Fake Alert: Sennheiser IE7
Apr 13, 2009 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 122

bestnaru

100+ Head-Fier
I was browsing through eBay this evening and came across a pair of IE7 at very attractive price.

SENNHEISER IE7 IN-EAR EARPHONES HEADPHONES NEW!!!!!!! - (eBay.ca item 230336379222 end time 12-Apr-09 23:40:09 EDT)

So I checked his feedback and listing and it turned out he's from Hong Kong instead of the US and most of his headphone listings are common counterfeit suspects. This made me wonder and look for further evidence.

Now .... what we got here

ÆäËûÊýÂë²úÆ·-¹©Ó¦É*º£Èû¶û IE7 HIFI¼¶¶úÈû ±£Ö¤Ô*×°-ÊÓÌýÉ豸¾¡ÔÚ°¢Àï°Í°Í

and w/ pacakge too

Apr 13, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 122
I've been looking at those for the past couple of days. I messaged the seller asking if they carried a full warranty through Sennheiser 2 days ago. Never got a response. So that + the too-good-to-be-true factor made me think that they are fake. I was also very weary of the sellers bad feedback.

I'll be getting a pair somewhere else...

Apr 13, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 122
I'm a chinese and not involved with manufacturing that fake IE7 LOL
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 122
Sorry, I am a chinses myself too but it's just so frustrating that they keep copying audiophile headphones again and again
angry_face.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 122
lol. Keep in mind a lot of products are made in china.

like the Sennheiser IE series.

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #10 of 122
Price tells everything indeed.Thank you for letting people know.I always think twice when I shop on ebay,a powerseller wouldnt do that,thats the key I think.

And Bestnaru there is nothing to do with you ifthey copy everything man.I am sure you are a cool guy
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #11 of 122
My dad had a similar experience..he won the bid for Blackberry Storm..the price was too low and he felt suspicious like u too..he didnt pay.

Hong Kong again.

be careful guys.

btw There are such people in every country who do things which embarrass the citizens of that country.

its better not to bring in the nationality.

Apr 13, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #13 of 122
Well, I got my IE8 from a reputable Australian store, so I'm happy.

The fact that they had the best price was the icing on the cake. I'd always rather support an Australian retailer than buy from overseas unless the price difference was massive.

Apr 13, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #14 of 122
hmmm you know im aware its not fair to tar the whole country with the same brush but...

perhaps if china was more universality vilified for producing fakes and junk that are out right scams to screw people to the point people stop wanting to buy anyhting from china or hong kong. then perhaps legit producers and sellers may pressure the gov there to actually do something about the rampant fakery.

if we are all honest we all know something is more likely to arouse suspicion if its a good price and if from china or hong kong than it would if it said germany or japan

Apr 13, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #15 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dad had a similar experience..he won the bid for Blackberry Storm..the price was too low and he felt suspicious like u too..he didnt pay.

Hong Kong again.

huh? That doesn't make any sense.

but this IE7 is an amazing copy. Looks exactly like the real thing. I wonder if its from the same factory as the original IE factory.
If that is the case, then it's a real bargin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back