FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 7, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #256 of 5,204
I think the biggest jump in SQ is from anything to S8F. The 4 and 6R kinda close.
I jump on hype train too quickly...

Just got my R6 and haven't even put it in my ears yet. Made on 3-2-2019.... yeesh. More to come
1551973160498.jpg

Mar 7, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #257 of 5,204

Just got my R6 and haven't even put it in my ears yet. Made on 3-2-2019.... yeesh. More to come
VERY interested in your impressions. Can you please share them. It would be okay for me even after a brief listen. Can't wait to get mine so any piece of information is crucial for me :3

Basically same questions -

Tonality - warm or cold?
Timbre - bright or smooth?
Highs - a lot of air or mediocre?
Vocals - intimate or distanced?
Mids - peaky or smooth?
Bass - focus on mid bass or sub bass?
Overall signature - thick/full or thin?

I know that I have probably made some mistakes here and there with my terminology so please don't judge me :)

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #259 of 5,204
VERY interested in your impressions. Can you please share them. It would be okay for me even after a brief listen. Can't wait to get mine so any piece of information is crucial for me :3

Basically same questions -

Tonality - warm or cold? In between.
Timbre - bright or smooth? A bit bright, but that's not really timbre. Timbre is very good, attack and decay are fast and can replicate whatever they're fed very well.
Highs - a lot of air or mediocre? A medium amount of air. Not the most expansive stage.
Vocals - intimate or distanced? More intimate.
Mids - peaky or smooth? Smooth
Bass - focus on mid bass or sub bass? I've already EQd this section, it sounds pretty natural with no EQ.
Overall signature - thick/full or thin? Thick--ish.

I know that I have probably made some mistakes here and there with my terminology so please don't judge me :)

I've answered in the quote the best I can after 20 minutes listening time do they may change. I'm coming from having my RHA CL2 in my ears all morning.

Additions:
Very detailed, attack and decay is not on the level of the CL2 but better than anything else I've owned.
Picking up some hiss from my hiby r6 pro. They are a bit more sensitive and easy to drive than I expected given their specs.

Overall, very nice. I'll have to do a lot of A-B comparison with my CL2 and IT04, but they're clearly very good. BAs are really getting there in the bass department.

They tow a nice line between detailed and smooth.

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #261 of 5,204
I've answered in the quote the best I can after 20 minutes listening time do they may change. I'm coming from having my RHA CL2 in my ears all morning.

Additions:
Very detailed, attack and decay is not on the level of the CL2 but better than anything else I've owned.
Picking up some hiss from my hiby r6 pro. They are a bit more sensitive and easy to drive than I expected given their specs.

Overall, very nice. I'll have to do a lot of A-B comparison with my CL2 and IT04, but they're clearly very good. BAs are really getting there in the bass department.

They tow a nice line between detailed and smooth.
Sound (forgive the pun) like very nice earphones - congrats! Don't worry about the hype train - next week those of us who ordered the S8F will forget just how nice they are and be looking at the next shiny pebble! Well, except me, I am turning my wallet over to my wife for safe keeping.

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #262 of 5,204
What are people's thoughts on the DM6 versus the S4. Is the S4 worth the extra money or is the DM6 still the value leader?

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #263 of 5,204

Made 3-2-19 and with you in Iowa already? When did you order, where from, and how long did shipping take??

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #269 of 5,204
By the manufacturer graph only, I would pick the S10 instead of the S8F. The S10 seems to have the more polite treble in comparasion with the the others harmanish tuned Fearless (S4, S5H, S6 RUI, S8F). The curve is the most like the Harman OE than the Harman IE. It means that the FR is more close to the speakers measured in flat in a room.
Screenshot_20190307-161255~2.png
images.jpeg

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #270 of 5,204
Made 3-2-19 and with you in Iowa already? When did you order, where from, and how long did shipping take??
Linsoul. Ordered 2-22.
Shipped on Monday. DHL is super fast if you're near any decent sized airport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back