FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 16, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #1,532 of 5,204
Do someone know , what Kind of cable the stock are ? Silver plated? Or even pure silver ? I actually like the sound out of the QP2R with it , would try to get the same kind as balanced
The conductivity is awesome. If they aren't at least very high grade OCC/SPC I'd be shocked.

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #1,534 of 5,204
I got the cheaper international version from Amazon but it was still more than double the cost of the S8F.... I love Sony but it feels like their prices are going in the wrong direction considering the quality of the emerging competition...

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #1,535 of 5,204
I got the cheaper international version from Amazon but it was still more than double the cost of the S8F.... I love Sony but it feels like their prices are going in the wrong direction considering the quality of the emerging competition...
I saw u got the M11 , how is the sound with the M11 and S8F ?

Ps: the new tips aren’t arrived yet ....

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #1,536 of 5,204
Apr 17, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #1,538 of 5,204
Apr 17, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,539 of 5,204
What causes that, a non-negligible output impedance from the source? The S8s are ridiculously sensitive, which doesn't help I guess. I don't really get any on my ES100, which is a bit under an ohm I believe.

Apr 17, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #1,540 of 5,204
IMG_2998.JPG IMG_3003.JPG IMG_3004.JPG IMG_3001.JPG
Have not had a chance to put them on but wow. Just like I wanted them, S6Pro is right on the BA and everything is so so clean and clear. Way to go Yoyo. Will report back on my eval with graph.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #1,541 of 5,204
What causes that, a non-negligible output impedance from the source? The S8s are ridiculously sensitive, which doesn't help I guess. I don't really get any on my ES100, which is a bit under an ohm I believe.
I have the same hiss issue with the S8F (and to a lesser extent my DM6) output from my R6 Pro. That DAP has OI well under 1 ohm...

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #1,542 of 5,204
Fearless S6Pro UPDATED - Only issue I have with this set, which I need some more time to mentally adjust to, is the small peak at 4.5khz. I EQ it out pretty easily by dropping the 4khz 1.5db. This does highlight verge of sibilants, or what would be if the set didn't tame that frequency so well, but on some tracks it is a bit much for me to "relax in the click" when testing this out as a stage IEM. As time goes on this really isn't a big issue and may still be resolved with tip rolling. I need more time to adjust to the sound signature, but I wouldn't call it shouty but sizzle. The bass is present and very accurate. I got new tips for these and it really cured the minor bit of bass issue I had. It could easily be older worn out foamies giving me a not so tight seal.

Will keep this here and can reference the difference in the chart as it does add a bit more stability to the bass:
With a minor EQ tweak gives a bit of firmness. A 1.5db bump at 125hz, 1.5db bump at 64HZ and 1.5db at 32Hz helps bring out the bass lines in a stable and well presented manor. More testing will need to be done.

Both these adjustments are really salt and pepper and really could come down to how my ears perceive the sound. Someone else may think these adjustments are not needed. Really the only thing that I see consistently with this series, and knew it would more than likely bother me going in, is that small elevation in the 4Khz area. If it was just brought down a bit this would be a true golden set. With ever so slight EQ this is as close to studio monitor sound as I could ever want to get.

Here are my measurements which sync up pretty well to HBB but I do not have as nice a setup as him. Dayton Audio imm-6 with calibration file in AudioTools. Small tube connecting IEM with foam tips(just like HBB old setup). Using Crinale's PPN file out of my Focusrite Forte. Don't put to much weight on anything past 7khz and up, it is not accurate with this setup.

As far as how I determined what I believe to be "reference" is by ABing my fully calibrated studio 2.1 setup. A pair of JBL LSR 305 and one LSR310s subwoofer. Playing these at 85/90DB and then ABing the setup. After getting new tips and spending some more time with a larger amount of music, the stock S6pro, is near identical 1:1 in sound.

This is really what I am after for my studio situation. Something I can trust and not really have to think about when I track at night or when I am playing to a click. Wondering what the S8Pro would be like I took some time to EQ a close enough curve to get a taste. I am positive this is not going to sound the same but just to get an idea it works well. It also really shows how well the S6Pro takes EQ. What ever you give it, it takes. If I give it 3DB boost it gives me a 3DB boost. And it does it all cleanly without breaking a sweat. Pretty fun to play around with really. Even though I am more a vanilla EQ with ever so slight adjustments like you saw me note above. BUT this thing can do the heavy EQ thing.

I ran the "Ultimate Headphones Test" various tests on their site and confirm that these things have audible bass to 10hz(at which it stops the test) and believe it goes even lower. Check the site out if you haven't. Just be careful with your volume!

Updated Graphs with a bit better full spectrum picture.

IMG_3038.JPGS6Pro Right

IMG_3045.JPGS6Pro Left

IMG_3047.JPG S6Pro compensated EQ(see above)

IMG_3043.JPG *just for fun* This is just to show how well these really can be EQed. No distortion at all at this level. Made a pho S8Pro FR graph. Can say if the S8Pro sounds like this it would be a very good stage monitor.

IMG_3022.JPGHand Held quick measurement of JBL305/310s in room - pretty down and dirty measurement but gets the idea across. This is how I evaluate things as studio reference. If they match up with this. May not be the best way to do it but the above pretty well mimics what I hear in my room as "flat".

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,543 of 5,204
So you EQ'd the bass to give it more impact and the treble so it doesn't peak so soon? Yeah that really feels like the s8pro

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #1,544 of 5,204
Fearless S6Pro - Only issue I have with this set, which I need some more time to mentally adjust to, is the small peak at 4.5khz. I EQ it out pretty easily by dropping the 4khz 1.5 to 3db depending. This does highlight verge of siblance but it is a bit much for me to "relax in the click" when testing this out as a stage IEM. The bass is present but just a little more weak than I was anticipating. A 1.5db bump at 125hz, 3db bump at 64HZ and 1.5db at 32Hz helps bring out the bass lines in a stable and well presented manor. More testing will need to be done. But really the only thing that I see consistently with this series, and knew it would more than likely bother me going in, is that small elevation in the 4Khz area. If it was just flattened out it would be a golden set. With ever so slight EQ this is a very nice set overall.

Here are my measurements which sync up pretty well to HBB but I do not have as nice a setup as him. Dayton Audio imm-6 with calibration file in AudioTools. Small tube connecting IEM with foam tips(just like HBB old setup). Using Crinale's PPN file out of my Focusrite Forte. I don't really think the 8khz and up and lower bass is all that accurate with this setup.

As far as how I determined what I believe to be "reference" is ABing my fully calibrated studio 2.1 setup. A pair of JBL LSR 305 and one LSR310s subwoofer. Playing these at 85DB and then ABing the setup. With the EQ adjustments I stated above, it is near identical in sound. This is really what I am after. Something I can trust and not really have to think about when I track at night or when I am playing to the click. Wondering if the S8Pro would of been the better option for me but seeing as it has a larger elevation in treble it may be to much, even with the bass balancing it all out. Will be trying this out with the Behringer P16 EQ to see how close I can get to ideal in a week or so.

S6Pro Right

S6Pro Left

S6Pro compensated EQ(see above)

Hand Held quick measurement of JBL305/310s in room - pretty down and dirty measurement but gets the idea across. This is how I evaluate things as studio reference. If they match up with this. May not be the best way to do it but the above pretty well mimics what I hear in my room as "flat".
Dude awesome post and information. I too compare to JBL LSRs as my reference. I have a bluesky 12" studio subwoofer as well. I've only been comparing with my ears but your measurement verifies what I thought I was hearing very nicely it makes me feel better about my opinions, haha. Thank you very much!

Apr 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,545 of 5,204
s8F box.jpg

Should I still be excited about opening this?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back