Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE
Jan 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #92 of 116
Jan 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #93 of 116

Quote:
Hi guys, I'm new here, but I am thinking of getting a MTPC, but I am afraid to make a mistake and get a fake one online. I found this seller on eBay who's selling MTPC at $250, and the pictures look convincing, but I just can't be too sure. Anyone can help me check if it's real? Thanks! Link's here.http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270894641654&category=112529&sspagename=rvireg:1:1#ht_500wt_1156

you do realise, that if that person didn't buy from an authorised seller:
-Your warranty is void
-Your probably buying fakes

Jan 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #94 of 116

Quote:
1. Yours are real - good news
2. It is, but you need two things: 
-Proof of purchase (original)
-The item had to be bought from an authorised dealer

Say i bought some headphones from best buy for $10. Sold them on to you, I would need to provide you with that receipt of $10 (with my name on it).
And now that warranty will be covered in the US only. So if now u were living in the UK, you would have to contact Monster US to have it replaced.

Thanks so much! Yes I have the original receipt and it was previously purchased from an authorized dealer. :)

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #95 of 116

Quote:
Hi guys, I'm new here, but I am thinking of getting a MTPC, but I am afraid to make a mistake and get a fake one online. I found this seller on eBay who's selling MTPC at $250, and the pictures look convincing, but I just can't be too sure. Anyone can help me check if it's real? Thanks! Link's here.http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270894641654&category=112529&sspagename=rvireg:1:1#ht_500wt_1156

in my opinion is a bad decision to buy the from there. I guess i have some experience in buying stuff online and i would buy them.. Its not worth the price difference from buying from a well known seller. Especially with items like this one which are so widely faked.
The seller seems like an ordirnary person.. From his feedback he bought and selled general consumer electronics.
He didnt even bother making a proper listing with actualy pictures of the product.
He might be a crook who ordered a pair for $40 from alibaba and tries to steal someones money from ebay.

P.S these kind of threats rock! i think they bring a lot of awareness in the internet!
cool.gif

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #96 of 116
Quote:

those are fake. the supertips come in a sealed, non-ziplock baggie, and they come with two types of supertips (gel and foam)

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #98 of 116
^You have a valid point.  From the two pictures in the ebay link, the first picture is a fake.  However, the second picture may be from an older stock of MTPC.  Monster has changed the packaging at least 2-3 times since they debuted.  Perhaps it could be from the past $99 MTPC deal in CAN, which the person is flipping for a big profit.  Either way, it's a big risk and i would pass.

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #99 of 116
Indeed i agree - I would pass, especially from an ebayer with not many ratings, no real description.

THE ONLY WAY i trust ebayers, i mean genuine one that actually know what they are doing is:
When they include a picture of the ORIGINAL sales receipt in the picture (with their name near it)

That said, most are "noobs" and have no idea, its only after you contact them that they explain: they bought it from hmv, and provide you a picture.

No GENUINE seller, will ever refuse to give you info, or/and a receipt.

If a seller doesn't do this, then its pointless asking around for more.

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #101 of 116
Hard to tell with the first picture, but the second has a blatant miss spelling.  One of the best way to tell is to look at the mesh cover and if it's recessed, it's a faker.  Another is the 1/4 adapter plug, if it doesn't have the shining dual tone and long shape, it's a faker.  There a few solid threads with provided images outlining the real and fake. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #103 of 116
I bought it off kijiji :frowning2: I guess I'll have to bite the bullet with this one. It just seemed real given the price (150) and the fact that it was still sealed with the recent sale and all.

Thanks anyway.

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #104 of 116

Quote:
I bought it off kijiji :frowning2: I guess I'll have to bite the bullet with this one. It just seemed real given the price (150) and the fact that it was still sealed with the recent sale and all.

Thanks anyway.

Who is this Kijiji?

And paypal, if you did a sales good you can get a refund.

Go on this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/573428/got-sold-some-fake-monster-turbine-pro-coppers-by-advanced-mp3-players-pictures-videos-incl

And take pictures as I did, and show them to us - the BIGGEST give-away is the nozzle + accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back