almost eardrum-tickling on the S8Ps)
most complicated insertion

I could get away with the Symbios live, but there's no way I could do the Spiral Dots.
Spiral Dots are "invisible" when inserted, and they seat very easily in my ears.

Complys are incredibly isolating, and give the "truest" bass and midrange, but are certainly noticeable. My jaw dislocates open and closed, and the Complys are the only ones that do not momentarily break seal.

Of the three, the Symbio Ws are the best all-rounders, and give the best initial impression, but the Complys are unbeatable for isolation and total overall tonality.

Everyone's ears are different, i use large size spiral dot and i get perfect seal even when my jaw is open or closed there is no change in the seal and sound.

Apr 13, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #1,405 of 5,204
Nice looking setup. Very cool
Thanks. I am set with IEMs and most importantly with nice music. Last thing missing: a TOTL source. I have Sony zx300 and Cowon Plenue M2. USD 2000 is the max investment I could do. Looking at Plenue L and WM1Z (used). I think I will be a part of your next YT livestream with the W1MZ :)

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #1,407 of 5,204
So I should remove the metal screens/nozzle covers on my CA Andromeda and Dorado IEM's? Do those come off easily? Anyone know? I only use Comply tips with the WaxGuard & Sweatguard (Isolation+ & Sport+), so nothing will get into my IEM nozzles if I remove the screens!

I do like the look of those Symbio (I think?) silicone tips someone posted in this thread with the Fearless S8F/P in the Pelican 1010 Micro Case from this thread (thanks again)!! I might get a set of those even though they probably won't work for me because of my weird ear sizes and different thicknesses of my ear canals. I have only used Comply tips for a proper seal and comfort the last few years and I love those, but I would like to try something new for a change!!!

The Symbio's are the ones with silicone and foam? Whichever the ones in this thread are that are silicone and have the spiral marks in the silicone itself? In the Pelican 1010 Micro Case?

Thanks in advance for any help and links you can give me for them! I haven't bought anything for my IEM's in a couple of months now, so I can order a set or two of some new silicone tips just to give them another chance, since it's been over 2 years since I've tried them last!

U can remove the screen easily with a needle . If it makes a difference I can’t say for the Andros

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #1,408 of 5,204
For me , final type is the king of tips till now ..
have symbio w and spiral dots on the way to compare .
Tips really do affect the sound signature. Nice to see more and more people experimenting with tips. Cables visually are pimpin up the audio setup, sometimes slightly improving it according to my experience, tips rolling is a minor investment bringing other flavours to the sound. Please report your impression with Spiral dots and Symbio W.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,409 of 5,204
Tips really do affect the sound signature. Nice to see more and more people experimenting with tips. Cables visually are pimpin up the audio setup, sometimes slightly improving it according to my experience, tips rolling is a minor investment bringing other flavours to the sound. Please report your impression with Spiral dots and Symbio W.
i will !
takes some time to arrive, comes from a japan audio store... germany sucks with support of audio stuff.......

Apr 13, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #1,410 of 5,204
i will !
takes some time to arrive, comes from a japan audio store... germany sucks with support of audio stuff.......
For me, Spiral dots is a clear second compared to Final E tips. My Symbio W should arrive next week. Switzerland also is pretty low sometimes, but I cannot complain in general so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back