FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 11, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #1,366 of 5,204
For a blind purchase I would not go for custom. 1st: you don't know if you'll like them & 2nd: fit may not be ok at 1st try.
So I would go uni and if you really like them then you can always sell your uni to buy a custom.

Imagine you go custom and you don't really like them, you lost 450€ (no reshell possible I guess)
just my opinion. And on top of that , uni is quite comfortable, kind of semi custom shape (but a bit big)

Thank you for your advice

Apr 11, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #1,367 of 5,204
Since I am still waiting for my S10 to be made let alone shipped it will take a while until I hear them. Can Mr. BadBoy :) or maybe someone else provide more details about how they sound? I am very curious. There is only a short videoreview on youtube and I don't quite understand a lot from it.

Apr 11, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #1,368 of 5,204
There's an S6rui posted on ebay.

I'm sure it's one of you guys...

Apr 11, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #1,369 of 5,204
ALERT ! New Fearless Video !!

Pretty accurate about the distinction between the 3 sets. I have the s8pro and what it does best is bare to you all of what the recordings have to offer with no emphasis or no lean to a particular range. Everything is there in a "normal" even "sterile" way. I like it cause its honest.

more music reqs straight from youtube:

the ability of the s8pros to not muddy the lanes is impressive. this is what this set is for.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #1,370 of 5,204
Any other thoughts on comparison between Solaris and S6 or S8 Freedom besides what HBB somewhat implied? Has anyone else compared them?
I have Solaris and just trying to keep from chasing the latest shiny object... again!
Can't compare, but these are highly competent IEMs. If you're happy with the Solaris, you can rightfully skip these unless you're looking to sell the Solaris and save some money. I really doubt these are some sort of upgrade over the Solaris, just tuned difference. They really show off how good BA drivers can recreate bass.

Apr 11, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,371 of 5,204
I am still considering whether to go uni or custom.
On the first side I am afraid of a bad seal that would lead to expensive shipping fees.
And on the other side I am afraid that I'd miss something wonderful by not going custom...

And I still haven't found the right audiologist, so I keep digging.

Sure he won't mind, but contact @davidmolliere and ask who he's used as he is based in France. Might be able to help with recommendations or who to avoid at any rate.

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,372 of 5,204
Any other thoughts on comparison between Solaris and S6 or S8 Freedom besides what HBB somewhat implied? Has anyone else compared them?
I have Solaris and just trying to keep from chasing the latest shiny object... again!

Also looking for an endgame (for at least a few years) iem.

Trying to make sure I don't buy into any hype. I sold my Solaris and have the QDC Anole VX on the way (my idea of least hyped, and yet most consistently positive reviewed iem. I can remember only one bland review on reddit of someones impressions on them. he preferred QDC's 8 driver series)

Can anyone compare the VX with anything from fearless?

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #1,373 of 5,204
Pretty accurate about the distinction between the 3 sets. I have the s8pro and what it does best is bare to you all of what the recordings have to offer with no emphasis or no lean to a particular range. Everything is there in a "normal" even "sterile" way. I like it cause its honest.

more music reqs straight from youtube:

the ability of the s8pros to not muddy the lanes is impressive. this is what this set is for.
I can't tell you how valuable this is in front of some of the mixes I deal with live. They're so good on vocals and un-produced business it's eerie.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #1,374 of 5,204
Sure he won't mind, but contact @davidmolliere and ask who he's used as he is based in France. Might be able to help with recommendations or who to avoid at any rate.

@Loot Where are you based?

A good starting point to get adresses to get your prints done in France is http://www.tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=977 but since you’re a member on TN you must already know this :wink:

Edit => Strike that you already posted so.... no need to cross post :thinking:

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #1,376 of 5,204
Also looking for an endgame (for at least a few years) iem.

Trying to make sure I don't buy into any hype. I sold my Solaris and have the QDC Anole VX on the way (my idea of least hyped, and yet most consistently positive reviewed iem. I can remember only one bland review on reddit of someones impressions on them. he preferred QDC's 8 driver series)

Can anyone compare the VX with anything from fearless?
why did u sold your solaris?

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #1,377 of 5,204
I think that production on these is pretty slow, and reasonably so... it also gives me more confidence that the requisite time is being taken to maintain quality. reasons for thinking this:

* Fearless posted on their facebook account the user's pictures who had the gold cable. i think that that was pretty recently posted here, and it has the ID "S8F-2291R". Mine, which was finished in early March, carries the label S8F-2244L, suggesting that maybe only ~50 units had been produced in that timeframe.

* For those who remember the resin-curing thing, my new pair is done and finally shipping out this weekend. That took a little while (which isn't a problem), but seems to suggest that they take a good amount of time/effort to make, given that they started making them about 2 weeks ago.

also, i'm listening to Mutual Core in Master on Tidal and this kind of quality seems like it couldn't be rushed :)

edit: listen to "In a Poem Unlimited" while you're at it. sweet album; sounds great.

edit 2: if i didn't already say so, The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends is absurd; a real assault on the ears. glitchy, clear, strong strong use of stereo separation, incredible features, and lovely album artwork:

A1EmllGd9gL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #1,379 of 5,204
For a blind purchase I would not go for custom. 1st: you don't know if you'll like them & 2nd: fit may not be ok at 1st try.
So I would go uni and if you really like them then you can always sell your uni to buy a custom.

Imagine you go custom and you don't really like them, you lost 450€ (no reshell possible I guess)
just my opinion. And on top of that , uni is quite comfortable, kind of semi custom shape (but a bit big)

I agree with your advice, but I wanted to try customs at one point. More than not liking the sound, I'm more concerned that i get the right fit.

But, just wanted to correct the reshell part that you stated. I have been told that re-shelling cost would be 150$ ( i have gone for the wooden faceplate customization which costs 50$ extra). So, you'll not lose the entire investment, but it would still be a very significant sum, plus customs even with the re-shelling cost adjusted are typically harder to sell, compared to uni.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back