FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jul 1, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #2,537 of 5,204
Great review, thank you! I wonder if anyone has heard both the Y2K and the QDC VX, and can compare them...
I definitely have heard the QDC Anole VX. The Anole VX (With All Switches Down) has a thinner and resolving presentation while the Y2K-G10 has a full-bodied and smoother expression. It depends on your personal preference I guess. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #2,538 of 5,204
Did some more comparisons, and I really like the Z5 stage. It's more my personal preference though as a basshead who wants a wide stage.
If anyone is interested, I would be willing to trade S8f for xelento, t8 ie mkii, a8, or just sell to finance a lagoon anc.

Im going to go out on a limb here. The Z5 cost $700 bux new. It IS better and more TOTL than the lower end fearless. Under $500. The z5 is really an incredible IEM that should get more cred. It is made in Japan, magnesium shell, 16mm legendary Sony driver along with Sonys super treble BA. People that hear it know and people that don't, stay blissfully unaware what they are missing.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #2,539 of 5,204
Im going to go out on a limb here. The Z5 cost $700 bux new. It IS better and more TOTL than the lower end fearless. Under $500. The z5 is really an incredible IEM that should get more cred. It is made in Japan, magnesium shell, 16mm legendary Sony driver along with Sonys super treble BA. People that hear it know and people that don't, stay blissfully unaware what they are missing.
Below $500 includes some pretty awesome Fearless, just saying :wink:

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #2,540 of 5,204

Was it $700 new when it came out? $400 on Amazon now.

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #2,541 of 5,204
I mean, I agree with @redrol. Z5 is pretty amazing. Another head fier offered me a trade for RHA CL2, so I'm going to try that out, though I will likely end up selling it too. Such is life!

#sonyfanboy

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #2,542 of 5,204
Got my S8F.
I ordered the B-3 color (Transparent Pink) thinking it would come out like this:
xYXyL2p.png

But the actual product was more like wine red:
Qo2Bg3n.jpg

Soundwise...
I don't get all that detail/treble hotness that everyone was talking about. In fact, details fall short of the Moondrop KXXS or iBasso iT01s for me. Treble extension isn't that long...
It's about similar to the DM7 treble/details.
The two feats of the S8F for me are bass and vocals. These are always slamming, in every genre.
I can see why Toranku said S8F is slightly bloated...the bass boost does give it a warm tonality, but it's not completely bloated or mushy. It's a full and fat sound.
The detail thing makes me slightly question if my S8F is different than all the others...?
Also thinking maybe I should've gone with the S8P...

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #2,544 of 5,204
Got my S8F.
I ordered the B-3 color (Transparent Pink) thinking it would come out like this:
xYXyL2p.png

Qo2Bg3n.jpg

Soundwise...
I don't get all that detail/treble hotness that everyone was talking about. In fact, details fall short of the Moondrop KXXS or iBasso iT01s for me. Treble extension isn't that long...
The two feats of the S8F for me are bass and vocals. These are always slamming, in every genre.
I can see why Toranku said S8F is slightly bloated...the bass boost does give it a warm tonality, but it's not completely bloated or mushy. It's a full and fat sound.
The detail thing makes me slightly question if my S8F is different than all the others...?

Think I prefer the wine red! What sort of music do you listen to? Seems a few metalheads have said they think they may prefer the p based on graphs.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #2,545 of 5,204
Got my S8F.
xYXyL2p.png

Qo2Bg3n.jpg

Soundwise...
Not to get into a giant debate here, but the treble extension and clarity of my S8Ps opened up quite a bit after a cable swap. The stock one had a sort of distortion in the high mids and a strong sub bass cut, like the cable wasn't properly constructed, or all the signal wasn't getting through. Maybe try one of the recommended cheaper replacement cables and see if that clears things up for you.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #2,546 of 5,204
Got my S8F.
xYXyL2p.png

Qo2Bg3n.jpg

Soundwise...

I think they botched the order. Notice that the red and pink codes are only 1 number apart..

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jul 2, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #2,547 of 5,204
My local audio store that is a distributor of Fearless for about more or less a year just sold all the demo of an iems from this brand recently and claim that the "Gen2" iems is coming with better build (not really the build per se but new sound tube arrangement or something like that) and slightly different fine tuning (all iems has the same name). Looking at the people in this thread who just got them it seem that the new batch has different case and cable than the earlier batch (that has black cable and round metal case) but I wonder if the iems itself actually has any different in tuning. I mean it would be weird to get all the new demo if the different is just the cable.

Edit- looking back at this thread, people seem to get the silver cable and the new case for quite some time. I wonder the if the "gen2" are always the one that being talk about in here.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #2,548 of 5,204
My local audio store that is a distributor of Fearless for about more or less a year just sold all the demo of an iems from this brand recently and claim that the "Gen2" iems is coming with better build (not really the build per se but new sound tube arrangement or something like that) and slightly different fine tuning (all iems has the same name). Looking at the people in this thread who just got them it seem that the new batch has different case and cable than the earlier batch (that has black cable and round metal case) but I wonder if the iems itself actually has any different in tuning. I mean it would be weird to get all the new demo if the different is just the cable.

Edit- looking back at this thread, people seem to get the silver cable and the new case for quite some time. I wonder the if the "gen2" are always the one that being talk about in here.
when "gen2" is the white/silver cable with this blue "leather" case... then yes :D

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #2,549 of 5,204
when "gen2" is the white/silver cable with this blue "leather" case... then yes :D
Hm, I got curious because someone offer to sell me a used S8p with the old cable so I wonder if I will be missing out on anything if they indeed have different sound.

On other topic, I'm now deciding to get either the S8p or the new Fiio FH7. I only heard the S8p and I quite like it but never the FH7 so could anyone who have listen to both make a short comparison? Thank you.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #2,550 of 5,204
Hm, I got curious because someone offer to sell me a used S8p with the old cable so I wonder if I will be missing out on anything if they indeed have different sound.

On other topic, I'm now deciding to get either the S8p or the new Fiio FH7. I only heard the S8p and I quite like it but never the FH7 so could anyone who have listen to both made a short comparison? Thank you.
i dunno if there is a difference in sound , but the package with the metal case was the first batch, i asked fearless if i could get a metal case instead of this blue one... they replied that was "the old" package

Users who are viewing this thread

Back