FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 26, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #811 of 5,204
Just purchased the S8F a week ago. Just got the tracking number yesterday. :D Just curious, does anyone know if cellphone cables exist at all with these iems? Like a cable with mic or volume buttons. I mainly will use this at home or in my office but able to take calls on the go would be nice with them on.

Mar 26, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #812 of 5,204
Just purchased the S8F a week ago. Just got the tracking number yesterday. :D Just curious, does anyone know if cellphone cables exist at all with these iems? Like a cable with mic or volume buttons. I mainly will use this at home or in my office but able to take calls on the go would be nice with them on.

Not sure on the volume front but inline mic yes. There are plenty of 2 pin cables with a mic inline for cellphone use.

Mar 26, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #813 of 5,204

ACME8

Personal rank of series:

S8 Freedom
S6 Rui
S6 PRO
S4
S5H
S8 PRO
S10 Genie

ACME8 *not yet reviewed*

Damn... That ACME 8 looks... kinda bumpy? :ksc75smile:. I believe it would be weird sounding on good recordings, but it will be murderous on 80% of music IMHO, but I will wait for the actual sound impressions ofc, These recesses at the human hearing "weak spots" will make the extreme peaks at the 6-8kHz really harsh, and even painful.

Here's an overlay with the S6Pro.

S6PRO_vs_ACME8_by_HBB.png

For those that are asking how to "read graphs" (people asking in the community section of HBB's channel), the short answer would be to compare the dips and peaks of the ACME8 to the the S6Pro (which is relatively neutral), or a completely reference point like the diffuse-field target. And remember, that every frequency is relative to the rest. A video explaining this would be a cool idea. :)

BTW, @Hawaiibadboy , I would like to send you a HiRes version of a track, that I use to test sibilance, that you can you can use to evaluate stuff, in particular the ACME 8, if you don't mind ofc. Just let me know if you're OK with that, and I will send you a PM. And thank you, as always! :)

Mar 26, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #814 of 5,204
Damn... That ACME 8 looks... kinda bumpy? :ksc75smile:. I believe it would be weird sounding on good recordings, but it will be murderous on 80% of music IMHO, but I will wait for the actual sound impressions ofc, These recesses at the human hearing "weak spots" will make the extreme peaks at the 6-8kHz really harsh, and even painful.

Here's an overlay with the S6Pro.

For those that are asking how to "read graphs" (people asking in the community section of HBB's channel), the short answer would be to compare the dips and peaks of the ACME8 to the the S6Pro (which is relatively neutral), or a completely reference point like the diffuse-field target. And remember, that every frequency is relative to the rest. A video explaining this would be a cool idea. :)

BTW, @Hawaiibadboy , I would like to send you a HiRes version of a track, that I use to test sibilance, that you can you can use to evaluate stuff, in particular the ACME 8, if you don't mind ofc. Just let me know if you're OK with that, and I will send you a PM. And thank you, as always! :)

Thanks for the overlays! Sure. Send it on over :)Thanks in advance

Mar 26, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #816 of 5,204
It’s actually looks quite nice to me . Maybe not for all genres but very exited how it’s sounds .. will give my impression as soon it arrives .. will use the effect audio aresII balance cable with it

Mar 26, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #817 of 5,204
I have a question and not sure if it has been addressed before but if it has, please forgive me.

I had the DM6 for a month or so before I sold them and acquired Tansio Mirai TSMR-3. My issue with the DM6 wasn't the treble, it was the mids. I just found the vocals to be way too recessed. I am enjoying the TSMR3s and find the vocals to be where they should be on the frequency spectrum (my opinion). I want to jump on the Fearless wagon but don't want to experience the recessed mids. Do the S8F or the 6Rui have recessed mids like the DM6? Can anyone comment? Thank you

I lifted this off Hawaiibadboy's review and it shows recessed mids but real life experience (or comparison to DM6) would be nice.

@Hawaiibadboy - thanks for the hype! :beerchug:
I had that same feeling with the DM6s, but wasn't sure whether it was the DM6s or me, since I'd only listened to Shure stuff beforehand, which is extremely mids centric. The S8F absolutely don't give me that feeling, personally.

Mar 26, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #818 of 5,204
I am going to update that sheet this weekend :)

I think the S6PRO might be the set of Fearless you want. I don't find the S8F or Rui to bother Croce,Lightfoot or Neil Young at all but I didn't think the DM6 did either. Other owners can give their 2 cents. I got my set for free so my 2 cents actually is worth only 1 cent.

Thank you! I'll watch your review and see if the S6Pro fit the bill.

I had that same feeling with the DM6s, but wasn't sure whether it was the DM6s or me, since I'd only listened to Shure stuff beforehand, which is extremely mids centric. The S8F absolutely don't give me that feeling, personally.

Thanks. I am mostly a Westone listener (UMPro30 & W60) but due to HB, I have dipped my toes into the ChiFi world and I like it. And I agree, Shure are mid-centric but those mids are truly lush and lovely (what I remember of my SE425). Hummm! Decision to make.

Mar 26, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #819 of 5,204
Thank you! I'll watch your review and see if the S6Pro fit the bill.

Thanks. I am mostly a Westone listener (UMPro30 & W60) but due to HB, I have dipped my toes into the ChiFi world and I like it. And I agree, Shure are mid-centric but those mids are truly lush and lovely (what I remember of my SE425). Hummm! Decision to make.
I have W40s and am getting an S8Pro in tonight, so I should be able to provide at least some comparison. My main stage monitors were UM2s for years before the W40s. :)

Mar 26, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #820 of 5,204
I have an idea I'd like to discuss via PM, but it appears I'm somehow blocked in your settings. Would you mind shooting me a message?

Mar 26, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #821 of 5,204

Just noticed you have disabled your PMs, so I can't sent you one. I will post the link here temporarily, and I will remove it once you get the files. No copyright infringement intended of course. This is all for "science/testing".

The HiRes song "May Day" is for vocal sibilance in the "shshs" region. The other one is for the entire spectrum, in particular the drum section and the vocals on the "s". You already have Melissa for the "sss" sibilance, so I think we have everything covered.

@perfecious friend, thinking to get a Fearless ?

Maybe in the future. They are kinda too expensive for me, and for the moment I am happy with my DM6 and CCA C16 (with some EQ corrections for both). :)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #822 of 5,204
I have W40s and am getting an S8Pro in tonight, so I should be able to provide at least some comparison. My main stage monitors were UM2s for years before the W40s. :)

That would be awesome. Thanks

Mar 26, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #824 of 5,204
Found these on head fi , its my absolute fav iem looks quite positive for the acme. ( at least for me :D )
Above EE Legend X
ACME8
Wow, that's kinda eerie :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back