FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 3, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #167 of 5,204
Awesome. Linsoul is taking their time on my order, I just emailed and asked to change my order to the S8F given that $100 is worth it for OCD.

We'll see what I end up getting, but based on your post, they are probably very close and based on personal preference....

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #169 of 5,204
Definitely thinking about the S8 now! (And from what I've read the Freedom is probably the better choice over the Pro for me and most other people who aren't looking for studio monitors.)

@Hawaiibadboy given that the S10 is worse in your opinion in sound quality--and was always guaranteed to be a worse value--any chance that you review the S8 first? I'm curious how it compares to the S6 (and hell, the DM6 too) and am thinking to order maybe this weekend.

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #170 of 5,204
Interested in the S8 and the ACME-8. Hopefully some more info on the ACME in the future. How is the bass response of the S8? Always been dissapointed in BA bass with the exception of the EE Phantom.

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #171 of 5,204
Awesome. Linsoul is taking their time on my order, I just emailed and asked to change my order to the S8F given that $100 is worth it for OCD.

We'll see what I end up getting, but based on your post, they are probably very close and based on personal preference....

Sometimes stuff works out for the better :)

For you, is the S4 a better value then the S6 Rui?

I thought so in Value but after giving these time I think S6 has a level of replay not available on S4 but that takes me in O.C.D, It's real but not sure how "real" that would be in other peoples minds. S5 graphs well but it lacks something? I dunno how to articulate that yet but will by the time I do a vid

Definitely thinking about the S8 now! (And from what I've read the Freedom is probably the better choice over the Pro for me and most other people who aren't looking for studio monitors.)

I thought S6 was gonna confirm my "more BA=....meh" theory. Saw the S10 and drooled. Listened to them all and the one that was not really in my thoughts took me away. So the S8 Freedom is the finest that I have heard so far. Something missing with S10? IDK?

@Hawaiibadboy given that the S10 is worse in your opinion in sound quality--and was always guaranteed to be a worse value--any chance that you review the S8 first? I'm curious how it compares to the S6 (and hell, the DM6 too) and am thinking to order maybe this weekend.

Yeah S8 gets the next vid. If it had same marble caps as S10 I'd be stoked but it's all about the music and S8 freedom......
mmmmm freeeeeeeduuuum /Homer Simpson

I gotta do work prep so I will try to answer more/any Q's later and hopefully get a vid up tonight of the S8 Freedom

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #172 of 5,204
Sometimes stuff works out for the better :)

I thought so in Value but after giving these time I think S6 has a level of replay not available on S4 but that takes me in O.C.D, It's real but not sure how "real" that would be in other peoples minds. S5 graphs well but it lacks something? I dunno how to articulate that yet but will by the time I do a vid

Yeah S8 gets the next vid. If it had same marble caps as S10 I'd be stoked but it's all about the music and S8 freedom......
mmmmm freeeeeeeduuuum /Homer Simpson

I gotta do work prep so I will try to answer more/any Q's later and hopefully get a vid up tonight of the S8 Freedom
Really looking forward to the S8F review. Really intrigued to also see how the response curves compare between the S6 RUI and the S8F...

Looks like this will help me decide my next purchase :)

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #177 of 5,204
Wow, that was quite a bold statement from him then, I can hardly believe that. I could possibly accept though, that their flagship model sounds better, but a 300$ iem? Wondering if someone else also made comparisons with other TOTL iems.

I buy 2,3,$4000 DAP's because it's fun.
I do not invest that cash in IEM because I truly do not believe in it. My borderline mental O.C.D tells me it's not worth it.
The DAP's are not really either but i enjoy trying the latest and greatest. So my money goes there.

The only pricey IEM that has lived past my hyps stage is the Empire Ears LEGEND and that plastic thing is ghetto but the x-over system is an O.C.D dream. Some say it is bassy. Really? Why not try out that x-over and enjoy the true tech that thing offers.

The stuff coming out of China is making the gap that was already small non existent in my opinion.

My music library is always in my review vids. S6 Rui is likely the best value. The S8 Freedom is a Harman(esque) tuning
(a.k.a. : safe) and the build and looks are just the pretty bow on the box. It makes me sit and listen and sing into an unplugged mic. My neighbors surely ad another notch to the that gaijin is crazy image.

I'm looking forward to someone else getting the S8 freedom as much as you are. If they listen to what's in my library I am REALLY excited to hear their thoughts. I gotta work now. I will be as helpful as i can be later tonight.

The S8F with the S10 shell and caps.....mmmmm mmmmmmmm that is ...that woulda been dope.

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #178 of 5,204
Wow, that was quite a bold statement from him then, I can hardly believe that. I could possibly accept though, that their flagship model sounds better, but a 300$ iem? Wondering if someone else also made comparisons with other TOTL iems.

And we all hear differently. I'm certainly not going to sell my Solaris and make room for the S6. For me, the Solaris are pretty magical.

That said, I can understand why the S6 would be a great value if it plays anywhere near the same ballpark.

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #179 of 5,204
Hawaiibadboy- which one has the best bass extension and width?
thanks

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #180 of 5,204
I buy 2,3,$4000 DAP's because it's fun.
I do not invest that cash in IEM because I truly do not believe in it. My borderline mental O.C.D tells me it's not worth it.
The DAP's are not really either but i enjoy trying the latest and greatest. So my money goes there.

The only pricey IEM that has lived past my hyps stage is the Empire Ears LEGEND and that plastic thing is ghetto but the x-over system is an O.C.D dream. Some say it is bassy. Really? Why not try out that x-over and enjoy the true tech that thing offers.

The stuff coming out of China is making the gap that was already small non existent in my opinion.

My music library is always in my review vids. S6 Rui is likely the best value. The S8 Freedom is a Harman(esque) tuning
(a.k.a. : safe) and the build and looks are just the pretty bow on the box. It makes me sit and listen and sing into an unplugged mic. My neighbors surely ad another notch to the that gaijin is crazy image.

I'm looking forward to someone else getting the S8 freedom as much as you are. If they listen to what's in my library I am REALLY excited to hear their thoughts. I gotta work now. I will be as helpful as i can be later tonight.

The S8F with the S10 shell and caps.....mmmmm mmmmmmmm that is ...that woulda been dope.
Linsoul says my s6 is ready to ship but 7-15 days extra for S8f? Worth it? Or take the s6 for now?

No borderline OCD here, diagnosed, medicated and paying double for my life insurance thanks to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back