FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jul 15, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #4,831 of 5,204
I had my eyes on a used pair on ebay for a while. It looks like they're still for sale for $550. That was right at my budget too. I've heard lots of good things about those!
EE iems go on sale for 20% off now and then (sale just ended however) however contact Andrew at Bloomaudio.com to see if he can do anything for you that helps based on drblue's recommendation.....they carry the whole EE lineup, but leading reviewers say the Bravados can perform at 90% of the legend X which has two weapon x subs in it and are many peoples standard for iem bass monsters which are also audiophile level. i believe headphone.com also has open box Bravados now and then at a super discount. good luck in your search for your ideal IEM!!! my bravados are still burning in (up to 14 hours) and getting better every hour!

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #4,832 of 5,204
Being a drummer who wishes he was a bass player, I too, instinctively listen for bass and drums. I owned the the FH5's for a while and enjoyed them very much. When the time came to upgrade I was torn between FH7's, Moondrop S8, and all three of the Fearless S8's. I have no regrets with S8Z's but I usually can only go about 6 months before I start feeling the urge to try something new. Moondrop S8 and FH7 are next.

As you red I love drums. Best drum sound I heard from a IEM I may have heard it with Fiio Fh7 I own a year long now. If you will have it, I would be happy to have your opinion about how peculiarly cymbals and skins sound with it.
I love to listen to Andrew Cyrille and Reggie Workman play Soul Brother, track 01 from a great DIW '90s record ("My Friend Louis"). It is one of a few tracks I generally use to test audio. With Fh7 it sounds awesome; I could never get bored to listen to that drum and bass sound and how these two musicians play together.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #4,833 of 5,204
I had my eyes on a used pair on ebay for a while. It looks like they're still for sale for $550. That was right at my budget too. I've heard lots of good things about those!
Empire have b-stock in themselves at $449 if that helps? Been tempted to try both fearless and empire unis but the chance of them fitting my stupid ears are slim to none so not bothered (he said getting it back on track).

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #4,834 of 5,204
So, my S8F cleared customs and yesterday some courier was at my home. At least that's what is written in the tracking list. Unfortunately I was at home at this time (no note in my post box) and today I was waiting the whole screwing day. In vain! Here is the problem. Begin-Audio, the seller, chose SF-Express and SF-Express is not helpful at all to give me the name of the courier (partner) here in Germany. Otherwise I could contact them to make an appointment. I cannot waste another whole day in front of my window waiting for my package and no one shows up. Now I will wait till the package is on it's way back to Asia and then I call paypal or ebay to get my money back. If you live in Germany be careful if the seller ship's with SF-Express. It looks fast but you have no control over the package once it's on German ground. Ask for DHL instead.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #4,835 of 5,204
So, my S8F cleared customs and yesterday some courier was at my home. At least that's what is written in the tracking list. Unfortunately I was at home at this time (no note in my post box) and today I was waiting the whole screwing day. In vain! Here is the problem. Begin-Audio, the seller, chose SF-Express and SF-Express is not helpful at all to give me the name of the courier (partner) here in Germany. Otherwise I could contact them to make an appointment. I cannot waste another whole day in front of my window waiting for my package and no one shows up. Now I will wait till the package is on it's way back to Asia and then I call paypal or ebay to get my money back. If you live in Germany be careful if the seller ship's with SF-Express. It looks fast but you have no control over the package once it's on German ground. Ask for DHL instead.

Sorry for your troubles. Perhaps you’ll have a change of heart once the frustration dissipates. Maybe the seller can arrange for a different method of shipping when the S8F is returned.

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #4,836 of 5,204
Sorry for your troubles. Perhaps you’ll have a change of heart once the frustration dissipates. Maybe the seller can arrange for a different method of shipping when the S8F is returned.
Thank you. Meanwhile I got the courier's name (UPS) and the new tracking number from the seller (USA) and I found out that they (in Asia) forgot to ad my street address on the label. haha. That's the reason no one showed up. After paying taxes online (surprisingly small amount, which is nice) I expect the S8F on Monday because UPS don't work Saturdays. I will let you know if I got two expensive pebbles instead. :wink: I don't have high expectations that the color of the shells and the faceplates are correct but I could live with that. Every time I buy expensive stuff from Asia it is a thrilling experience. A couple years back I bought 3 fake watches (good ones) for 1000€ with triangle shipping (China-Spain-Germany). That was exciting too. After I transferred 1000€ to a unknown Chinese person via Westernunion, which sounds crazy, Visa disabled my card because they thought someone stole it from me. :) I bought the watches from a seller with a good reputation from a watch-forum and the chance to be ripped off was to a minimum. Crazy thing is: I never wear watches and they are always in my drawer. But they are beautiful, very well made and it was exciting to learn everything (you can read and learn a ton) about high-end fake watches and how to get them. (which is not easy)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-17 um 11.01.23.png

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #4,837 of 5,204
Can you not type the courier tracking number into google to see what comes up?

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #4,838 of 5,204
Thank you. Meanwhile I got the courier's name (UPS) and the new tracking number from the seller (USA) and I found out that they (in Asia) forgot to ad my street address on the label. haha. That's the reason no one showed up. After paying taxes online (surprisingly small amount, which is nice) I expect the S8F on Monday because UPS don't work Saturdays. I will let you know if I got two expensive pebbles instead. :wink: I don't have high expectations that the color of the shells and the faceplates are correct but I could live with that. Every time I buy expensive stuff from Asia it is a thrilling experience. A couple years back I bought 3 fake watches (good ones) for 1000€ with triangle shipping (China-Spain-Germany). That was exciting too. After I transferred 1000€ to a unknown Chinese person via Westernunion, which sounds crazy, Visa disabled my card because they thought someone stole it from me. :) I bought the watches from a seller with a good reputation from a watch-forum and the chance to be ripped off was to a minimum. Crazy thing is: I never wear watches and they are always in my drawer. But they are beautiful, very well made and it was exciting to learn everything (you can read and learn a ton) about high-end fake watches and how to get them. (which is not easy)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-17 um 11.01.23.png
Nice watches, I can see why you bought them.

Glad to hear you’re getting your S8F, it should be a great experience for you. I ordered an S6Rui about two weeks ago, got a message recently that my faceplate option was discontinued, and to please select another. Then Linsoul said it would be another two weeks to get it. I reminded them I was quoted a two week delivery originally, and they responded it will ship next week. Sometimes the squeaking wheel gets the grease ...

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #4,839 of 5,204
Nice watches, I can see why you bought them.

Glad to hear you’re getting your S8F, it should be a great experience for you. I ordered an S6Rui about two weeks ago, got a message recently that my faceplate option was discontinued, and to please select another. Then Linsoul said it would be another two weeks to get it. I reminded them I was quoted a two week delivery originally, and they responded it will ship next week. Sometimes the squeaking wheel gets the grease ...
Unfortunately, sometimes the squeaky wheel gets told that it will get grease in a week, then a week later, gets told it will get grease in a week, then.....on and on. This seems to happen all too frequently. I much prefer honesty.

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #4,840 of 5,204
Unfortunately, sometimes the squeaky wheel gets told that it will get grease in a week, then a week later, gets told it will get grease in a week, then.....on and on. This seems to happen all too frequently. I much prefer honesty.

yes, I agree, honesty is always the best philosophy. Under promise and over deliver.

Jul 17, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #4,841 of 5,204
yes, I agree, honesty is always the best philosophy. Under promise and over deliver.
That’s a huge part of the reason why DHL has so many fans right now. They typically are a few days ahead of schedule with DHL Express.

Jul 20, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #4,842 of 5,204
It took 1 month to get them. A couple hick ups during shipping (beginaudio.com via ebay, cheaper than linsoul) but worth the wait. For me they are a huge step up from my UE TF 10 pro. The 10 pro's sound very muffled compared to the S8F. (and all these years I thought the pro's are endgame IEM's. haha) Today I get the Dunu DK-2001 too. I wonder how they sound compared to the S8F.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-20 um 10.56.44.png

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #4,843 of 5,204
It took 1 month to get them. A couple hick ups during shipping (beginaudio.com via ebay, cheaper than linsoul) but worth the wait. For me they are a huge step up from my UE TF 10 pro. The 10 pro's sound very muffled compared to the S8F. (and all these years I thought the pro's are endgame IEM's. haha) Today I get the Dunu DK-2001 too. I wonder how they sound compared to the S8F.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-20 um 10.56.44.png
What tips are those???

Jul 20, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #4,845 of 5,204
Symbio F. And I tried the Symbio W too. To be honest I prefer the the silicon stock tips that came with the S8F.
I just ordered the Symbio Ws after trying some Comply, SpinFit, and Azlas. So far the best fit/isolation combination seems to be the Comply 400 series I got but I'm still not 100% happy with them sound wise on the S8Zs. Fingers crossed I will find something that meets all my requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back