FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 29, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #993 of 5,204
I spent a few hours with the S8F (got them this morning), switching between the Cowon Plenue M2 (with 3.5mm stock cable) and the Sony ZX300 in SE and balanced (4.4mm). I already could write pages about the lovely and lively sound coming out from this amazing IEM. I am in the middle of the honeymoon time...

Trying to make it short and readable. I became an IEM aficionado two years ago. Before, it was all about full size headphones for me. I still have a Final Sonorous VI and an Audeze LCD-X, which I really like and that shine with my desktop rig. My IEM journey began with the Sony N3 and Z5, bought in 2017 along with a Fiio X5III, my now sold first DAP. I was blown away by the sound such a pretty affordable set-up can do. Still, even today, my full size HPs with the whole gear chain in the background is in another league. But today, listening to the Dire Straits - On Every Street album, the S8F literally gave me shivers. The hairs from my arms went up and I felt electricity running through my spine. It very rarely happened with any of my IEMs, even with my beloved Final E5000 and Sony Z5, and never in that intensity.

The S8F plays the music fast, energetic, detailed as hell and clear. I feared sibilance at first, but there is none for me, at least intrinsically. If a song became at times a bit hot in the treble, it is because the volume is too loud or the mastering is average. On well-mastered recordings, the experience is terrific.

Some remarks so far:
- As always, my tips to go are the Final E tips or the JVC Spiral Dots
- These babies deserve a premium cable. Not because of any sound improvement, stock cable is ok, but because I want a "better dress" and top braided hybrid copper/silver with solid connectors for them (my mate Matt from Forza Audioworks will get an e-mail tomorrow)
- This is a pretty efficient set of IEM, no need to get any amp with the DAP I think. I will feed them with the Q5 to see how they react, but I don't await any significant improvements
- I will sell my DM6, impossible to look back now. The sound S8F is fuller, more detailed and just....better. point.

Future owners of the S8F, be prepared to be amazed.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #994 of 5,204
I spent a few hours with the S8F (got them this morning), switching between the Cowon Plenue M2 (with 3.5mm stock cable) and the Sony ZX300 in SE and balanced (4.4mm). I already could write pages about the lovely and lively sound coming out from this amazing IEM. I am in the middle of the honeymoon time...

Trying to make it short and readable. I became an IEM aficionado two years ago. Before, it was all about full size headphones for me I still have a Final Sonorous VI and an Audeze LCD-X, which I really like and shine with my desktop rig. My IEM journey began with the Sony N3 and Z5, bought in 2017 along with a Fiio X5III, my now sold first DAP. I was blown away by the sound such a pretty affordable set-up can do. Still, even today, my full size HPs with the whole gear chain in the background is in another league. But today, listening to the Dire Straits - On Every Street album, the S8F literally gave shivers. The hairs from my arms went up and I felt electricity running through my spine. It very rarely happened with any of my IEMs, even with my beloved Final E5000 and Sony Z5, and never in that intensity.

The S8F plays the music fast, energetic, detailed as hell and clear. I feared sibilance at first, but there is none for me, at least intrinsically. If a song became at times a bit hot in the treble, it is because the volume is too loud or the mastering is average. On well-mastered recordings, the experience is terrific.

Some remarks so far:
- These babies deserve a premium cable. Not because of any sound improvement, stock cable is ok, but because I want a "better dress" and top braided hybrid copper/silver with solid connectors for them (my mate Matt from Forza Audioworks will get an e-mail tomorrow)
- This is a pretty efficient set of IEM, no need to get any amp with the DAP I think. I will feed them with the Q5 to see how they react, but I don't await any significant improvements
- I will sell my DM6, impossible to look back now. The sound S8F is fuller, more detailed and just....better. point.

I understand that last bit. Compared to my S8Ps, other options have a different feel, but nowhere close technically. Thanks for the album recco! I'm halfway through Calling Elvis now. :)

Mar 29, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #995 of 5,204
I understand that last bit. Compared to my S8Ps, other options have a different feel, but nowhere close technically. Thanks for the album recco! I'm halfway through Calling Elvis now. :)
The whole album is great :) Enjoy!

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #997 of 5,204

Trying to make it short and readable. I became an IEM aficionado two years ago. Before, it was all about full size headphones for me. I still have a Final Sonorous VI and an Audeze LCD-X, which I really like and that shine with my desktop rig. My IEM journey began with the Sony N3 and Z5, bought in 2017 along with a Fiio X5III, my now sold first DAP. I was blown away by the sound such a pretty affordable set-up can do. Still, even today, my full size HPs with the whole gear chain in the background is in another league. But today, listening to the Dire Straits - On Every Street album, the S8F literally gave me shivers. The hairs from my arms went up and I felt electricity running through my spine. It very rarely happened with any of my IEMs, even with my beloved Final E5000 and Sony Z5, and never in that intensity.

Some remarks so far:

Absolutely so tempting comment. I am now so confused. Actually, i decided to go for bayerdynamic t5p . I have not decided yet on which one is better choice to me. A Full size premium can or this chi fi iem!

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #998 of 5,204
tempted to get s8f to see how different it is with the pro lol

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #999 of 5,204

Some remarks so far:

How are the Soundstage compared to the E5000? I'm interested in how they Compare to the E5000. I also sold the DM6 because it was too hot for me.

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #1,000 of 5,204
Okay, this should be it for a while. I'm genuinely transfixed by how good this cable looks and feels tbh

VzqoIFijav0pC1ZEAVxiZGKKuv_Ul83UVDPgJjmPI_ZPmDVUN6z5kbbfufmr4Us7R_QwshaDOawYAjzJgAn-2rOtxCWaw83JrlbbvnXyi45_WllZMaMDv8c9n9tyBdC2_Zn53WqusrPJGFXLTqvjSXYEOiE7dkDWxacj0YLKE4cWN58ZG8nBaadB5XXNcmaQ-uYJTbBg_-HKQmWBMAss8AkBHJ_UDW-02GZYzm7CxZ8wT5nWSilDwU5DdCj-7EGqq190rZbhM-5OBLnCGVXp_LLuC5LpX5PqCndkJ3u5k9JF9y6QGLLVW7kOT86z06IfqznsC25IdNlLoKQy_U56tUILbswvUq0PIBC8CRoiBAQINAeZEmegyvt39YlDXtHijm7gOmtqamdQmIykRviSwPb8fFAFNbMELTFC7tbbShHSy0wNmB0mbljiwWGilJF-OM8i-cfaO-V9oCTq60hmn6nrCllwysLp-IaehMcBkq8F_HqQt23nqcRcfhUOBVDnZ789THmz5ssxNUN0CBngJZgmwY9yd2PvJ6UNIeVMtOp_ZE9UaMaNfH9B-9e33o_tiKDJETvOV4QXbJjbjc6-HrfSvzH6-Js78oUhVOZqS_L7c6KwfPtIQTXp8G-ms6p8ssz6TLBRPV4SAVr2LeKFPQgUtiy7zT4z=w1352-h1014-no

HS1mbOT3sPy5caUm6V9sy5x_UYOchYAzKvdr3vgcXJwEVH0SE6muWQWtGgXt0yST2h1kh0QCNE1HlwnsHq6OA2c4rZmBKQDFiv2uc6X5RakF0gbNXj_VkzJ9L3V3f22rpn8CmInraLagV70MR8fHuZwH2EywMSNKRO-LT6-j8JqGd6kbkwdDNF6zZhNbaKN-umo_pE38tqUI4JNi8khFVBn6osOK49t8fhQaBEMT6cRwLmTspXLmFxmk64rmRXkPUiI6tz7rN1vpeQHzKxvY6YTVOIrsL1abJlcfWRWXvwi_Ma169la5AjGZqnQaRuAUWZp8zGrRHilwZvQndudhViSe1h1eIwTBqiKDZPwlEfih2eh_tYa3Ar2r2nwL2TFvRp9OzsWmoyHo25xdgJQxqQjs-kkx-QIUWqIrJmrRMzTmE6QTQgLym-XXmyEcFbEHCzKmmxkqobDQ9ni7DlRUaP53UgxkYDtNrnkqtdWq7z3w9ArdQnhmKB0jakCcP4Fh67o8FA0d3Vjige9RF_k_x0W14qXaJ27wNRXlmEqW4n6I2H8vyAn0s5DVedbeUyASzqVld0tzt-Uo8prOfX8QCkYqcq17wkwZTCQzK304yNLBZ3Gh1wAIw6Xy7a44F901YzXdLrV0ZvDZXPfykUsQRnnVctNb6viY=w1352-h1014-no

nH46PJOnBUaRWtuutmOv7XD3VWeJueSFEFBgzwCCjNmCq9an_d_ysapfBYlNninBjQLlmaowFXK3vs_L1QpJzKS1naEhHzy8-b1qspDPnd-V5bCYUf47nugeFtP8P-_WEJhgzTmfmPtls09dzX_JXN_pQMt7btaL3iGWVDs2zh7CN63NZnr49CKCvwrgJ9BEGFm_LmsWkbsOL4AoA--CHCgr8bUJrhsPU9fXJ6uBrFwL9IEaNGXp50Ax7pVKS1OzCjsEjaL59Tjr1sTC3DehwB8WrToxKNliipH-YpgRX63GY4j_bbeeEvT7zRBckqI5UkuXo8b8i-2lnxDHCCcbGaYh544Ftl2mXGlwQOzHPOjgBzqMJ1g9dI2x9x0i5yGHghWh88gkWs6hKElj5896eSDx7U6APCYe7XStvW-R7bl0owMelUT1MehNZGsPHRhckucIZGIXBTZiB_0Db8lXSLi02kU0oKrCjCfjFXicLjBHg3ODYb6lw_13YM808pLyEstWwFjpTy6SNGVz3PkUEElUfwgTbQWpinjNS7Yv6auk6-ZYk2Od_Zca4pV9-QAzamvzrj4u50gVyE4TO9NnMmGdUwiXNd6nTgWZKa0IDaf0Caxs5qOPKBFchD0LoibMiFenmQ86URtsw8LicYn1qTieLJQGxoma=w1352-h1014-no

may we all get cables as beautiful as our IEMs :pray:

Mar 30, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #1,001 of 5,204
Absolutely so tempting comment. I am now so confused. Actually, i decided to go for bayerdynamic t5p . I have not decided yet on which one is better choice to me. A Full size premium can or this chi fi iem!
You can almost buy 2 S8F for the price of the t5p. I think your choice depends on the way you are listening to your music and on the gears you already own. You cannot do wrong, because both items are great. Could you tell us more about your gears and your listening habits, so that we might help you further with your choice.

Mar 30, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #1,002 of 5,204
How are the Soundstage compared to the E5000? I'm interested in how they Compare to the E5000. I also sold the DM6 because it was too hot for me.
The soundstage is wider and has a slightly more 3D feeling on the S8F. The imaging is on par with the E5000. The bass, quantity and quality-wise, still is better on the the E5000. The sound signature of both IEMs is really different. The E5000 gives you this intimate and smooth sound experience, with excellent imaging, great mids and powerful bass. Properly driven, the E5000 is an incredible IEM. Even now with the S8F, I would be unable to pick a favorite between the 2. They are complementary. The S8F is hyper detailed and gives you a rush of adrenalin listening to your music. Vivid and open sound, it's a departure from the E5000. The highs are clear, but manage to avoid sibilance. The S8F are also less forgiving than the E5000.
The S8F is a DM6 on steroids. It improves on the bass and the detail retrieval, while removing the hint of sibilance that could appears sometimes on the DM6.

Mar 30, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #1,003 of 5,204
Researcher: I think it would be a no brainer "IF" you do a lot of listening on the go (restaurants, coffee shops, traveling, etc.) but if not, stay with the Beyer, My opinion only. I am retired and do a lot of listening on the go and don't even use my little V Moda XS any more.

Mar 30, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #1,004 of 5,204
You can almost buy 2 S8F for the price of the t5p. I think your choice depends on the way you are listening to your music and on the gears you already own. You cannot do wrong, because both items are great. Could you tell us more about your gears and your listening habits, so that we might help you further with your choice.

Based on Uk. Their prices are close to each other (after tax, deal etc.). I now have a 535s and Dragonfly Red. I want to upgrade them, starting with the iem ( if I buy a s8f). Mostly preferred to lean on Metal an Classical Music. I have a few of iems before, but no pro headphone. So, i have no idea how much they are different.

Researcher: I think it would be a no brainer "IF" you do a lot of listening on the go (restaurants, coffee shops, traveling, etc.) but if not, stay with the Beyer, My opinion only. I am retired and do a lot of listening on the go and don't even use my little V Moda XS any more.

listening music out of the home and office is quite rare practice for me. I wonder your thoughts as to what gear (iem vs headphone) makes you happy when listening. In other words, can the T5P offer more?

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #1,005 of 5,204
Based on Uk. Their prices are close to each other (after tax, deal etc.). I now have a 535s and Dragonfly Red. I want to upgrade them, starting with the iem ( if I buy a s8f). Mostly preferred to lean on Metal an Classical Music. I have a few of iems before, but no pro headphone. So, i have no idea how much they are different.
The Shure 535 is thicker sounding than the S8F, that's pretty sure. S8F will be an upgrade, no question about that, especially with classical and Metal. Now, if you are listening to your music at home, you might find a full size headphone more satisfying than IEMs, but it is also a matter of taste. At home, I grab my LCD-X or Final Sonorous VI over my DAP and IEM, 80% of time. This because I listen to my DAP and IEMs at the office, 4 to 5 hours a day. Try the t5p. If you are happy with their sound, no regrets, purchase it, you can buy the S8F later :)

PS: for Metal and Classical, the Final Sonorous VI is amazing, at USD 699.-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back