FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 22, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #617 of 5,204
I can offer some initial thoughts on the S8F vs the DM6.

• The midrange is definitely more liquid and forward than it was on the DM6 for me. I never tried the 846, but if the tuning is anything like the 530/535, that will probably still have a more pronounced midrange (being originally meant as vocal monitors and all).
  • The midrange is also more detailed than the DM6, but it's more detailed everywhere.
  • The treble is less fatiguing for me, personally. Still plenty of texture and air and energy.
  • The bass seems to go a little lower and be more detailed—it's a little less "thumpy" than the DM6, though. Still enough to make you feel like you're feeling your heartbeat inside your brain, however.
  • Overall, even more lively. Just very very involving and detailed.
  • Physically, they're kinda big. They actually fit me better because of the longer, thicker stems, but they don't sit "flush" in my ear like the DM6 did:

vs.

I don't sleep with earphones in though, so it's not a big deal—just figured it was worth mentioning.
Many thanks for your detailed feedback and picture. very helpful now I very tempted to flip the DM6 with S8F, I struggling to make decision on weather to invest in a good DAP or IEM I currently have Fiio X5iii and Chord Mojo.

Mar 22, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #618 of 5,204
  • Overall, even more lively. Just very very involving and detailed
Great, thank you for the comparison! When I asked Hawaiibadboy his best choice for a very lively IEMs he told me S8F, to see confirmation from you & some others make me think I did the best choice possible, I can't wait to get them in my ears!

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #619 of 5,204
Great, thank you for the comparison! When I asked Hawaiibadboy his best choice for a very lively IEMs he told me S8F, to see confirmation from you & some others make me think I did the best choice possible, I can't wait to get them in my ears!
No problem! It's quite strange, actually--when you get to this price and quality range, moving between sets is usually like, "hmm, I guess this is a little better at x?? And maybe worse at y??" and you have to listen for a while and kinda reach a conclusion. Here, it was just Immediately apparent, and I already liked my DM6s a lot.

Mar 22, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #620 of 5,204
I can offer some initial thoughts on the S8F vs the DM6.

• The midrange is definitely more liquid and forward than it was on the DM6 for me. I never tried the 846, but if the tuning is anything like the 530/535, that will probably still have a more pronounced midrange (being originally meant as vocal monitors and all).
  • The midrange is also more detailed than the DM6, but it's more detailed everywhere.
  • The treble is less fatiguing for me, personally. Still plenty of texture and air and energy.
  • The bass seems to go a little lower and be more detailed—it's a little less "thumpy" than the DM6, though. Still enough to make you feel like you're feeling your heartbeat inside your brain, however.
  • Overall, even more lively. Just very very involving and detailed.
  • Physically, they're kinda big. They actually fit me better because of the longer, thicker stems, but they don't sit "flush" in my ear like the DM6 did:

vs.

I don't sleep with earphones in though, so it's not a big deal—just figured it was worth mentioning.
So is it worth to pay more then twice over DM6?

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #621 of 5,204
So is it worth to pay more then twice over DM6?
To throw in my $0.02, yes, if you can afford it. As @mr.karmalicious says, there is a pretty apparent difference between the two, not just subtle.

I would wait for full reviews of the Pro version, though, before making a decision. Should be soon...

Edit: when I say the S8F is worth 2x the DM6, it is (a) recognizing that 2x cost does not bring 2x value, (b) the incremental benefit which is less tha 2x is worth the 2x cost to the buyer, and (c) implicitly includes the assumption someone can afford it. For me personally, I am comfortable with this calculus. All that said, I really like the DM6, and if money were tight I would happily stick with them and not upgrade to the S8 series.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #622 of 5,204
found this pic , let me hope
ave.jpg
ac.jpg

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #625 of 5,204
So to me the S8Pro graph looks near identical to the companies published graph of the S6RIU. From all the graphs HBB has posted vs the company graphs bass is more gradual in it's decline and the highs are about 5 db higher but with the same peaks and dips as company graphs. Wondering if this is just equipment differential and pink noise generator differential. Or if the company graphs are compensated instead of RAW. Either way we are seeing some consistency here. Both showing that HBB setup is accurate but with so many variables involved these reading are just a guide on the whole. Very interested to see what the listening impressions are for these. Overall it looks to be as close to "Harmon" as they've come. My only concern is the little bump there at 4/5khz. It seems that is always the trouble frequencies with ChiFi, hoping it's not that bad while in practical use.

Thank you so much HBB for posting this graph, although it has only led to more ??? in my mind haha. :)

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #627 of 5,204
Yes, I really wanted to go from the S6Rui to the S8F since I ordered the 6 before HBB heard the 8f, but at this point it's prudent to wait for impressions on the whole line....

The S6RUI is great. So if there are true improvements up the line, I'll be in.... Still waiting for HBB to send me the S10, which he thinks suck. Given how many models there are too compare, that might never happen.

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #630 of 5,204
SICK PICS BRO! Thanks for the eye candy and video. I want that ACME if for no other reason, it seems like new technology that might be the next step in IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back