FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 22, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #1,621 of 5,204
Hi,
Can someone confirm that there is almost no difference in sound between S6RUI and S8F? I already have DM6 and Kanas Pro. Do you think S6RUI or S8F will be a good upgrade?
I'm also hearing excellent feedback about Solaris, but the price is sooo high. I don't know if someone can give a comparison between the sound in Solaris and Fearless
Thanks

Apr 22, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #1,622 of 5,204
My S10 Genie were sent out so I would be able to share my impressions soon :) I have also received my replacement pair of Kinera Odin and even though I got the idea why S6RUI were hyped. After direct comparison and more time with Odin I can see that Odin are above in terms of what they can deliver. It takes some time to adapt to sound but once you do for the same sound frequeincies which are colored by RUI in a similiair way Odin can do more rich and more vivid and distinguish them. There are a bit more high frequincies in S6RUI but level of detail is similair due to etymotic drivers being used in Odin. In any case I like both but so far sold S6RUI since there is no point in keeping them when I have Odins and await for S10.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #1,623 of 5,204
My S10 Genie were sent out so I would be able to share my impressions soon :) I have also received my replacement pair of Kinera Odin and even though I got the idea why S6RUI were hyped. After direct comparison and more time with ODin I can see that Odin are several levels above in terms of what they can deliver. It takes some time to adapt to sound but once you do for the same sound frequincies which are colored by RUI in the same or simialiair way Odin can do more rich and more vivid.

I have both sets and have zero idea about what several levels means? The ODIN are not even an item I would rec.

Enjoy. Several levels.:thinking:

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #1,624 of 5,204
I have both sets and have zero idea about what several levels means? The ODIN are not even an item I would rec.

Enjoy. Several levels.:thinking:

I have edited original message before your reply by the way so it would not sound so overexaggerated. I simply meant better.

I can only see that you have made some review on your channel for IDUN which costs around 100 USD. Odin is a 800 USD flagship from Kinera.

Are you sure we are talking about the same model here? :)

As for several levels - let's say that frequency response from S6RUI gives coloration to pretty much everything there is in the song and it does it in bad way making many songs sound similair and many different song elements lack their individuality. Despite Odin not being too bright once your brain adapts to it's sound it does not give any actual coloration. The only thing I'd say it may lack is a bit of air and they are not for people who loves "Andromeda like" style of tuning with peaky treble. Other than that everything is there, including all the details and rich beatiful tones of different sound elements.

I have had a brief listen for DM6 by the way. In comparison to RUI they also lack air, have emphasized sibilance region and their bass is not controlled as good. Reason I mention them is that Kinera Odin are like DM6 being done right on steroids, no sibilance peak, more controlled bass. They both have less treble peak compared to S6RUI though.

Only thing is that you have lots of choice at 800 USD so hard to recommend something at that price range.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,626 of 5,204
bass not controlled on the Dm6? Im not hearing that.
It is fine for the price. I am speaking more of an "in comparison". Edited original message.

I did not mean to offend anyone. It just ended up that S6RUI are not my preferred tuning due to some issues here and there. That's the reason I sold them and now ordered S10. I am curios what Fearless achieved with them.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #1,627 of 5,204
dm6 not airy? compared to? if fidue a83 has an airy sound and wide soundstage..dm6 blows a83 in the water. so how is it that its not airy? dm6 bass is good.. never thought of it as a balqnced driver.. treble is airy imho and the soundstage is as wide as fidue a83..

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #1,629 of 5,204
LMka: OMG, you dared to give some constructive criticism about the dm6. Shame on you.
Well, more like each was expressing - with different levels of passion - their opinions :).

With so many sound signature preferences / tastes, so many variables (music genre, tip selection, tip insertion, seal, hearing health, upstream hardware, quality of the music tracks, experience which makes someone accustomed to a sound), and so many different IEMs available, there’s bound to be a mismatch of opinions :)

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #1,631 of 5,204
jsmiller58: I agree, it's just that the zeal expressed by some, gets to me sometimes. We all should remember that these are no more than personal opinions about earphones. It's not a matter of love and war or life or death, I would think.
Yep!! I agree... usually expressed opinions should be tagged with the equivalent of “IMO” to avoid misunderstandings!

Apr 22, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #1,633 of 5,204
I had the DM6 and liked it but sold it because of the midrange(?) which I had to EQ. Great bass and treble to me. The only way I can explain what I didn't like is from the example when BGGA did the video comparing the Kanas,Tansio, and DM6. Elton John sounds to me like he's standing behind the drums singing. The drums are crystal clear but at the expense of the vocals. I don't understand how that is because I can't tell from a graph or as sense of the frequencies how that is happening but it's an example of what I heard with most songs.
Anyway...

Audio is one of those things where you can almost force yourself to like something over another based on the "investment" into it. You can like a company or a colour or a design or the tech and just draw the shades over what you are actually hearing. I was like that with the Andromedas for a while. Just not my flavour even if they did most things right. Had the Jupiter had less of a scoop in the mids, I would have like them more.. Ultimately they both left. The fact that the Fearless S8F is the price it is is part of the reason I can't imaging ever selling it. They are (to me) every bit as good as the Andromeda and I'm now struggling to get rid of my emotional attachment to my Noble Katanas to make me keep them in light of comparison to the S8F. The only difference leading to a preference is the presentation wherein the Katanas have a bit more "space" to the soundstage. There are more present details in the S8F but that is partly tuning (or sensitivity) because they are there in the Katanas, just further back and a little less present...
The beauty of the S8F for me is that they don't do this with a sense of a "parlour trick" wherein there is a big honeymoon stage and then I get bored of them. Some iems/headphones gave me a "Wow" and became interesting because of how they produced "sounds" over "music". The HD800 was like that for me with that weird spherical soundstage where I felt like I was in space, floating in a cloud of the performance. It was eerie but ultimately unsettling. Great headphones but not for me.
Factor in the price of the Fearless line and they are just great. But as they say, this is just IMHO.. :wink:

I am curious of the S12 and what they do. I am having a hard time imagining what direction they could go to make the S8F better without just being "different".

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #1,634 of 5,204
jsmiller58: I agree, it's just that the zeal expressed by some, gets to me sometimes. We all should remember that these are no more than personal opinions about earphones. It's not a matter of love and war or life or death, I would think.
Did you see headphonics rated it an 8.2?
Basically like a D+ for them. I haven't checked that thread in a while as I'm only interested in the DM7/new stuff but I can't imagine the reaction to that review is kind. Be interesting to see what they think of other products that aren't from their regular sources like these.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #1,635 of 5,204
[sarcasm]No SIR. You are WRONG ON THE INTERNET. There is NO going back for YOU![/sarcasm] :cop:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back