FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 8, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #286 of 5,201
Has anyone compared the S8 Pro to the Freedom?
Site says symphony vs fashionable music..
Anyone have a sense of the differences.

I listen to classical but mostly small chamber groups and solo instruments or some of the newer classical stuff like Olafur Arnalds.

Mar 8, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #288 of 5,201
Are there any reviews coming in from other sources ? I dont doubt they are a great set, but I'd like some more corroboration. Can't see much out there at the moment. No disrespect, but everone seems to have Linsoul review sets.

Mar 8, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #289 of 5,201
Are there any reviews coming in from other sources ? I dont doubt they are a great set, but I'd like some more corroboration. Can't see much out there at the moment. No disrespect, but everone seems to have Linsoul review sets.

That's because Linsoul is helping launch the brand outside China. I should have either the S4 or S6 showing up today if DHL pulls through. Was supposed to show up yesterday, but I guess it was too nice in Cincinnati to move them up to chilly Ontario, lol.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #290 of 5,201
That's because Linsoul is helping launch the brand outside China. I should have either the S4 or S6 showing up today if DHL pulls through. Was supposed to show up yesterday, but I guess it was too nice in Cincinnati to move them up to chilly Ontario, lol.

Ah - makes sense. It looks like Linsoul actively source some gems rather than just taking the next set out of the factory - it's all good. I would havent found bgvp without them but it never hurts to cross check internet sources.

Mar 8, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #291 of 5,201
I won't be reviewing as I'm not a reviewer, but I bought mine from linsoul so its not a review sample.

I have the S6. I'll probably order the S8F as well. And thatll take care of my audio budget for the year (I'll be seeing you all in the classifieds!)

The S6 is very nice. All other BA only sets I've listened to have seemed like they were just missing something somewhere. Not these. This is a goldilocks pair, definitely a crowd pleaser.

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #293 of 5,201
I won't be reviewing as I'm not a reviewer, but I bought mine from linsoul so its not a review sample.

I have the S6. I'll probably order the S8F as well. And thatll take care of my audio budget for the year (I'll be seeing you all in the classifieds!)

The S6 is very nice. All other BA only sets I've listened to have seemed like they were just missing something somewhere. Not these. This is a goldilocks pair, definitely a crowd pleaser.

> And thatll take care of my audio budget for the year (I'll be seeing you all in the classifieds!)

Yikes! Its only March !

My last pair were the DMGs which I really, really enjoy for a thumping listen while i'm at the gym - but recently I dusted off my Grado SR80s and (setting aside the obvious spatial differences) i find they are a little more detailed I think. So a set of IEMs that thump, open up the soundstage a bit and are still more revealing would be close to end game for me. Certainly would be end game money.

JJ

Mar 8, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #294 of 5,201
> And thatll take care of my audio budget for the year (I'll be seeing you all in the classifieds!)

Yikes! Its only March !

My last pair were the DMGs which I really, really enjoy for a thumping listen while i'm at the gym - but recently I dusted off my Grado SR80s and (setting aside the obvious spatial differences) i find they are a little more detailed I think. So a set of IEMs that thump, open up the soundstage a bit and are still more revealing would be close to end game for me. Certainly would be end game money.

JJ
After March it's a buy sell and trade game and mostly getting mileage money for driving my personal car for work. Creative Budgeting is probably a good term...

What I think separates me most from a lot of reviewers is the fact that I only listen to pairs without EQ/DSP for a very short amount of time. I EQ almost immediately. Doing so makes a reviewers job a lot harder to EQ everything to their preferences and remain consistent and objective.

As a pleasure seeker, I say screw that. I try to tap as much potential as I can out of each pair I get, and quickly rid myself of ones I don't care for.

This is why I'm interested in the S10 and why I love my RHA CL2. I think the S10 has potential even if it's out of the box tuning is wonky, and the driver of the CL2 lends itself to just about anything EQ/DSP you want to do.

Mar 8, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #295 of 5,201
After March it's a buy sell and trade game and mostly getting mileage money for driving my personal car for work. Creative Budgeting is probably a good term...

What I think separates me most from a lot of reviewers is the fact that I only listen to pairs without EQ/DSP for a very short amount of time. I EQ almost immediately. Doing so makes a reviewers job a lot harder to EQ everything to their preferences and remain consistent and objective.

As a pleasure seeker, I say screw that. I try to tap as much potential as I can out of each pair I get, and quickly rid myself of ones I don't care for.

This is why I'm interested in the S10 and why I love my RHA CL2. I think the S10 has potential even if it's out of the box tuning is wonky, and the driver of the CL2 lends itself to just about anything EQ/DSP you want to do.

I also EQ but I think reviews should separate out EQ and non-EQ sound. Not everyone has access to equalizer hardware or software. I also sometimes write about modding in my reviews/blog posts too. But I separate that out as well. Can't expect everyone, especially causal users, to go out and buy additional equipment just for EQ or to teardown their product for a small improvement.

I just picked up the RME ADI-2 DAC. It's a audio-tweakers dream piece of hardware. Love being able to EQ everything I own and save it for when I need to pull it up.

Mar 8, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #296 of 5,201
I also EQ but I think reviews should separate out EQ and non-EQ sound. Not everyone has access to equalizer hardware or software. I also sometimes write about modding in my reviews/blog posts too. But I separate that out as well. Can't expect everyone, especially causal users, to go out and buy additional equipment just for EQ or to teardown their product for a small improvement.

I just picked up the RME ADI-2 DAC. It's a audio-tweakers dream piece of hardware. Love being able to EQ everything I own and save it for when I need to pull it up.
I'll have to look that up. I'm actually quite happy with the hiby r6 pro, the mseb is great and the EQ meets my basic needs.

Reviewing is way too much work when so much of the gear that I want has such good resale values. I usually end up paying rental fees essentially....

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #297 of 5,201
Mar 9, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #299 of 5,201
No one with the S10 yet ?

Besides me...I dunno?

So far..

S8 Freedom Best sound
S6 Rui Close, so best value
S5H
S4
S10
START

S6 PRO and S8 PRO should be coming in a day or so

If someone did a quick A/B between S8F and S10 I'd be surprised if anyone chose s10. Vocal is quite different from most of the Fearless. On looks the faux marble caps (s10) are the most gorgeous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back