FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 17, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #2,986 of 5,204

I received my Roland two days ago, it was purchased from the official Fearless Taobao store and shipped to HK directly. It was delivered within 2 days. I've also ordered E1DA's Poweramp V2 and #9038s. Currently, I own IMR R1, R1Z, Hiby R6 Pro, and ifi iDSD micro. Since the Poweramp V2 and 9038S sounds quite a lot better than R6 Pro and iDSD, my impressions of the Roland are mostly based on the E1DAs.

There was an audio show in HK two weeks ago and audited the EE LX. I was really impressed by the sound quality and was about to purchase it. Then I randomly came across with HBB's reviews on the Fearless earphones and thought the Roland might be an interesting alternative; the only thing I didn't like about the LX was the bass bleeds into the mids. I was thinking to use the EQ to fix it.

Anyhow, here are my impressions so far, mostly based on Hans Zimmer and some trance music.
  • Roland is definitely in the same league as EE LX.
  • The mids and vocals are a lot better than the EE LX, they are more real (3D), accurate, and produce so much more details without sounding harsh at all. (In the Dark - Shelley Harland)
  • Roland lacks the warm-ish signature from EE, it sounds very clean instead. The difference is like lobster bisque and miso soup.
  • At first, it felt like Roland lacks the bass quantity (the slam and punches), which EE LX is known for. But then the Rolands produce more details and quality within the bass, it goes deeper as well.
  • Obviously, the punch/slam effect is not comparable to the IMRs; so I used the HPtoy EQ (that comes with E1DA's Poweramp V2) to adjust the bass output, and the Roland reacts to the adjustment surprisingly well - it slams even harder than IMR R1Z & LX, but with A LOT MORE details. It felt like there were layers of bass sinking into the brain (Hans Zimmer - 2049).
  • The soundstage is quite a bit wider and deeper than LX.
  • HBB's descriptions of the Roland is accurate.
All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase and believe Fearless did a wonderful job with Roland. If you are shopping for flagships from companies like EE, 64Audio, and Noble, I would recommend you to give these Fearless Roland an audition, it will not disappoint you.

Thank you HBB, your recommendations have been great.
how did you buy from Taobao. Is this shipped to States?

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #2,988 of 5,204
He is located in HK.
Oh, i once bought stuff from taobao too. But that time i live at Malaysia. I'll be going back to malaysia soon for good. Not sure if i better wait or the price difference doenst that matter

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #2,989 of 5,204
Oh, i once bought stuff from taobao too. But that time i live at Malaysia. I'll be going back to malaysia soon for good. Not sure if i better wait or the price difference doenst that matter
The best price you could get is directly from their taobao store during a sale with a RMB payment. They charge 3% on foreign payment but it will still be less than the other online retailers.

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #2,990 of 5,204
The best price you could get is directly from their taobao store during a sale with a RMB payment. They charge 3% on foreign payment but it will still be less than the other online retailers.
i will wait for a full review by @Hawaiibadboy and @Turboturbo . Im always ready. Just wait for full reviews. At least 3 reviews that use a lot of comparisons between iems so that I can relate more to what I already hear. Really hope they will have some iems that I had before like andros, isine20, kpe, dm7, comet, etc

Aug 17, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #2,992 of 5,204

I received my Roland two days ago, it was purchased from the official Fearless Taobao store and shipped to HK directly. It was delivered within 2 days. I've also ordered E1DA's Poweramp V2 and #9038s. Currently, I own IMR R1, R1Z, Hiby R6 Pro, and ifi iDSD micro. Since the Poweramp V2 and 9038S sounds quite a lot better than R6 Pro and iDSD, my impressions of the Roland are mostly based on the E1DAs.

There was an audio show in HK two weeks ago and audited the EE LX. I was really impressed by the sound quality and was about to purchase it. Then I randomly came across with HBB's reviews on the Fearless earphones and thought the Roland might be an interesting alternative; the only thing I didn't like about the LX was the bass bleeds into the mids. I was thinking to use the EQ to fix it.

Anyhow, here are my impressions so far, mostly based on Hans Zimmer and some trance music.
  • Roland is definitely in the same league as EE LX.
  • The mids and vocals are a lot better than the EE LX, they are more real (3D), accurate, and produce so much more details without sounding harsh at all. (In the Dark - Shelley Harland)
  • Roland lacks the warm-ish signature from EE, it sounds very clean instead. The difference is like lobster bisque and miso soup.
  • At first, it felt like Roland lacks the bass quantity (the slam and punches), which EE LX is known for. But then the Rolands produce more details and quality within the bass, it goes deeper as well.
  • Obviously, the punch/slam effect is not comparable to the IMRs; so I used the HPtoy EQ (that comes with E1DA's Poweramp V2) to adjust the bass output, and the Roland reacts to the adjustment surprisingly well - it slams even harder than IMR R1Z & LX, but with A LOT MORE details. It felt like there were layers of bass sinking into the brain (Hans Zimmer - 2049).
  • The soundstage is quite a bit wider and deeper than LX.
  • HBB's descriptions of the Roland is accurate.
All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase and believe Fearless did a wonderful job with Roland. If you are shopping for flagships from companies like EE, 64Audio, and Noble, I would recommend you to give these Fearless Roland an audition, it will not disappoint you.

Thank you HBB, your recommendations have been great.

I have been very interested in the EE LX as I have the Bravado so I'm interested in your opinions stated here. I had the S8F, and I think BGGAR's review stating that when he got he was up dancing and singing says a lot about its quality. I am really interested in how real do instruments sound with the Roland. I can understand that they are very technically good as that's what I get from BGGAR's review but I'm confused as well since his latest list puts the T800 in #2 and I thought that it was not very musical. For me it was technically good but was fatiguing and not coherent.
Is the Roland a technical iem or "musical"?
Audiophile qualities and judgements don't necessarily equate to good musical reproduction.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #2,993 of 5,204
I'm interested to know too :) I know this is way premature, but I'd love to see how the roland competes with the Valkyrie. might be replacing my VX for a valkyrie, unless the roland can compete it terms of bass rumble and soundstage :) I'm excited to know

Aug 17, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #2,995 of 5,204
You can be the next Roland owner. We will be very interested in your impression too.
Yes i will. Penon is ordering the stock from Linsoul as the est driver is currently out of stock.

edit: What i messed up. Penon orders from Fearless

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #2,996 of 5,204
Yes i will. Penon is ordering the stock from Linsoul as the est driver is currently out of stock.
According to Linsoul, Fearless is waiting on the drivers, which are currently held up in shipping too. It's a big 'ol chain of patience happening at the worst time for Fearless.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #2,997 of 5,204
According to Linsoul, Fearless is waiting on the drivers, which are currently held up in shipping too. It's a big 'ol chain of patience happening at the worst time for Fearless.
My bad, i meant Penon is ordering from Fearless and waiting for Fearless to get their est stocks. Haha lol that typo is kinda What since both of them are competitors XD

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #3,000 of 5,204
what were your impressions of the valkyries
Not to bassy but was able to tell it was there, it hit when it was supposed to. Mids are very clean with vocals only listened to male vocals with my time with them from Micheal Jackson thriller track in dsd and Gary Clark Jr Pearl Cadillac in hires. Alot of detail in the treble rolled off exactly when I wanted them to. it was not harsh on the ears but provided enough musicality to be satisfying. From what I remember it was not very airy in it's impression between the mids and the treble but the guitar notes on the Gary Clark tracks where on point. Like them alot would have loved to get longer than 15min. The EE wraith where hella boss but I am not willing to pay that price tag, that set was near perfection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back