FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 18, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #1,546 of 5,204
So you EQ'd the bass to give it more impact and the treble so it doesn't peak so soon? Yeah that really feels like the s8pro
Yeah they are very minor adjustments. More fine tuning than truely messing with the nature of the curve itself. I am going to experiment with tips but I am not expecting much difference from the foams I’ve been using to test. S8pro, as far as graph has elevated bass and treble beyond what my adjustments have but could definately see the elevation of both make the S8Pro sound more like a 2.1 studio setup. In regard to studio subs, it’s just to fill out the low end, not be an LFE(though my sub does have an LFE setting). I just look for well presented even sound throughout the tonal spectrum.

HBB was right when he said these take EQing really well.

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #1,547 of 5,204
Hi there,

Got the Symbio W tips for my S8F this morning. I put them against my favorite tips, the Final E tips. A few pictures first:

IMG_20190418_213147.jpg
IMG_20190418_212927.jpg
IMG_20190418_212814.jpg

My portable audio set-up being mentioned in my signature, I just want to add that the music selection listened for the comparison is eclectic, from classical to OST, Dub, Electronic, Ambient, Vocalists, 80's 90's Pop and Jazz.

To make it short w/o to much read:

SYMBIO W
- Confort is supreme. Unbeatable for my ears. Maybe 10-15% better than the Final E
- Bigger tip hole (ouverture) than the Final E, slightly wider soundstage with crispier sound and amazing detail retrieval
- SS became a tad brighter, but not sibilant, I insist on that.
- Bass is tight and precise
- Mids took a very faint step back, but not recessed in any kind
- 3 pairs of tips for USD 15.-, this is very cheap for getting that confort level and this built quality, as the Symbio W seem to be made to last forever

Verdict: 9/10

FINAL E
- The slight narrower tip hole brings a bit of warmth in the SS, which is welcomed for me and that kind of revealing IEMs. The details are not sacrified, though.
- The Final E tips are solid but not as solid as the Symbio W
- Bass hits a bit harder and is even tighter than with the Symbio W
- Mids are more forward, but we are talking personal taste here
- Treble is airy, never harsh and smoother than with the Symbio W

Verdict: 9/10

So what then? 9/10 for both. Yes. The Symbio W and Final E totally outclassed any tips I tried with the S8F so far, meaning the JVC Spiral Dots, the Sony Silicon and triple confort and the Fearless stock ones.

Hey guys, you can get 2 slightly different sound flavours with an USD 30.- investment. They are not night and day, but depending on your music taste and SS preferences, they do make a differences. Much more than a fancy cable IMO. Buy both if you can and experiment yourself. In any case, Final and Symbio just nailed the tips topic. Bravo!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #1,548 of 5,204

Should I still be excited about opening this?
Yes, but excited will you be while listening to these babies. Welcome to the club :)

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #1,549 of 5,204
I might order another set of symbios; may be moving soon so long shipping times become a problem, though. The Comply tips I got 1. isolate incredibly well, and 2. stay in my fscking ears which is great, but I swear I'm not getting as impactful bass, at the very least.

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #1,550 of 5,204
I might order another set of symbios; may be moving soon so long shipping times become a problem, though. The Comply tips I got 1. isolate incredibly well, and 2. stay in my fscking ears which is great, but I swear I'm not getting as impactful bass, at the very least.
Comply foam, as good as they are regarding isolation, give a veil to the sound IMO. I stopped using them a while ago because of that. Now, if a good seal and isolation are priorities, then they are the way to go.

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #1,551 of 5,204
Comply foam, as good as they are regarding isolation, give a veil to the sound IMO. I stopped using them a while ago because of that. Now, if a good seal and isolation are priorities, then they are the way to go.

I take the foam out of the symbio tips. Way more comfy to me, and they dont sound like complys do when the foams are gone.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #1,552 of 5,204
yeah does anybody in the continental US have a pair of medium symbios i could buy off of them? the shipping delay is too long for me to buy another pair :|

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #1,554 of 5,204
yeah does anybody in the continental US have a pair of medium symbios i could buy off of them? the shipping delay is too long for me to buy another pair :|
I do. I would be happy to send them to you for free (I have an unused set of mediums from before I realized I needed large). PM me an address and I will send them to you.

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #1,555 of 5,204
Just got Symbio W today ...
I totally agree with @F700 I also have Sony triple comfort (EP-TC50M) but don't like them that much. (I have a seal problem with them)
Maybe I will try Final-E but my custom is coming soon ... so might not buy any more tip.

@mr.karmalicious I bought them last week on 4/8/19 get it today (4/18/19) around 10 days ...so it's not that bad.

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #1,556 of 5,204
Just got Symbio W today ...
I totally agree with @F700 I also have Sony triple comfort (EP-TC50M) but don't like them that much. (I have a seal problem with them)
Maybe I will try Final-E but my custom is coming soon ... so might not buy any more tip.

@mr.karmalicious I bought them last week on 4/8/19 get it today (4/18/19) around 10 days ...so it's not that bad.
If you have the Symbio W and if you like it, you don't really need Final E tips IMO

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #1,558 of 5,204
Does anyone know where i can buy these Final E tips? Can't seem to find them anywhere..
I live in Sweden so i guess worldwide shipping is necessary

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #1,559 of 5,204
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #1,560 of 5,204
Does anyone know where i can buy these Final E tips? Can't seem to find them anywhere..
I live in Sweden so i guess worldwide shipping is necessary

Hifiheadphones.co.uk have the clear ones and should ship to Sweden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back