FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 1, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #121 of 5,204
I read that. But i was referring to the FR posted here:
https://www.chinahao.com/Product/details?num_iid=570447425568

From the description, does it mean to say that S8 Pro has very good bass response at the lowest registers while S8 Freedom is more mids-focussed. Again, not able to understand well, so thought I'll ask.

Btw, noticed that impedance of the two are different (15 ohm vs 26 ohm for freedom). Would be interesting to see if it is like ER4P/ER4S wherein adding impedance can result in S8 Pro sounding like S8 Freedom.
Yeah I saw that too. It’s got to be a misprint. Which is pretty common anymore... from the description the printed FR is the S8pro for both. I’d nearly put money on it lol. I think the Freedom will look much more like the others FR.

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #122 of 5,204
I haven't gotten my pair of S6Rui yet from linsoul. Not even sure they shipped. They certainly don't seem to be in to much of a hurry and it's obviously a case of drop shipping....

Can't wait to see impressions on the S8/10.

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #123 of 5,204
Yeah I saw that too. It’s got to be a misprint. Which is pretty common anymore... from the description the printed FR is the S8pro for both. I’d nearly put money on it lol. I think the Freedom will look much more like the others FR.

I can graph the s8 freedom in a bit but s8 pro not for a few days. I will give brief thought on both tonight in a vid, livestream not sure which? Livestream folks can ask questions

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #124 of 5,204
I can graph the s8 freedom in a bit but s8 pro not for a few days. I will give brief thought on both tonight in a vid, livestream not sure which? Livestream folks can ask questions
Livestream is awesome if it gets put up on the channel right after for those who miss it!

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #125 of 5,204
Livestream is awesome if it gets put up on the channel right after for those who miss it!

Yeah, I might go that route :)

20190302_114742_001.jpg

EDIT: it's S8F

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #126 of 5,204
Yeah, I might go that route :)

/

EDIT: it's S8F
So what's the verdict? S6 still king or the 8 or 10 possibly more special? Given that my order hasn't even shipped, I can probably still switch to the s10.

Mar 2, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #128 of 5,204
20190301_180944_HDR_resized 2.jpg

My S4's arrived today... First impressions are very good. I love the bass texture and presence but never feel like there's any boost to the detriment of the mids.. My only other comparison set are my Noble Katanas which have more detail and air (as they should) and highlight a little bit of a comparative lack of resolution on the S4s but these are really very very good for the price. They've really got a pleasing tuning.

I'll get more used to them and get a better sense on more music.

..man that's a crappy photo... I'll try again later.

*** more listening last night and they really have very good resolving power with lots of spatial cues and nice depth of soundstage. Some of the little details were showing up really nicely.. If the S6 has that last bit of resolution then I think I could happily call that one an end game piece.. ***

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #129 of 5,204
So according to FR S8F would not be my choice over S6RUI but exactly the opposite, okay then. S10 costs 700 usd which is a lot to me and it is not easy to blind buy even with good reviews. I hope S8P tends to be organic / warm/ natural etc. :)

Thank you very much for FR of S8F. Now I defeintely have less options and regrets :) I made the right choice so far I hope.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #130 of 5,204
So according to FR S8F would not be my choice over S6RUI but exactly the opposite, okay then. S10 costs 700 usd which is a lot to me and it is not easy to blind buy even with good reviews. I hope S8P tends to be organic / warm/ natural etc. :)

Thank you very much for FR of S8F. Now I defeintely have less options and regrets :) I made the right choice so far I hope.
The S5T, by the manufacturer graph, is much alike the S8 Pro.

Mar 2, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #131 of 5,204
I've had the S5H for a few days now. To my ears they sound quite balanced, very comfortable, the cable looks great but I didn't like it that much (felt cheap), no chin slider. I like it enough that I would buy it again if something happened to it. Ba's bass are getting better every day and this is no exception, but of course not for bass heads. I've got it paired with a Penon Audio $79 upgrade cable (mixed copper/silver braid) and Spinfit CP100. Outside of my personal dislike of the cable, the iems don't have any lip on the nozzle.

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #134 of 5,204
None of them has lip on the nozzle?
This is the case with 99% of the UIEM designs that transitioned from CIEM, so it's not some kind of a design shortcoming of Fearless. You can get a $2000+ universal empire ears legend x and it won't have a lip too.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #135 of 5,204
My personal taste is not being in a coffee shop, listening to my music and having a ear tip come off in my ear and not be able to get it out. Most of my mid-fi iems have lips and I like it like that. In my opinion, it is a design flaw no matter if it's a $2000+ iem or $50 iem. What is your opinion on why manufacturers go lipless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back