FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 8, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #1,321 of 5,204
Listening to these two back and forth is just further making me think I'd have little chance of picking them out in a blind test from each other. The nozzle on the S8f it's a bit thicker, so I get a better seal on the S8f versus the S6Rui. Therefore, I'll be keeping them for fit reasons.

@Hawaiibadboy how did you put the moondrop a8 between them in your ratings? Just for variety? They're SO similar. I should've listened to you when you told me not to get both.

Also, I'm comparing with the CL2 and I stand by my statements. The CL2 is more detailed, the S8f has thicker bass.

The CL2 is a little better than either fearless in my opinion.
How would you compare the bass between the S6R and S8f?

Apr 9, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #1,322 of 5,204
How would you compare the bass between the S6R and S8f?
Definitely an area where I couldn't tell you which was which. Bass is damn near identical.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #1,324 of 5,204
Definitely an area where I couldn't tell you which was which. Bass is damn near identical.

Thanks for your ongoing impressions of 8 v 6 as they are really helping someone like me who is budget conscious. I’m well aware of diminishing returns.

Now I’m going to “try” to sit back until the next 11/11 sale by which time we will have some good comparisons of DM7 v S8/6. Until than I’m going to continue blissfully enjoying the DM6.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #1,325 of 5,204
Same.
Only diff for me is micro detail retrieval on an O.C.D level so without being O.C.D like me they are quite similar. I can hear stuff...tiny stuff that S6 might do but I am not catching it.

Since I got the DM6 and then the KPE I had to do some soul searching in respect to the sound signature I like best. In the end Moondrop won because I can crank the crap out of the KPE and it sounds even better So I guess my brain likes volume and wallop over micro details and delicacy. No subtleness. Oh well.

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #1,326 of 5,204
ABEE0D3D-4325-44D9-9F94-798202F7855E.jpeg
E00A4A7E-F4CA-4D78-BD5B-99C9BFF36BBD.jpeg

Some updated pictures after cable and tip rolling

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #1,327 of 5,204
Same.
Only diff for me is micro detail retrieval on an O.C.D level so without being O.C.D like me they are quite similar. I can hear stuff...tiny stuff that S6 might do but I am not catching it.
Thanks! Soon I’ll have both of them in my possession to compare. One gets a fancy copper cable, other will get a Bluetooth adapter for the “fun” outdoor days.

Apr 9, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #1,328 of 5,204
Oh yeah I sure did message them for about a week. They told me possibly delay due to the short holiday in China this past weekend. But my order was ship back on 25th in March, pretty sure that's not related. So i am kind of at a lost of what to do. All DD-Audio Store has been doing is telling me to wait... I don't mind it takes longer to ship to me since I am in Canada. But the fact that I can't even track it for over two weeks really have me wondering of what's going on.

For the story of DHL shipping.
Mostly of China cities that's nearby Hongkong will send it to Hongkong to tender the package to DHL. (if they ship via DHL)
Because it is cheaper than ship it directly from mainland China. So, sometimes the process delay because of the local shipping company have to tender the package to Hongkong first.

Mine also delay (can't track) about 6-7 days before it handler to Hongkong but once DHL has your package .. it will very fast just about 2 days to USA.

But two weeks is unusual.

Apr 9, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,330 of 5,204
Just my opinion, I think you need to own an IEM for at least a month AND use it continually to give an accurate review. Those aren't the case with his reviews as far as I can tell.

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #1,331 of 5,204
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,332 of 5,204
Just my opinion, I think you need to own an IEM for at least a month AND use it continually to give an accurate review. Those aren't the case with his reviews as far as I can tell.

Very true on many levels.
Knocking out earphone reviews like a hot cake factory does not do justice.

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #1,333 of 5,204
About FA IEM's impressions on Toranku's thread. Hater or honest?? So far I haven't seen him praise any IEM

HBB praise the DM6, I bought it but than ended selling it. Hater? Don't think so. IMO, Its best to avoid praises and focus more on the detail side of things.

As His thread title says, Thoughts and Impression. Thats completely different than Review.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #1,334 of 5,204
For the story of DHL shipping.
Mostly of China cities that's nearby Hongkong will send it to Hongkong to tender the package to DHL. (if they ship via DHL)
Because it is cheaper than ship it directly from mainland China. So, sometimes the process delay because of the local shipping company have to tender the package to Hongkong first.

Mine also delay (can't track) about 6-7 days before it handler to Hongkong but once DHL has your package .. it will very fast just about 2 days to USA.

But two weeks is unusual.

Two weeks+ is normal for delivery to the state I live in. DHL got my info on March 28th. Was shipped from Linsoul yesterday. Will take 12-14 days to reach my western state. Will be handed off to USPS because DHL does not deliver in my area. USPS will stash it for 3-4 days, then give me a expected delivery date, not delivery, then I receive the package in the next couple of days. I am not positive paying for expedited shipping would have worked for me, but might have to try it with my next order I will be placing with Linsoul.

It took a month to receive my DM6 and my S8F is following the same path.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,335 of 5,204
About FA IEM's impressions on Toranku's thread. Hater or honest?? So far I haven't seen him praise any IEM
Nah not a hater, might just have different tastes, also a ton of other things go into it. DAPs used play a major part, cable rolling, tip rolling, with quick impressions you almost never have time to get all those things sorted out.
I know personally there are a lot of iems that are worshipped on head-fi that I wouldn't listen to if given to me for free.
The only impression that really counts is your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back