Fake Sennheiser HD650-> are there any ?
Jun 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #31 of 42
I once bought some CX300's off an auction site for what seemed a suspiciously low price for my girlfriend... well, when I put them up against my store-bought CX 300's the difference was crystal clear in so many ways. The rubber part was all loose and didnt block outside sound on the fake ones, the plastic was dull and not shiny and the sound quality was absolute crap compared to mine. I'm sure if someone tried to make a fake HD6X0 it would be plain as day it is fake and would sound awful.

Sep 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #32 of 42
well this is just to document that I confirm that my 650 were real,
I bought a second pair from an authorized dealer, and they sound exactly the same...

it seems that some real senn hd650 has that 580 stamp inside.

by the way a little dot amp created a huge difference on the sound, and now I'm really happy with them 
beyersmile.png

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #34 of 42
yeah I know,

but It was a sale, on Guitar Center,
and I never had seen any hd-650 for demo...
also you usually there are no hi-end amps on the retail stores that I know about, and that makes a huge difference,
believe me

so I just decided to buy them again...
I paid 350 for the first pair,
430 for this one..

the sound awesome, so I guess is not a loss...

have you ever tried them?

Quote:
You could have just took yours to the store and compaired. Didn't they had one for demo?

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #37 of 42

Quote:
I just got the Little Dov Mk V...
Men that thing sounds GREAT !!!

and the guy that sells them is incredible, really nice, and able to explain anything you ask,
I'm a happy man for now
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />

Love how you qualified your happiness with "for now"! Yes, upgraditis is very contagious.

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #38 of 42
Hi everyone i had just bought a sennheiser hd 650 for $402. And on the parcel from the post office it tells that its country of origin is china. I wanted to know if it is a genuine one because normally sennheiser's factory is found in Irland!

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #39 of 42
Is this real?

It seems to be a good deal if it is real..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sennheiser-HD-650-Headphone-EXPRESS-SHIPPING-HD650-/400220701627?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item5d2f0343bb

Oct 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #40 of 42
I bought mine from that very auction and seller: they are from the Hong Kong Sennheiser dealer, made in Ireland, sound fantastic. The silver box has a holofoil sennheiser sticker, Serial number sticker and Warranty card sticker. The seller also provides the 2 year warranty, and I found that it was better than the 12 months the Australian Sellers were providing.

Shipping was very fast to Western Sydney, via FedEx, signature required, tracked, the whole deal. I didn't even pay any extra for it!

I think the deal is Hong Kong do not pay any import or export duties, GST, etc... and that's why the stock from there is cheaper.

I'm a happy customer!

Edit: Just realised This is my first post, and its blowing some serious smoke up their....you-know. I find this funny, as I am normally the biggest sceptic when it comes to testimonies posted on the internet.

All I can say is I have no affiliation with the seller, paid or otherwise, other than I bought some headphones from them. Take my written word however you like it, I won't mind either way! :)

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #41 of 42
can anybody clarify the point regarding the writings/marks on the hd650's diaphragm: as stated above there are two kinds of writings on:
1 - laser-engraved "Sennheiser" (around) + a digit (on the very top)
2 - ink stamp (manuf. date + xxxxxx + "minisys")

so one diaphragm of mine hd650s has the laser-engraved "Sennheiser" + a digit "10" only, so there is no ink-stamp on. another one has both required: laser-engraved + ink stamp...

so can the driver with missing ink-stamp on its diaphragm considered as original?

thanks for help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back