FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 26, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #796 of 5,204
deleted

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #797 of 5,204
made the exact same choice last week, purchased the 20th from Linsoul, not shipped yet :/
I've ordered 2 items from Linsoul, a cable and the DM6. The cable transaction was perfect, but I had some mixed experience with the DM6, saying that they had my exemplar stock and shipping would occur after the chinese holidays in February. After that, asking for shipping update, they told me I have to wait because my DM6 were not in stock anymore. I questionned this way of doing and the somewhat odd communication. Everything went good at the end. I still can recommend Linsoul as a seller. They are doing their best I think, the demand increasing rapidly at the moment.

Purchasing via Penon Audio always has been great so far. Quick shipment and delivery with DHL and tracking number.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #801 of 5,204
38A29417-4510-4CD5-AFB2-C00DA4BF5CAC.jpeg
A7D20D9E-E71C-46A0-A373-98D1641EAFE9.jpeg

Only by comparing this 2 s8f and acme I think I choose the right one for me :)

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #804 of 5,204
S8f ( above )
Acme
I once went to a dog show and looking at two dogs in the ring I turned to my wife and asked... “are they supposed to look like that?” Of course, much to the chagrin of my wife, that was within earshot of the owners...

Anyway, is the Acme supposed to look like that?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #805 of 5,204
I once went to a dog show and looking at two dogs in the ring I turned to my wife and asked... “are they supposed to look like that?” Of course, much to the chagrin of my wife, that was within earshot of the owners...

Anyway, is the Acme supposed to look like that?

I don't think so...

The bass is mammoth. Most I have heard from a BA
The S8F is a detail beast. 50% the price of ACME. I'd take the S8F even if they were same price.
The lattice looks so damn nice. I wanted this to be awesome. Sounds odd. Cymbal crashes are odd for me.

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #806 of 5,204
I don't think so...

The bass is mammoth. Most I have heard from a BA
The S8F is a detail beast. 50% the price of ACME. I'd take the S8F even if they were same price.
The lattice looks so damn nice. I wanted this to be awesome. Sounds odd. Cymbal crashes are odd for me.
Did u try to go balance with it ?

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #807 of 5,204
Wow that ACME graph looks like my 3 year old threw a tennis ball... Not what I was expecting...

Edit: Looked at the company graph and it's exactly what they show. Wow. It does depart from their others, bet the bass radiates through your jaws!

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #808 of 5,204
Did u try to go balance with it ?
No, limited time so just early thoughts. Bass is huge though. The rest might just be a departure from most Fearless and moondrops which have taken up my last month. It is such a different sound. I am going to compare them with S8 PRO and S8F and do a 3 way 8BA compare. They are all different. Same company. 3 different tunings out of 8BA's

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #809 of 5,204
I have a question and not sure if it has been addressed before but if it has, please forgive me.

I had the DM6 for a month or so before I sold them and acquired Tansio Mirai TSMR-3. My issue with the DM6 wasn't the treble, it was the mids. I just found the vocals to be way too recessed. I am enjoying the TSMR3s and find the vocals to be where they should be on the frequency spectrum (my opinion). I want to jump on the Fearless wagon but don't want to experience the recessed mids. Do the S8F or the 6Rui have recessed mids like the DM6? Can anyone comment? Thank you

I lifted this off Hawaiibadboy's review and it shows recessed mids but real life experience (or comparison to DM6) would be nice.

@Hawaiibadboy - thanks for the hype! :beerchug:
upload_2019-3-26_9-37-39.png

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #810 of 5,204
I have a question and not sure if it has been addressed before but if it has, please forgive me.

I had the DM6 for a month or so before I sold them and acquired Tansio Mirai TSMR-3. My issue with the DM6 wasn't the treble, it was the mids. I just found the vocals to be way too recessed. I am enjoying the TSMR3s and find the vocals to be where they should be on the frequency spectrum (my opinion). I want to jump on the Fearless wagon but don't want to experience the recessed mids. Do the S8F or the 6Rui have recessed mids like the DM6? Can anyone comment? Thank you

I lifted this off Hawaiibadboy's review and it shows recessed mids but real life experience (or comparison to DM6) would be nice.

@Hawaiibadboy - thanks for the hype! :beerchug:

I am going to update that sheet this weekend :)

I think the S6PRO might be the set of Fearless you want. I don't find the S8F or Rui to bother Croce,Lightfoot or Neil Young at all but I didn't think the DM6 did either. Other owners can give their 2 cents. I got my set for free so my 2 cents actually is worth only 1 cent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back