Fall Los Angeles / So. Cal meet?
Jan 13, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #226 of 295
Will I be bringing the only DVD-A rig? Do you guys want me to bring mine for that matter? It's a budget player but most people at the last meet seemed pretty impressed anyway. For those of you that have heard it, I have gotten a number of new discs (Santana, Diana Krall, Alicia Keys, REM, etc.).

Jan 13, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #227 of 295
Bring it, man. Will be interesting to hear what budget hi res audio compares to high end redbook.

Although, I guess it would only be fair to compare to the same music.

You had Eagles: Hotel California in DVD-A, right?

I have an HDCD of that song as well. We could compare those. I'm sure alot of people are familiar. Plus we can compare Monkey's Audio on Iron's rig.

-Ed

Jan 13, 2004 at 7:49 AM Post #228 of 295
If only I hadn't ran over my copy of Metallica - s/t with my mother's truck last summer when St. Anus came out, we could have compared that album as well!
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2004 at 8:13 AM Post #232 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
If only I hadn't ran over my copy of Metallica - s/t with my mother's truck last summer when St. Anus came out, we could have compared that album as well!
biggrin.gif

I left my Metallica CD's in the microwave for 3 seconds when Lars started on his anti MP3 campaign.
very_evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Jan 13, 2004 at 8:33 AM Post #233 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
I left my Metallica CD's in the microwave for 3 seconds when Lars started on his anti MP3 campaign.
very_evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

I wonder if he has any idea how many people don't buy a disc until they've first heard the MP3 and decided they liked enough of the disc to warrant the purchase... Oh wait, now days they need people to buy blindly cuz they suck!

Jan 13, 2004 at 5:44 PM Post #234 of 295
I have a cheap ($179) Pioneer DV-655 universal that will play both DVD-A and SACD. If that's good enough for SACD listening, I can bring it.

Stuartr, I will PM you about carpooling. Thanks for the offer!

--Andre

Jan 13, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #235 of 295
Is there anyone coming from south of long beach that might want to carpool?

My car might still be in the shop while this is going on.

Jan 14, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #236 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by AndreYew
I have a cheap ($179) Pioneer DV-655 universal that will play both DVD-A and SACD. If that's good enough for SACD listening, I can bring it.

Stuartr, I will PM you about carpooling. Thanks for the offer!

--Andre

Sounds cool, bring it along, can't hurt... I'd like to hear SACD anyway... I've got the Norah Jones hybrid that I could pop in and maybe I'll pick up the Diana Krall one too so we can compare the DVD-A to the SACD.

Jan 14, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #237 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by Ozric
OK, I've combed through the last many pages and put together a tentative list of attendees and equipment:

Definites:
stuartr
carlo
Edwood
Iron_Dreamer
Jasper994
TimSchirmer
Orpheus
akio
AIM9X
AndreYew

Maybes:
smokey
nanahachi

Didn't even make the list, how sad, maybe the OmegaIIs werent good enough to make it.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Looks like a full house though already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back