FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 28, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #962 of 5,204
Try Final type E . Best silicon tips I tried so far .
Btw nice keyboard , I have the same :D
I also had a lot of luck with the Final E on the DM6. At the moment on the DM6 I am using depeeled Symbio tips which also give a good seal. I think the seal is better with the Symbio, but the Final E are much more comfortable (size L Symbio are slightly larger than size L Final E, but the Final E also come in size LL if you are sporting the Eerie Canal)

On the S8F, I am really having luck with the blue stock tips and don’t feel any need to go to 3rd party tips.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #963 of 5,204
Looks like the BGVP Dm7 (6Ba) has officially been released (thought not on sale yet) at the Shanghai HiFi Headphones Exhibition.
Seems like BGVP has also stepped up their game in terms of look/design.
Was gonna go for another Fearless iem but may have to hold out and see what the DM7 is about...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2224350594483579&id=1996005060651468

Ooh yes, I've been holding out on taking the plunge with Fearless to check this out as well. My distributor friend says that it should be available by first or second week of April! He claims it's supposed to knock out all competition within that driver range... but you know sales talk...

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #968 of 5,204
IMG_20190324_000655.jpg

I received the S8F a week ago.
A lot of people in Head-fi's opinion was helpful in choosing IEM.
I ordered it from LINSOUL.
Made as an option on the custom plate.

IMG_20190324_000812.jpg

IMG_20190324_000504.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #970 of 5,204
What are your thoughts on them?

I wrote a review in Korean for a forum in Korea.
If the translator is available, you can read it in more detail.

https://m.cafe.naver.com/drhp/1127618

briefly
Damping is good for BASS. And I like the SQ of drum percussion better than the SQ of Bass string instrument.

The middle is a bit in the back. It's very balanced.
Vocal sound is clear as if it is separated from background and is better for female vocal.

Treble has a fantastic sound of metal, or electronic sound. I have a high note that suits pop.
A good treble also makes the overall SQ resolution good.

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #971 of 5,204
Brilliant idea to mount the iem case to the pedalboard! Never thought of that...
Well I honestly have everything on my pedalboard... even mic stand. I am sometimes a one man show and I get everything in my guitar bag and pedalboard bag. I am nearing 35lbs on the pedalboard but not quite. Overall the happiest I have been with my setup. But yeah it's super handy having the IEM case right there on the board.

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #972 of 5,204
Got the S8F today.

I am in love... with a set of IEMs. Poor me.

But they are just perfectly balanced soundwise for my taste. After one hour listening session with my Cowon Plenue M2 and Sony ZX300 (with stock and 4.4mm balanced cable), with Final E tips, this is what jumped at me:
- Bass is big and tight
- Good soundstage
- Mids are slightly forward
- Detailed and energic highs, but no sibilance
- Very balanced sound
- Excellent response to EQ with the Jeteffect of the Cowon
- Very good built quality
- Good stock cable
- I got the What-effect in the first seconds I listened to them

A/B-ing with DM6:
- DM6 is brighter and has less bass
- Micro-details is about the same so far
- Fit with the Final E tips is slightly better with the DM6
- Just a very faint hiss with the S8F on the Cowon (Sony = no hiss), while dead black background with the DM6.
- S8F is a more capable IEM than the DM6 overall, no need to compare too long. But the DM6 is the best deal regarding price/performance ratio.

Listening session made with FLAC,AIFF and DSD files. Music styles ranged from female and male vocalists, Electronic, Jazz, Ambient and OST.

IMG_20190329_162452.jpg
IMG_20190329_162608.jpg
IMG_20190329_163504.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #973 of 5,204
finally got mine. they are gorgeous!!! and small.. i thought it would be bigger but nope.. they are the perfect size!

i didnt like the color of the case (powder blue) ugh!

the faceplate i chose were the best. they shimmer in different angles. it is so gorgeous and i think its well beyond the actual price. worth it! soubd impressions later since i didnt bring any of my daps

sorry for picspam

That’s sexy as hell!

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #975 of 5,204
Got the S8F today.

I am in love... with a set of IEMs. Poor me.

But they are just perfectly balanced soundwise for my taste. After one hour listening session with my Cowon Plenue M2 and Sony ZX300 (with stock and 4.4mm balanced cable), with Final E tips, this is what jumped at me:
- Bass is big and tight
- Good soundstage
- Mids are slightly forward
- Detailed and energic highs, but no sibilance
- Very balanced sound
- Excellent response to EQ with the Jeteffect of the Cowon
- Very good built quality
- Good stock cable
- I got the What-effect in the first seconds I listened to them

A/B-ing with DM6:
- DM6 is brighter and has less bass
- Micro-details is about the same so far
- Fit with the Final E tips is slightly better with the DM6
- Just a very faint hiss with the S8F on the Cowon (Sony = no hiss), while dead black background with the DM6.
- S8F is a more capable IEM than the DM6 overall, no need to compare too long. But the DM6 is the best deal regarding price/performance ratio.

Listening session made with FLAC,AIFF and DSD files. Music styles ranged from female and male vocalists, Electronic, Jazz, Ambient and OST.

Thanks for that review and especially directly compared with the DM6. Interesting the bass is even better? My DM6 have a lot of bass, not sure I want even more! Regardless, the Dm6 DO punch way above their pricepoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back