Fall Los Angeles / So. Cal meet?
Jan 19, 2004 at 7:37 AM Post #287 of 295
Well, you missed out on a few Stax. Three.
biggrin.gif

Mmmmm. Omega II. Mmmmmm. I never would've thought it would have so much bass. I guess I'm a dynamic phones kinda guy. The HE60's really did disappoint me. Mainly in the soundstage department. HE60's were in dire need of crossfeed. LT and RT separation was severe.

Oh, and Stuart's CoJo, really sang with the K1000's. Whatta beast, though.

LOL, We have a funny K1000 group photo. We had three pairs there. (Would've been four if Dean wasn't so camera shy.
wink.gif
)

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Shall I start a new thread for Meet Impressions, or should we keep this thread growing and growing?

Man. I'll have to get a pair of Cardas Neutral Ref's someday. Me likes a lot! But Orpheus made me a sweet pair of his "signature" cables.
wink.gif

-Ed

Jan 19, 2004 at 8:21 AM Post #293 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Well, you missed out on a few Stax. Three.
biggrin.gif

Mmmmm. Omega II. Mmmmmm. I never would've thought it would have so much bass. I guess I'm a dynamic phones kinda guy. The HE60's really did disappoint me. Mainly in the soundstage department. HE60's were in dire need of crossfeed. LT and RT separation was severe.

Oh, and Stuart's CoJo, really sang with the K1000's. Whatta beast, though.

LOL, We have a funny K1000 group photo. We had three pairs there. (Would've been four if Dean wasn't so camera shy.
wink.gif
)

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Shall I start a new thread for Meet Impressions, or should we keep this thread growing and growing?

Man. I'll have to get a pair of Cardas Neutral Ref's someday. Me likes a lot! But Orpheus made me a sweet pair of his "signature" cables.
wink.gif

-Ed

I'm so jealous -- it sounds like the meet was fabulous. Just to torment myself more -- how many showed up? Were you packed as predicted or was there room for more?

Jan 19, 2004 at 8:23 AM Post #294 of 295
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
well guys, after that post declaring i finally finished my gilmore, i turned my computer off and went to bed.... but not to sleep. The amp called unto me. I turned it on and i listened to music for about 3-4 hours straight. I tried to wake up & head out, but it just didn't happen.

Missing out on stax is going to piss me off for the next month or so, but missing out on today's playoff games would piss me off too. Sorry about not showing up as i would've liked to see some of you guys again, but it just can't happen this time.

You person. I got the cal player out of the storage locker it was sitting, packed it in the car, lugged it up to Vikram's apartment, and then had to lug it back down and now put it back in the storage locker tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back