FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 22, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #1,651 of 5,204
Do you skip the wax guard on those comply tips?

Bet that thing will be BA to the 12th power. Glad to see some other reviews coming in. I am still becoming more and more fond of this S6Pro set. More I listen the more I am just like wow this is totally clean and clear. You are right in your review, only weakness(if it can be called that) is the bass in that it isn’t hyped at all. It’s what I would call totally neutral which is great for studio. Takes eq like a champ so if I need a bit of thump and rumble I can sprinkle that in.

Comfort on these are great too with comply tips. The shell fits the outside my ear near perfect which is great too.
Yes on the wax guard. I ended up cutting them out of my other Comply tips, and I could hear a difference, so why not? :)

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #1,652 of 5,204
Point taken SIR!

Love to hear your thoughts on the S12/whatever and super interested in your upcoming DAP reviews, too. Been following the DX150/ R6 PRo saga for a bit. Appreciate all the work you're putting in on those!

DX220 should be here any day now. Will be interesting to pair the S8F and DM7 with that :)

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #1,653 of 5,204
DX220 should be here any day now. Will be interesting to pair the S8F and DM7 with that :)
I'm VERY excited to hear about that one. This next purchase will be my first high end portable DAP- the rest of my stuff is stationary and has a bunch of faders :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #1,654 of 5,204
So I got my CCA C16s today and wow, they sound great for sub $100 iems. Lots of bass and separation but peaks roll off too early and resolution isn't that great. A bit murky but the overall presentation is pleasant compared to the detailed beast the FA's offer. But if i wasn't spoiled by the S8pro, this is something that I would be satisfied.

Now I'm interested in the DM6 and the Toneking T88K. I was really shooting for the 8BA in different price points comparo and pitched the idea to BGGAR but I guess it doesn't have much interest and no traction.

CCA C16 @ $90
BGVP DM6 @ $199
Toneking T88K @ $399
Fearless Audio S8F/Pro @ $499
Moondrop A8 @ $599

All sport 8BA per side but the price difference is ..

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #1,655 of 5,204
What about the Pelican 1010 Micro Case? I have EVERY pelican Micro Case and the 1010 Micro Case is the PERFECT case for IEM's + cable, whether it's a 16-core or 8-core ultra thick cable and regardless of the IEM's size.

For around $15/Shipped on eBay, you can't go wrong with that case IMO :wink:
I'm really tempted, but I'm concerned about whether or not it will allow me to stash my set loosely enough. I wanna just coil up that big hose of a cable with the iems inside the case, without risking a snapped 2 pin. I also want the cable to just unwind and fall, without any "janky-ness", if you know what I mean. Right now, this little zipper case I'm using forces me to compact everything. Do you think that the Pelican 1010 will give me what I'm looking for?

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #1,656 of 5,204
Yes on the wax guard. I ended up cutting them out of my other Comply tips, and I could hear a difference, so why not? :)
I've got Complys too, and I was thinking of doing this to open up the sound on my KanasPro. Does this minor surgery make much of a difference?

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #1,657 of 5,204
I'm really tempted, but I'm concerned about whether or not it will allow me to stash my set loosely enough. I wanna just coil up that big hose of a cable with the iems inside the case, without risking a snapped 2 pin. I also want the cable to just unwind and fall, without any "janky-ness", if you know what I mean. Right now, this little zipper case I'm using forces me to compact everything. Do you think that the Pelican 1010 will give me what I'm looking for?
1010 should be great for that. If you really want something roomier, without really any significant more cost (Amazon-US price difference is only around $1) try out the 1020 - should have room for the IEMs to go in very loosely, and even room for a second cable and an adapter (like 2.5mm to 4.4mm).

The only issue is any of these Pelican cases are going to be big. You might be able to carry one in a large coat pocket, otherwise you would want to keep them in a bag when you want to walk about with them.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #1,658 of 5,204
I've got Complys too, and I was thinking of doing this to open up the sound on my KanasPro. Does this minor surgery make much of a difference?
In my experience it is noticeable, but not transformative. You will notice a bit more on top, a little more detail, a little less "woof." I'd liken it to pre and post invasive ear cleaning if you keep your ears fairly clean to begin with :wink:

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #1,659 of 5,204
1010 should be great for that. If you really want something roomier, without really any significant more cost (Amazon-US price difference is only around $1) try out the 1020 - should have room for the IEMs to go in very loosely, and even room for a second cable an an adapter (like 2.5mm to 4.4mm).

The only issue is any of these Pelican cases are going to be big. You might be able to carry one in a large coat pocket, otherwise you would want to keep them in a bag when you want to walk about with them.
Thanks! I'm gonna price them both on Amazon, and then make a choice. Like the idea of a bit more room (1020 might be more appropriate) since I'm getting an adapter cable that will convert 2.5 mm balanced to 3.5 mm single ended, which will ride with me when I want to demo a dap that only has single ended output. Thanks again...really appreciate your input! I don't care too much about size, since my gear will travel with me in a backpack, or something similar.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #1,660 of 5,204
In my experience it is noticeable, but not transformative. You will notice a bit more on top, a little more detail, a little less "woof." I'd liken it to pre and post invasive ear cleaning if you keep your ears fairly clean to begin with :wink:
Haha! Ok, well I do my best to keep my ears clean myself...I don't get them professionally cleaned, though. Maybe I should, though. In any case, I thank you for your advice. I bought this 3 pack of Comply tips last year, and I paid around $26 CDN on Amazon...to be honest, they haven't really "wowed" me. Besides being rough and uncomfortable, they mute the highs alot. Only thing is: they improved the bass and gave really good isolation. My New Bee tips give me better comfort, same isolation and don't veil the mids and highs. But since I paid $11 more for the Complys, I still wanna get some use from them. I'm gonna do the surgery!

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #1,661 of 5,204
So I got my CCA C16s today and wow, they sound great for sub $100 iems. Lots of bass and separation but peaks roll off too early and resolution isn't that great. A bit murky but the overall presentation is pleasant compared to the detailed beast the FA's offer. But if i wasn't spoiled by the S8pro, this is something that I would be satisfied.

Now I'm interested in the DM6 and the Toneking T88K. I was really shooting for the 8BA in different price points comparo and pitched the idea to BGGAR but I guess it doesn't have much interest and no traction.

CCA C16 @ $90
BGVP DM6 @ $199
Toneking T88K @ $399
Fearless Audio S8F/Pro @ $499
Moondrop A8 @ $599

All sport 8BA per side but the price difference is ..
I've been looking at the CCA C16 too, to use as a cheaper set of daily drivers to my KanasPro. BGGAR just did an unbox/initial impressions post on his YouTube channel on the KZ ZS10 PRO. Someone asked in the comments about a comparison between the ZS10 PRO and the CCA C16, and he recd the ZS10 PRO over the C16. Hope he does the review soon, cause if the KZ is really better, then I could save myself over $60. I've read alot of good reviews on the C16, but man...$60 is a fair bit of coin in my world!

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #1,662 of 5,204
My 1010 holds my S8Fs with a big-ass 4-core cable, my ES100, and a little baggie of extra tips. If anything, I wish it were a little tighter of a fit... I posted it earlier in this thread, but I'll edit the pic into this post in a few

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #1,663 of 5,204
Definitely looking forward to the S12 review... I've decided to sell my Noble Katanas and looking at the S12 if it seems warranted.

I've got a ZX300 on the way and a Linsoul 4.4mm cable. The LGv30 has been good but I'm hoping to push my S8F to another level.

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #1,664 of 5,204
My 1010 holds my S8Fs with a big-ass 4-core cable, my ES100, and a little baggie of extra tips. If anything, I wish it were a little tighter of a fit... I posted it earlier in this thread, but I'll edit the pic into this post in a few
Awww, crap! Now you got me swinging to the 1010 again! Ok...you guys have me convinced...I'm gonna pull the plug on the 1010. It's less expensive than the 1020 and I think it will give me what I'm looking for. Thanks sooo much for all the input. Y'all are the best!

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #1,665 of 5,204
Definitely looking forward to the S12 review... I've decided to sell my Noble Katanas and looking at the S12 if it seems warranted.

I've got a ZX300 on the way and a Linsoul 4.4mm cable. The LGv30 has been good but I'm hoping to push my S8F to another level.
Please let us know what you think of your new Sony. I'm so deep into this iem thing now, I'm gonna sell all my over ears to fund a dap. Really like the Sony stuff, but I'm leaning more towards a Hiby R6 Pro. I have the Hiby Music app on my phone, and I just love the sound and the EQ options. Imo, the only thing better is a Lotoo...but I cant afford THAT beast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back