Fall Los Angeles / So. Cal meet?
Jan 14, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #241 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
how about we just skip setting up portable gear to save space
very_evil_smiley.gif

Depends on how you define portable.

We could always stack the tower of stuff like at the last meet. Although this one would be pretty tall. And too expensive to risk this time.
wink.gif

-Ed

Jan 14, 2004 at 7:49 PM Post #243 of 295
speaking of space.... you sure we can all fit there Vikram? you were talking about how you can hold "7 comfortably, maybe 10" and now we're up to what? 16? 17?

I don't know how big your apt is, but if there's too many people, you need to start shaving the list. I don't want you getting busted by your landlord or something just because there are too many of us who want to play w/audio toys.

Jan 14, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #245 of 295
It is too bad that a larger space is not available. I think that there might even be a contigent of Bay Area folks would come down -- it sounds like it has the potential to be a really wonderful meet!

Jan 14, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #250 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by Jasper994
Sounds cool, bring it along, can't hurt... I'd like to hear SACD anyway... I've got the Norah Jones hybrid that I could pop in and maybe I'll pick up the Diana Krall one too so we can compare the DVD-A to the SACD.

Will do!
cool.gif

--Andre

Jan 15, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #251 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by AC1
Didn't even make the list, how sad, maybe the OmegaIIs werent good enough to make it.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Looks like a full house though already.

Oops...must have missed your post somehow. I haven't heard any confirmation from nanahachi or smokey, so you're most welcome to come.

Jan 15, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #252 of 295
Hmmm, I'm thinking about going too...

Jan 15, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #253 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
speaking of space.... you sure we can all fit there Vikram? you were talking about how you can hold "7 comfortably, maybe 10" and now we're up to what? 16? 17?

I think there's about 10 or 11.

Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
I don't know how big your apt is, but if there's too many people, you need to start shaving the list. I don't want you getting busted by your landlord or something just because there are too many of us who want to play w/audio toys.

You know the main problem isn't with the space...my apartment is fairly spacious. The problem might be for everyone to find parking (how many cars are we expecting?) and also setting up the stuff. My dining table is about 5'X3', as is my desk (the monitor is on my desk, and will be used for Iron_Dreamer's PC). I also have a small coffee table, about 2'X2', and a small unit that has my roommate's TV and X-Box which will accomodate about 4-6 sources or large amps if stacked. But considering how much gear people are planning on bringing, there might not be enough space to set up everything at the same time.

MY apartment manager is a sweet lady. Since we're going to be using phones, and not running around in excitement (I hope :p), it should be OK.

Jan 15, 2004 at 3:09 AM Post #254 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by Ozric
Oops...must have missed your post somehow. I haven't heard any confirmation from nanahachi or smokey, so you're most welcome to come.

cool, thanks, should have no problem making it barring any disasters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back