FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 22, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #632 of 5,204
Gorgeous!

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #634 of 5,204
Yeah I’m waiting for my pair .. it’s something special ... hope it will be shipped next week
I just got a note from Penon that my S8Ps shipped today. Waiting for tracking...

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #636 of 5,204
Mar 22, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #639 of 5,204
Could you please share some comparisons between S6rui and Kanas Pro. How much better are they and in what areas? I am debating whether I should upgrade
The kanas pro are warmer in the midrange. The s6 has more bass, more airy treble, and midrange clarity I think due to the 4k bump which can exaggerate sibilance and may cause fatigue with some music. That's less of an issue since I realized I was listening to the s6 at too high a volume. They're very efficient and need a lot less power than the kanas pro.

I'm not sure I can describe how different they sound except to say the s6 is more dynamic. I also have the ikko oh-1 and they have similar fr differences to the kanas pro, but both of those still sound similar. I think of it like going from something like the hd650 to a planar like the lcd-2 or the focal elear/elex. It's a pretty obvious step up and I used to think you had to pay $1k+ for that kind of sound in an iem.

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #642 of 5,204
Mar 22, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #643 of 5,204
The undecidable Dilemma that I find myself in is deciding to go S8 in spending $539 cuz if I'm going to do it I'm going to want it to look like carbon fiber so there's an additional $50. Then having to return the q1 DAC / amp because I already spent too much money on the S8. And using them off just my Note 8 alone and it not being good enough. Whereas originally I ordered the dm6 and was going to run off my Note 8 and the DAC / amp. For literally less than half the money.

Mar 22, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #645 of 5,204
The undecidable Dilemma that I find myself in is deciding to go S8 in spending $539 cuz if I'm going to do it I'm going to want it to look like carbon fiber so there's an additional $50. Then having to return the q1 DAC / amp because I already spent too much money on the S8. And using them off just my Note 8 alone and it not being good enough. Whereas originally I ordered the dm6 and was going to run off my Note 8 and the DAC / amp. For literally less than half the money.
Hard to answer, but my simple advice:

Don't spend in total more than you are comfortable spending. This is just a hobby.

The marginal improvement per dollar rolls off pretty fast. 2X money does not equal 2x value/quality.

Spend more on the hardware closer to your ears than on the hardware further away... A fantastic DAC/amp/dap has less impact than fantastic IEMs or headphones (within reason).

I know, useless platitudes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back