Fake Sennheiser HD650-> are there any ?
Oct 11, 2008 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

stuge(original)

100+ Head-Fier
Well,I have heard quite lot that many Sennheisers products are fake like CX series .I read somewhere that Senn products have authenticity of sticker .Well,My HD650 never had one .So,now my concern are their any Senn HD650 fakes available in the market .Though I bought mine directly from Sennheiser Distributor .

2915518656_ac082eeabb.jpg

I feel I should send email to Sennheiser India to confirm its authenticity ?what do you think .

Oct 11, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 42
Ive never seen a fake HD6x0 series, I don't think they exist in the wild. If they did I'm sure there would be signs to tell if one was fake or not. Mine didn't have an authenticity sticker, but it did come with paper work in the box, I'm sure those are real so stop worrying
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 42
ditto---it would be cost prohibitive to even make an acceptable clone....perhaps it could be a refurb or b stock piece with some kind of relabel...has anyone out there bought a refurb or b stock 650 and remembers what the package and stickers looked like?

Oct 11, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #9 of 42
They should come with a sticker with the s/n. The only time I've seen one not have it is when someone was trying to pass off a refurb HD600 as brand new.

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should come with a sticker with the s/n. The only time I've seen one not have it is when someone was trying to pass off a refurb HD600 as brand new.

Mostly, but it's not THAT sticker (that number is the UPC, the part number, and something else), it's a smaller white one that Senn uses to track the item history. Grey market dealers will buy refurbs, remove the sticker, and if they ever get back to Senn, there's no way for them to see whose hands the phones have been in. Also makes it impossible to see if someone is selling phones that "fell off a truck in New Jersey". ...based on that photo, those are legit. I know, because I just my $50 rebate check from Senn today, and I had to send them that sticker as proof of purchase....

Oct 13, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by bergman2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ditto---it would be cost prohibitive to even make an acceptable clone....perhaps it could be a refurb or b stock piece with some kind of relabel...has anyone out there bought a refurb or b stock 650 and remembers what the package and stickers looked like?

Yeah ,Thats what I was also thinking that making clone of it will cost a lot and those who make clones(headphone/earphones one
tongue.gif
) must have a target market in mind .

CX series -->they can sell it more people ,but not with HD650,HD600,HD595.

though I have send an email to Senn India.

Secondly, I found same serial number pasted on the headphone driver as well .
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #12 of 42
Hello

I have the same worries as you, mine comes with the sticker shown, and look almost the same. But them today I went and removed the ear pads, and to my surprise on the inside some kind of plastic bubble saids hd-580!!

I almost sure I have been robbed, I tried to find an image of the inside looks of the hd-650 with no success, and I would like to ask you if you can post one of your's to confirm my bad luck.... dammm

thanks a lot, and I hope yours are not as mine...

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by lagarez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello

I have the same worries as you, mine comes with the sticker shown, and look almost the same. But them today I went and removed the ear pads, and to my surprise on the inside some kind of plastic bubble saids hd-580!!

I almost sure I have been robbed, I tried to find an image of the inside looks of the hd-650 with no success, and I would like to ask you if you can post one of your's to confirm my bad luck.... dammm

thanks a lot, and I hope yours are not as mine...

Thats's odd. To confirm, does it actually say HD580 on the headphone, as if its just some of the protective packaging I would be to worried. Where did you buy them from?

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #14 of 42
The headphone saids hd650,
it came with the 650 box and case,

but then I was suspicious because I could not remove the replacement cable very easily, then went to sennheiser site, and read for the first time about the fake headphones.

Then I find this post, and feel safer after reading about the number,
but when I removed the ear pad, I see a hd-580 number right there on the inside... I will try to post a picture later to show it...

I can't believe this!!

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #15 of 42
U can always hear n tell if everything else fails?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back