FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 21, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #3,091 of 5,204
What are you driving it with? I found LX to be complete disaster out of Hiby R6. I'm concerned that even for Roland I will have to upgrade my DAP :fingers_crossed:.Hope not..
Might be an idea with that impedence issue the original r6 had. That or get an iematch to help out.

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #3,093 of 5,204
Might be an idea with that impedence issue the original r6 had. That or get an iematch to help out.
I once built my own iematch type device and found it to be effective to remove hiss on sensitive all BA iem like S8P or Shure846 but iem that is already hard to drive doesn't sound good with it.

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #3,095 of 5,204
Fearless is sending out Roland in the packaging for S10.

"This is to inform you that the package for Roland is still Fearless S10. Please no worries when you receive it. Fearless is still working on the new package for EST. If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Hope you can receive it soon and also share your feedback with us.
Cheers!"

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #3,096 of 5,204
Fearless is sending out Roland in the packaging for S10.

"This is to inform you that the package for Roland is still Fearless S10. Please no worries when you receive it. Fearless is still working on the new package for EST. If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Hope you can receive it soon and also share your feedback with us.
Cheers!"
That was how mine came. Expect a VERY simple package, and test the cable immediately. Mine was bad right out of the box, the third Fearless cable I've tried that was immediately faulty. Really a shame, since the IEMs are so good.

Really, REALLY enjoying the Rolands. They're absolutely unforgivingly accurate. They aren't exactly scalpal sharp and overly critical, but they do unmask tracks something serious. And yet, somehow, they remain musical and impactful across the entire spectrum. I'm unused to this level of performance, and it's intoxicating. I've been listening for 5 hours today, too, so they're also quite comfortable. Leaving them home will be difficult tomorrow morning.

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #3,097 of 5,204
That was how mine came. Expect a VERY simple package, and test the cable immediately. Mine was bad right out of the box, the third Fearless cable I've tried that was immediately faulty. Really a shame, since the IEMs are so good.

Really, REALLY enjoying the Rolands. They're absolutely unforgivingly accurate. They aren't exactly scalpal sharp and overly critical, but they do unmask tracks something serious. And yet, somehow, they remain musical and impactful across the entire spectrum. I'm unused to this level of performance, and it's intoxicating. I've been listening for 5 hours today, too, so they're also quite comfortable. Leaving them home will be difficult tomorrow morning.

can I trouble you to compare with T800? Thanks
how close is T800 in terms of flavor ? 95%?

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #3,098 of 5,204
Aug 21, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #3,099 of 5,204
I usually change the cable right off the bat with most IEM's I get. For years I have used balanced cables, or at least until the DX220/amp9, that was my preferred listening with my DAPS. So, I had every intention of changing the cable.
Thanks for the heads up, have already heard the Fearless cables can be defective.

Glad you are enjoying the Rolands, mine are still in Hong Kong, last I checked.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #3,100 of 5,204
Aug 22, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #3,101 of 5,204
Can i trouble you compare Roland to the S8P?
You bet.

From (recent) memory:

Bass is flatter on the Roland, less midbass warmth, but better impact and subbass quality, quantity and decay are all on another level. It's more "real" and textured down low than the S8P, more audience-side HiFi and less onstage experience. S8P is warmer, Roland more linear.

Roland Mids are more accurate and flexible, more of a "chameleon" than the S8P. The S8P has its own thing and does it really well, while Roland's midrange character changes by the track. For a stage monitor this is less of a good thing- I know exactly how the S8Ps will react- but the Roland is a more interesting listen. Rolands can be mid-forward, while S8P mids always sit within the context of everything else and never emerge fully from the mix.

Highs are more textured and tangible on the Roland, but I think they're similar in extension. There's just so much more apparent detail in the Roland's presentation.

Staging is a strength of both sets.

Of the two, the Roland is a better critical listen, more faithful to source material and a more flexible set. The S8P excels as a stage monitor, and is also an excellent listen, but contributes more of its own color than the Roland.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #3,102 of 5,204
Well family and responsibilities first audio second. My audio fund is still $150 short for Roland so most probably from the next pay I'm getting it.

Little bit bummed out for the packaging and cable, I hope they sort this out soon.

BTW. What type of connectors are on Roland, mmcx or 2pin? Gotta source the cable.

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #3,103 of 5,204
Now I see Fearless models have recessed connectors which makes other cables not flush with iems and a bit loose connection.

Any thoughts on ISN Audio C16 BGGAR is using in the Roland review? And I still don't know is it 2pin or mmcx?

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #3,104 of 5,204
Now I see Fearless models have recessed connectors which makes other cables not flush with iems and a bit loose connection.

Any thoughts on ISN Audio C16 BGGAR is using in the Roland review? And I still don't know is it 2pin or mmcx?

0.78mm 2pin cable. (from the description on Linsoul)

Aug 22, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #3,105 of 5,204
Damn, cant stand 2pin - night almost be a dealbreaker for me... I’ve had too many CIEMs die because of them. The connection gets loose with age, so they start cutting out, and the cable will just randomly disconnect.
I often just let my iems hang over the ear if I’m talking to someone, but I’ve had them just fall off the cable with 2 pin, so i don’t dare do that... it’s beyond me why people still use them - it’s literally just a stick in a hole, with nothing other than friction to secure it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back