FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 2, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #152 of 5,204
You can reshape that hook by heating it a little untill the outher tubing gets soft and then hold it bent and let it cool down for few seconds. I did it with a small portable electrical heater. I’m sure you can use a hairdryer too. Take the IEMs off first and be careful not to overheat the cable.The fit is perfect now

Thanks!! I used a heat gun and it worked perfectly. Left is the after, right is before.

20190302_115731.jpg

Mar 2, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #153 of 5,204
Well, don't seem that limited - if the description is correct you have pretty wide selection of choices. I already know what I want - K12+F1 for a cozy warm and rustic look.
I probably will take F4+K11 (or K3).
It would be good if people who has it to share some pictures of their selection.

Mar 2, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #155 of 5,204
Oh, I didn't read the description below that explained. From what I saw, I thought only the following 3 (of the many possible) were available:

upload_2019-3-2_17-48-15.png

the more I think about it, though, the more I'm liking the colorway that HBB has—the kind of scratched silver with a clear body, with one "W" and one "fearless". E5 is clearly the face plate, but is K9 supposed to be that color? because it looks darker than clear to me. (and in any case, adding those options takes it over the cost on Linsoul...)

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #157 of 5,204

Just un-box....kinda

You freakin tease. Hurry up! :dt880smile: At least tell if one is heads and shoulders above the others or if it's mainly tuning differences.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #159 of 5,204
I just ordered a $35 4.4mm 2-pin **** cable froma amazon. So begins the slow switch from 2.5-4.4mm. hopefully we stick with 4.4 from here on out and it just becomes standard. As a hobbyist, all the 3.5mm cables are completely useless to me at this point.

I really like what ibasso did with the it04, sent a 2.5mm cable with a 3.5mm SE adapter. It's great to see when a company really understand their customers.
Ya...I agree. Wish that it was more the norm for iem's to see a 2.5 or 4.4 balanced cable shipped as standard, with maybe a 3.5 adapter. Trouble is, most DAP's, smartphones, players, amps, dont have a balanced output; until you get into playback gear that costs in excess of $350-400. Only exception that I can think of that is around $100-110-US is Fiio Q1MK2 and K3 DAC/AMP's. Anything with a balanced out is significantly more expensive. I think that when more DAP's/DAC/AMPS offer balanced outs on their products at a lower price point, that's when we will see iem's come shipped with balanced cables. Till then, 3.5 single ended is gonna stay the norm, and thus that is what will come standard in the box. Personally, I dont see the point in getting a better cable, unless you are also going to upgrade to a balanced cable. I'd rather save my money and buy a player or dac/amp that has balanced outputs, than just sink money into a single ended upgrade cable. You won't get any significantly audible increase in sound quality with 3.5mm, but at least with a 2.5/4.4 balanced cable you will experience an increase in volume level as well as separation because that is what balanced is kinda designed to accomplish.

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #160 of 5,204
Sorry...double post]

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #161 of 5,204
I can graph the s8 freedom in a bit but s8 pro not for a few days. I will give brief thought on both tonight in a vid, livestream not sure which? Livestream folks can ask questions
Any way you can increase your audio output level when you livestream. I was trying to watch your last one on my phone but gave up because I couldn't hear a word you were saying. You need a mic closer to your mouth...either that or TALK REALLY LOUD!!!

Mar 3, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #163 of 5,204
Hiby R3 has balanced out and is $199, Ibasso DX120 $299, Fiio M9 $299.99, xduoo X20 $244.90, these are a few I could quickly think of that have balanced out.
Yeah, you're right. Trouble is, I live in Canada and all those cost significantly more in Canadian $'s. M9 is $700+ on Amazon up here! Ibasso DX120=$931.55. Hiby over $430. Xduoo over $300. None of these are exactly cheap. In comparison, my Fiio Q1MK2 portable dac/amp runs about $129 and has a balanced out, as well as 3.5 and a line out. Solid metal build, with gold plated output ports, AKM 4490 DAC chip, and good power from the balanced out.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #164 of 5,204
God I love the looks of the S10...

But the S8 is sick as fuuu. Damn smile inducing replay....the joy machines.

In Value:

S6 Rui
S8 Freedom
S10 Genie

In SQ:

S8 Freedom
S6 Rui
S10 Genie

I just sang along using a Sony mic I'm trying to get working for my livestreams. Was listening...trying to see why thefak it wasn't working and Gordo came on and the vocal and sound of guitar strings being picked, pulled and the slide of his fingers sliding just pulled me.

Fak the mic....another day

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #165 of 5,204
God I love the looks of the S10...

But the S8 is sick as fuuu. Damn smile inducing replay....the joy machines.

In Value:

S6 Rui
S8
S10

In SQ:

S8
S6 Rui
S10

I just sang along using a Sony mic I'm trying to get working for my livestreams. Was listening...trying to see why thefak it wasn't working and Gordo came on and the vocal and sound of guitar strings being picked, pulled and the slide of his fingers sliding just pulled me.

Fak the mic....another day
Just for the record you have the S8f right? Not the S8pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back