Mar 1, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #106 of 5,201
zW7lLBb.jpg

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #109 of 5,201

Custom options available via Aliexpress

Not available via Amazon

S6 Rui (6BA) below S5H (5BA) above

Will start to add more info later.

Added customization info to 1st post.
Options are available via Aliexpress but not Amazon.

I just got the S10 Genie and S8 Freedom

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #113 of 5,201
I am still wondering why several people received RUI and keep being silent. Are they too harsh/bright? :) Is that what you mean hot? :)
Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to listen to it! Need to work! My first impressions are very positive. But I only listened to it for 2 hrs last night. It feels very natural in its presentation. It’s subjective but I feel like vocals might be just a tad forward compared to DM6 which I like.
Freddie mercury was in my living room last night! It’s a very resolving iem. “High and dry” by Radiohead sounded the best I‘ve heard untill now. Sub bass reminds me of DM6. Similar speed and depth. Didn’t hear anything offensive in the treble yet. Very detailed indeed. So far I’m very impressed with the looks. Fit was a little tricky for me. Definitely need to roll few tips. I noticed that sub bass wasn’t affected by use of the stock foamies compared to the DM6 - I lost the very lows with that one. I hope I have time to listen more today. Smells like end game material for me personally, but need to go through the honeymoon period first. Unfortunately I don’t have my DM6 in my possession anymore to A/B them. Going by memory here. I noticed hiss running it on Dragonfly Red even with the volume all the way down to 0. I mostly use Tidal in Iphone X. Also, no hiss with the Iphone dongle. I might try the Black DF as it has less output voltage. I know a decent dap will solve this but it’s not an option for me. Any suggestions how to deal with this? Impendance adapter?

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #115 of 5,201
Could try the iematch first; ES100 if you want Bluetooth + balanced output + great DACs. The iPhone dongle *is* extremely good though; easily punches well above its weight class.

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #116 of 5,201
From FR and description it looks like S8P must be the most natural sounding among all of their line. Any more impressions on S6RUI?
That’s exactly right. It is near clone FR curve of the 64 audio u18t. That’s an 18 BA beast but I much more looking for that FR than how many BAs it takes to get it. All I know is I am having a very hard time not pulling the trigger on the S8pro...

S8pro default faceplate and stem config is the brushed silver with the clear charcoal color. Aka CD1+ B14 - this is per Linsoul customer support.

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #118 of 5,201
That’s exactly right. It is near clone FR curve of the 64 audio u18t. That’s an 18 BA beast but I much more looking for that FR than how many BAs it takes to get it. All I know is I am having a very hard time not pulling the trigger on the S8pro...

S8pro default faceplate and stem config is the brushed silver with the clear charcoal color. Aka CD1+ B14 - this is per Linsoul customer support.
That's interesting. However based on the FR curves, what is the difference between S8 freedom and pro supposed to be? S10 is supposed to be warmer, right?

@Hawaiibadboy where did you get those s10, s8freedom from?
I am considering s8 or s10, so please do share your impression/comparison on these two.

You can find then in either linsoul or aliexpress (DD Audio Store)

Edit: Those who have ordered so far, you all have opted for universal version right? If so, how has the noise isolation being?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #119 of 5,201
FOR INFO COPIED FROM LINSOUL SITE

S8PRO
has two BA Drivers configurations in ultra-low frequency, medium-low frequency, medium-high frequency and ultra-high frequency, which makes it play well in all frequency bands. The broad sound field performance and thick low frequency dive make its magnificent symphony or It is a gentle and fresh love song with amazing performance, which is a good choice for professional music producers to monitor.

S8FREEDOM has two BA Drivers configurations in ultra-low frequency, medium-low frequency, medium-high frequency and ultra-high frequency, which make it perform well in all frequency bands. The vocal expression of the vocal and the well-balanced tuning of the tri-band make it more resistant to the earphones of the listening style, and the popular atmosphere is more excellent, which is more suitable for listening to music.

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #120 of 5,201
FOR INFO COPIED FROM LINSOUL SITE

S8PRO
has ....

I read that. But i was referring to the FR posted here:
https://www.chinahao.com/Product/details?num_iid=570447425568

From the description, does it mean to say that S8 Pro has very good bass response at the lowest registers while S8 Freedom is more mids-focussed. Again, not able to understand well, so thought I'll ask.

Btw, noticed that impedance of the two are different (15 ohm vs 26 ohm for freedom). Would be interesting to see if it is like ER4P/ER4S wherein adding impedance can result in S8 Pro sounding like S8 Freedom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back