fake Monster Turbine's
Feb 13, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 54
I haven't heard of any, it probably isn't as profitable as making fakes of a plastic IEM. The main time to be worried about fakes is when you're buying Shure or Sennheiser from any site that isn't authorized, and even then it's mostly Sennheisers. Also watch for Audio-Technica fakes, there are millions of them out there too.

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 54
I have seen reports of fake Monster Beat on Tour before, so I won't be surprised if there is fake Turbine as well. Beside Shure, Sennheiser and AT, Monster is getting quite popular for cloner these days.

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 54
$66 shipped for a pair of Monster Turbines from a relatively new seller based in Hong Kong with 4 feedback ratings? Yeah...those are probably fake.

If sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

May 5, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #9 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziemas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DX is now selling them too for USD 49.19. There are a bunch of photos, maybe an expert can comment on them.

DealExtreme: $49.19 Designer Turbine In-Ear Stereo Earphone with Carrying Bag (3.5mm Jack/110CM-Cable)

K, After doing some research my assessment is they are fake for the following reasons.

1-The case leather is of poor quality and the tab appears to be the wrong color. The real case has a gold tab from the reviews I saw and no red stitching w/ better quality leather. I'm guessing it was too expensive to use another color like gold for the tab and keep costs low.

2-The splines/cuts on the fakes appear to be more shallow and not to go as deep as real ones. The paint quality also seems a bit rougher. The printing on the cables appears to be rubbing off quite easily.

3-Cost. As someone familiar w/ how retail pricing works on audio equipment I would say $49 would be at or more likely below cost on these.

4-Monster made an official statement on their youtube video that there ARE fakes out there. Maybe some fell off the back of the truck or more likely were made in the back of a truck.

May 5, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #11 of 54
May 5, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #13 of 54
actually the genuine turbine case has a pewter tab.

i know turbines isn't listed under **** i own, but i did buy them for my girlfriend and i see them everyday.

the deal extreme link looks like the real thing, but something about it puts me off. like it doesn't look quite right. perhaps the misalignment of the monster logo or the fact that the case looks poorly made with the spine not sitting level.

if they're not fakes probably factory rejects.

May 5, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #14 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually the genuine turbine case has a pewter tab.

i know turbines isn't listed under **** i own, but i did buy them for my girlfriend and i see them everyday.

the deal extreme link looks like the real thing, but something about it puts me off. like it doesn't look quite right. perhaps the misalignment of the monster logo or the fact that the case looks poorly made with the spine not sitting level.

if they're not fakes probably factory rejects.

It could be the fact that they come from DX, which is famous for selling bogus products. I certainly wouldn't trust anything from DX that isn't from a Chinese company (ie Fiio) to be original. There are just too many reports of people getting dodgy goods that DX listed as original.

May 7, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #15 of 54
I own one I-think-is-fake-but-they-claim-100%-real Monster Turbine... it's build quality is good and come with a very nice pouch! It sound like a Hippo Boom bt the bass is stronger but the mid is slightly weaker. Suitable for modern music but not classics... I can't tell is it worth it or not but I like it very much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back