Fake Sennheiser HD650-> are there any ?
Mar 1, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #16 of 42
well,

that's another story,
I'm not a professional engineer, but have been playing with music for a lot of years now.

I was always sick of mixing, and never being totally satisfied with end results, that's when I learned that instead of buying some Genelecs(6,000) I could mix frequency's on the 650, and pan the stage on my nearfields. After recieving the HD 650, I liked the sound but was feeling that it wasn't that impressive, but I didn't have a good headphone amp, so I decided to use them like that and wait until I have money for an amp...

well I think the amp will not solve my issue, but I still have a bit of hope, that I haven
t been screw.... (it should be just hope, because it doesn't make sense, for senn to name an internal part hd-580, for hd-650.... dammm it!!!)

at this point I believe i need to accept the fact that I was robbed, and beware others so they don't.

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by lagarez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headphone saids hd650,
it came with the 650 box and case,

but then I was suspicious because I could not remove the replacement cable very easily, then went to sennheiser site, and read for the first time about the fake headphones.

Then I find this post, and feel safer after reading about the number,
but when I removed the ear pad, I see a hd-580 number right there on the inside... I will try to post a picture later to show it...

I can't believe this!!

Here is some light reading for you. The clear bubble is the diaphragm that produces sound vibration. In truth, I'm sure that all HD580/HD600/HD650 use the same diaphragm. Their signatures are adjusted elsewhere either in their coils or their magnets.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The "featured merchants" on Amazon.com wouldn't be selling fakes right?

I find it unlikely for there to be any fakes out there. Just people trying to pass off HD580 as HD650 etc... (or mixing parts otgether to make a working headphone). That bieng said you can easily tell when you buy them and have the protection amazon provides.
smile.gif

You could always just buy from the FS section in this forum, which in my experience is the best and safest place to buy online.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 42
wow thanks for the link,

I hope it's true.... wheeeuuff!!

well, since I didn't know about fakes senn, I bought it thru an "ebay athorized sennheiser dealer" .... he has a few thousand feedbacks all ++ , so made the buy... I just went and the seller doesn't exist anymore...

may I ask you, If there's a way to get to the internals of 650, without damaging it?
I need to confirm what is what I really have... this is driving me nuts jejejee

well at least I learned about the fake products...

thanks a lot for sharing that link !!!

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #21 of 42
Quote:

may I ask you, If there's a way to get to the internals of 650, without damaging it?
I need to confirm what is what I really have... this is driving me nuts jejejee

well at least I learned about the fake products...

thanks a lot for sharing that link !!!

Getting to the internals of the HD650 is very easy to do without damaging the headphone.

Just pop of the earcups, undo the chord's and you can pop the driver out very easily (further disassembly is possible but not neccesary. That'll will show you more then you could possibly need to know about the internals.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it unlikely for there to be any fakes out there. Just people trying to pass off HD580 as HD650 etc... (or mixing parts otgether to make a working headphone). That bieng said you can easily tell when you buy them and have the protection amazon provides.
smile.gif

You could always just buy from the FS section in this forum, which in my experience is the best and safest place to buy online.

I see, I need to tell that the headphone isn't refurbished or anything, and that it's not a HD580. Is it possible to do that without opening up the headphone?

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #23 of 42
thanks suntory

The cable was hard, I just used some pliers, and damaged the cable a bit, but it finally came out. But i really don't see a way to take the driver out, it looks fragile...

I'm going to take a pic and post them...

thank you so much, it seems that I will not need to spend a few hundred again ... hopefully
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #24 of 42
taken these images with my webcam, my apologizes if they are not that clear:

picture18.jpg
I have

picture11r.jpg

this thing in the middle is the plastic bubble or diaphram as I was pointed, that has the hd-580 label
picture17w.jpg

should I force that spider like plastic out?

thanks !

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #26 of 42
It is normal for HD650 to have HD580 written on the diaphragm. Both models share the same diaphragm. The difference is in the magnet.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #27 of 42
The HD600 is already a HD580. They use the exact same elements. lagarez, I know what you're talking about since there are pictures of the HD580 imprinting in the other thread. Don't do anything to the mesh screen. There is a way to remove a element, but why would you want to do that? There is no coded distinction between the construction of the models so you wouldn't know what you're looking at. The summation of the the HD650 situation is inconclusive. Senn has not responded in years so don't start worrying now.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

taken these images with my webcam, my apologizes if they are not that clear:

picture18.jpg
I have

picture11r.jpg

this thing in the middle is the plastic bubble or diaphram as I was pointed, that has the hd-580 label
picture17w.jpg

should I force that spider like plastic out?

thanks !

You can also clip of the other side (the grills) from that side the drivers can be easily taken out (I usually use a spoon to do this). Interesting that you had trouble with the chord, it should be able to be easily pulled out.

Though based on the white mesh you see, that is from a HD650 (as from memory the HD580 did not have that). This link will show you how to get the grills off http://apuresound.com/hdsennmod.html . Though I wouldn't bother, I'm almost 100% sure what you have is the real deal. Also do not try and get the driver out from the wrong side (the side closest to you're ears when listening to music) as that will damage the headphone.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #29 of 42
wow I really feel more a relief now, the white mesh you guys talk about, is not a mesh, is more like a bunch of metalic small strips together... I would like to put some higher res images but dont have a good cam here...

thnx

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

wow I really feel more a relief now, the white mesh you guys talk about, is not a mesh, is more like a bunch of metalic small strips together... I would like to put some higher res images but dont have a good cam here...

thnx

Yeah, I have the same white stuff in my HD600's, just not certain what else to call it (therefore I call it what others call it... so mesh it is).
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back